A Wise Selection of Supps?

18 years old
160lbs

starting strength for nearly 8 months

Live with my dad who is rarely home and i tend to work mostly from midnight-lunch 8 hours in that period, I have to do most of the shopping my self and i tend to get quite lazy/tired and get slack with my eating, i work at a bakery so i try to eat while i work and drink milk

Though i might try splurge out on some new Biotest products as i don’t get that much vegies etc into my diet although i am defiantly trying to eat more weather it be a quarter pounder from maccas or stir fry at home

here is what i have chosen, opinions and crictism please?

FINiBAR Value Pk, 48 (70g)
Surge Workout Fuel
Biotest Superfood
Surge Post-Workout Recovery Drink,
Flameout Inflammation Scavenger
L-Leucine, 450 g
NALGENE Labware Bottle - 2,000 mL
Biotest Branched Chain Amino Acids,
ELITEPRO Mineral Support
Maximum Strength, 256 pages
Curcumin 500, 60 capsules
FA3 Lauric Acid / Oleic Acid / Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) Super Complex,
Testosterone T-shirt, Color: Red Size: L
Micronized German Creatine, 500 g,

Anything i should add or not be having? i have Grow! and other whey at home is this all safe to be having ,should i have everything all at once during the day or spread it out??

thanks

Anything you should get rid of? Sure, scrap your entire list of goodies above and hit the local Costco instead. WHOLE FOODS! Take the money you would have spent - and, considering what minimal, if any, results might have come from this - and opt for real food instead.

Do you really think these products live up their self-generated, over-exaggerated hype? And if you need assistance on producing a grocery list of an acceptable food ideas, you’re already too far gone and explaining myself any further is probably a colossal waste of my time.

While it is an awesome list of stuff man, a guy your size would benefit FAR more from whole foods. Biotest products are supplements, remember that.

[quote]Rollsroyce13 wrote:
18 years old
160lbs

starting strength for nearly 8 months

Live with my dad who is rarely home and i tend to work mostly from midnight-lunch 8 hours in that period, I have to do most of the shopping my self and i tend to get quite lazy/tired and get slack with my eating, i work at a bakery so i try to eat while i work and drink milk

Though i might try splurge out on some new Biotest products as i don’t get that much vegies etc into my diet although i am defiantly trying to eat more weather it be a quarter pounder from maccas or stir fry at home

here is what i have chosen, opinions and crictism please?

FINiBAR Value Pk, 48 (70g)
Surge Workout Fuel
Biotest Superfood
L-Leucine, 450 g
ELITEPRO Mineral Support

Anything i should add or not be having? i have Grow! and other whey at home is this all safe to be having ,should i have everything all at once during the day or spread it out??

thanks [/quote]

FINiBAR Value Pk, 48 (70g) (are you moving enough iron to need them?)
Surge Workout Fuel (are you moving enough iron to need them?)
Biotest Superfood
L-Leucine, 450 g (If you are eating well, you shouldn’t need it you should put on weight pretty easy)
NALGENE Labware Bottle - 2,000 mL (Milk jugs work)
Biotest Branched Chain Amino Acids (are you cutting and trying to preserve muscle doing cardio?)
ELITEPRO Mineral Support (training hard enough to deplete these minerals?)
Curcumin 500, 60 capsules (are you suffering joint pain/inflamation?)

You really probably don’t need most of that. Get some protein to start with and work from there. If you start up taking 20 supplements at once, how are you going to know what’s working and what isn’t?

18 years old
160lbs[/quote]
How tall are you? I forget if you’ve mentioned it before.

[quote]FINiBAR Value Pk, 48 (70g)
Surge Workout Fuel
Biotest Superfood
L-Leucine, 450 g
ELITEPRO Mineral Support

Anything i should add or not be having?[/quote]
In terms of priority, you don’t really “need” BCAAs and Leucine in addition to the several protein shakes you’re probably having through the day. And the Curcumin 500 is a great health supplement, but as a younger guy, you could probably hold off on including it for a while unless, like someone said, you had joint issues you were trying to help with.

Of course whey is “safe.” That’s like asking if eggs or oatmeal are “safe.” The question is whether you’ll over-rely on supplements and neglect whole foods, which will only slow down your overall progress.

