A Work in Progress

[quote]aeromom wrote:
When do you make a pull up attempt, before, during or after your workout? I usually try right in between sets, give it all I got, and walk away.
A five pound fat loss can really make a difference, too.
How’s it going? Keep us posted.

Michele[/quote]

I usually do mine at the end of my workout. If I want to see how many I can do for maximum reps I just do it whenever. My bar is at home so sometimes when I get up first thing in the morning.

Weight makes a huge difference. The max chin ups I’ve done is 9. When I do weighted I add 15 lbs and usually can only do 2. A couple times 3. So if you’re losing weight, that will make it that much easier.

O

I lucked out…I was in the Navy and you aren’t required to do one single pull up…a million push ups though, but that was eons ago…(ok, like 6 years lol)

Sic- Thanks, and congrats again on your new bebe! :stuck_out_tongue: Were you pretty fit before you got pg?

I like to think I was pretty fit. :slight_smile: I was far from any of my goals (DL 300, squat 275, bench 200) but I trained hard and consistently. Once it gets under your skin it’s hard to live any other way. :slight_smile:

Sic- ain’t that the truth?!

ya, I’m married, stay home with the 2 kids, go to school(online anyway) Everything is great aside the fact I am overweight…

So in my mind I have 2 options:

1/ Do nothing and be unhappy

2/ Gather all the resources I can and work my ass off…(literally haha)

I have many short term goals, but the future is always full of possibilities…I want to always strive to challenge myself… If I can bench press 200, why not shoot for 250? then 300, etc… :slight_smile: So far I’m at 80lb LOL!

How many pounds are you trying to lose? Is there a short term and long term amount?

Love it, you have pullups as one of your first goals!! Good luck!

I would at least like to lose 34 pounds to put me at 172(you do the math lol) This is a weight that is appropriate for my height and build so “they say.” After that, it’s more about maintaining that weight (hardest part for me) and just getting leaner and stronger…

Short term is to get below that damn 200lb mark(then I’ll buy everyone pizza :P)

I would lovelovelove to lose at least 26 pounds by the end of July (going to Vegas!) And by the end of fall or thereabouts I don’t see why I shouldn’t have lost the rest, if not more…

Do you think tire flipping could be used as HIIT?
Any good places I should know about to get a big ass tire? lol…

PERFECT MWA article for you recently posted. Check it out.

Maybe even think about getting started on the plan she’s laid out.

[quote]mominmaine wrote:
Do you think tire flipping could be used as HIIT?
Any good places I should know about to get a big ass tire? lol…[/quote]

haha, I’m not sure about the HIIT but if you live in a rural community or near one its not that hard to go buy a tire from John Deere or any of the industrial/commercial operations. Otherwise, the junkyard could turn up some stuff!

Hah! Just try tire flipping and NOT breaking a sweat! I love tire flipping, makes you feel so strong and powerful. :slight_smile:

Lifting a tire is pretty intense right? So you lift it say 2 times in a minute, and then walk 30 seconds one way, then 30 seconds back to the tire, repeat lol…

I’ll have to look into getting said tire next month…but yes, we live in a pretty rural place, but we are moving to a not so rural place next month!!

Thanks, I’ll check that article out!

I’ve never tried lifting a tire but I’m sure it would be a killer work out. Never mind the fact that a woman flipping a tire would be awesome!

I hope you can reach your goal! :slight_smile:

Thanks!But I’m sure I wouldn’t have been the only girl to do that :slight_smile:

I’m going to attempt 1RM of 100lb bench tomorrow…I got to give these girls a run for there money! (sic and BBB!)

Oh crap. Now I’m in trouble! I’m benching tomorrow too, we’ll see what I’m capable of now that I’m being pushed! :slight_smile:

p.s. good luck hitting 100!

ATTEMPT key word, lol…

well, I only got up to 90lbs…but that was after I did pulldowns, pullups and shoulders…duhhhh!!!

[quote]mominmaine wrote:
Lifting a tire is pretty intense right? So you lift it say 2 times in a minute, and then walk 30 seconds one way, then 30 seconds back to the tire, repeat lol…

I’ll have to look into getting said tire next month…but yes, we live in a pretty rural place, but we are moving to a not so rural place next month!!

Thanks, I’ll check that article out![/quote]

If you want to flip the tire for HIIT, I would find a size you can flip between 8 - 16 reps. I have a tire I flip around 16 times and my heart rate skyrockets. It is perfect HIIT with the right size tire. I use to do it at the end of leg day. Too much snow right now:(

Good luck with your 100lb bench:)

Claire