A Whole New World?

"The head of Mossad, Israelâ??s overseas intelligence service, has assured Benjamin Netanyahu, its prime minister, that Saudi Arabia would turn a blind eye to Israeli jets flying over the kingdom during any future raid on Iranâ??s nuclear sites.

Earlier this year Meir Dagan, Mossadâ??s director since 2002, held secret talks with Saudi officials to discuss the possibility.

The Israeli press has already carried unconfirmed reports that high-ranking officials, including Ehud Olmert, the former prime minister, held meetings with Saudi colleagues. The reports were denied by Saudi officials.

â??The Saudis have tacitly agreed to the Israeli air force flying through their airspace on a mission which is supposed to be in the common interests of both Israel and Saudi Arabia,â?? a diplomatic source said last week.

Although the countries have no formal diplomatic relations, an Israeli defence source confirmed that Mossad maintained â??working relationsâ?? with the Saudis.

John Bolton, the former US ambassador to the United Nations who recently visited the Gulf, said it was â??entirely logicalâ?? for the Israelis to use Saudi airspace."

The Saudis and the Israelis, working together to attack Iran. What is this world coming to?

Not quite sure what the benefit is for saudi arabia.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Not quite sure what the benefit is for saudi arabia. [/quote]

My guess is that the Saudis don’t want Iran to have the muscle to shut down the Straits of Hormuz. I find it interesting that fellow Muslims do such things, all for the $$$$.

Arab nations have feared Iran for years, and the principle of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” still applies (and always has).

Just imagine - for years, we were told that Baathists could never work with Islamic terror elements, even though they shared common political interests…

…and now we have Saudi Arabia looking to cooperate with Israel. Incredible, but not so incredible given the circumstances.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"The head of Mossad, Israelâ??s overseas intelligence service, has assured Benjamin Netanyahu, its prime minister, that Saudi Arabia would turn a blind eye to Israeli jets flying over the kingdom during any future raid on Iranâ??s nuclear sites. [/quote]

As opposed to what? Throwing stones at them?