I know that you know that taking everything all at once isn’t really an option. Many supplements work best when taken at appropriate times, though food-based supplements (Flameout, FA3, Superfood) can be included pretty much whenever.

That said, I’d like to hear your plans on how you’ll be incorporating these supplements into your daily routine. Specifically regarding the FINiBARS, Surge Workout Fuel, Surge Recovery, and creatine. That’s a potential recipe for some major peri-workout nutrition. How’re you going to use them?

Also, what, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

Everything looks fine IF your training intensity warrants it, although I’d forgo BCAA and L-Leucine at your stage of development.

Are you training hard enough to justify everything?

If anything you got too much. Make sure your diet is awesome though, thats number one

You need (in this order):

1. Keep making progress. You’ve made great gains since October. Keep it up man.
  2. Whole foods (it’s really not that hard)
  3. Surge Recovery (have 2-3 scoops BEFORE and during your workout.
  4. Metabolic Drive for super shake The Super Shake Guide: Turn your boring protein smoothie into a Super Shake. take the super shake to work with you
  5. creatine (to mix with Surge Recovery)

Rightio thanks for the responses

I gather not all these products are for me then

I’m like half an inch off 6 foot or so so 5’9-6" ish

I realize i need a consumer stronger foods and not rely on supps which is maybe what i was secretly hoping for.

Looks like ill shelff the BCAA and Leucine for the time being,

At the moment im on holidays with my mother and she feeds me quite well heres what i consumed yesterday

3 croissants with ham,cheese, avocado
and 2 slices of last nights pizza
Takeaway- chicken roll and chips
Some leftover chicken breast and vegies- not much
4 sushi rolls all tuna and avocado

Throw in some glasses of milk and about 3 bananas
And a shake with a 2 scoops of Grow! Whey and 1 of Surge Recovery, and Superfood and creatine, plus Flameout and flaxseed capsules.

Not sure about time slots i ate all this exactly i was awake about 11am-midnight… im on holidays

Im just eating breakfast now and i have 2 bread rolls with cheese, avocado one with ham, one with tuna, 2 slices of pizza, 3 sushi rolls and a shake about a hour later

Oh and chris for my workout nutrition i was planning on having a FINiBAR + Surge Workout Fuel/creatine shake before workout then after have one with Surge Recovery/creatine/Grow! Whey

my first FINiBAR order, if i like them ill probably just have another 2 a day when i get hungry or with my other meals?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Also, what, exactly, did you eat yesterday?[/quote]

Just to let you know, I (now) use that line any time someone asks me why they can’t “get big.”

3 croissants with ham,cheese, avocado
and 2 slices of last nights pizza
Takeaway- chicken roll and chips
Some leftover chicken breast and vegies- not much
4 sushi rolls all tuna and avocado

[/quote]

Whelp, we found our issue. I assume the first line was your breakfast. At least you’re eating breakfast, we’ll go with that.
I assume lunch was the left-over pizza, I’m 25lb lighter than you and unless I down 4 slices I don’t begin to feel satiated. If you compounded it with the “chicken roll and chips” (what is that?) then thats a different story. So far we have a light breakfast and a moderate lunch.

Now “leftover chicken breast and veggies…” You said yourself it wasn’t much, then you added “4 suchi rolls.” Sounds like you need to double that chicken, and triple the sushi. My normal order of sushi is 16 - 24 rolls, from salmon to crab to whatever.

The point I’m trying to make is you may feel you’re eating enough, but you could very well save your nice supplements for when they’ll serve you better. For now, at your height and weight, food will serve you fantastically if you prepare enough of the good stuff well. Half the guys around here down half of what you eat in a day before they’re done with breakfast, to give you an idea.

It looks like you went to the store and hit Select All → Add to Cart.

If you are dead set on getting at least something, I would modify your list as follows:

Maybe add some Metabolic Drive bars and some of the Muscle Building Formula (when they decided to release it).

Fish Oils and BCAAs.

Save the rest of your money that you would’ve spent and go to the grocery store instead.

thanks for the feedback, I’ll defiently try to consume a lot more at every meal time and just go light on the supps,