A Very Powerful Image

Mufasa, both powerful and moving.

[quote]curious wrote:
YourXLNS wrote:
Here is another picture that completely broke my heart.

Could you provide some background on this picture?[/quote]

http://www.worldpressphoto.org/index.php?option=com_photogallery&task=view&id=875&Itemid=146&bandwidth=high

http://www.ksdk.com/news/cover_story/cover_article.aspx?storyid=107719

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
With proper direction, he will grow up to be a strong man…[/quote]

That was supposed to be his father’s job.

Thanks George W. Bush you sorry bastard.

Pathetic bastards. Let’s hear your solutions! The only solution you have, as you take your cues from Harry Reid, is that we have ‘lost’, so now let’s just give up.

Many men and women have died in this war. Heartbreaking. Painful. Terrible. There are not words to describe it. But tell us the alternatives? 2,500 American civilians died in the blink of an eye five years ago. What SHOULD we have done? The same people posting the anti-Bush crap now were screaming ‘Bush KNEW!’ and ‘HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?’ back then.

So did Bush make all the right moves? No. Is he the best president of our time? Probably not. Did he act in order to protect this county from being victimized again? Certainly. Did he react to those who said that this country didn’t do enough after the FIRST World Trade Center attack to protect it’s citizens? Yes.

And for those of you say that this is fight that cannot be won: There is no such thing. This reveals your character, in that you have none. Your statements and the statements of your leftist leaders like Reid enable our enemies. It emboldens them. Bush is fighting two foes. Those who would kill us: Al Queda. And those who wish our county failure to affect their personal (and the democratic party’s collective) success.

Here is a number I’d throw out. Zero. That’s the number of people killed by Al Queda on American soil from September 12, 2001 up until today. 9/11 was supposed to be the tip of the iceberg. Bush bungled and gaffed.

But in the end he saved lives, maybe yours. Mainly because he’s not afraid to do what, ultimately, HAS to be done. And also because he’s not Al Gore…or Harry Reid. Or Nancy Pelosi. Or Hilliary Clinton.

Now stop defiling a good Marine’s memory. He is somewhere weeping over what you are using the image of his son to convey. You are not fit to discuss him, his son, or any individual who has died for this country.

Go somewhere and cry over injustice while other people make your pathetic existences possible.

[quote]DS 007 wrote:
Pathetic bastards. Let’s hear your solutions! The only solution you have, as you take your cues from Harry Reid, is that we have ‘lost’, so now let’s just give up.

Many men and women have died in this war. Heartbreaking. Painful. Terrible. There are not words to describe it. But tell us the alternatives? 2,500 American civilians died in the blink of an eye five years ago. What SHOULD we have done? The same people posting the anti-Bush crap now were screaming ‘Bush KNEW!’ and ‘HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?’ back then.

So did Bush make all the right moves? No. Is he the best president of our time? Probably not. Did he act in order to protect this county from being victimized again? Certainly. Did he react to those who said that this country didn’t do enough after the FIRST World Trade Center attack to protect it’s citizens? Yes.

And for those of you say that this is fight that cannot be won: There is no such thing. This reveals your character, in that you have none. Your statements and the statements of your leftist leaders like Reid enable our enemies. It emboldens them. Bush is fighting two foes. Those who would kill us: Al Queda. And those who wish our county failure to affect their personal (and the democratic party’s collective) success.

Here is a number I’d throw out. Zero. That’s the number of people killed by Al Queda on American soil from September 12, 2001 up until today. 9/11 was supposed to be the tip of the iceberg. Bush bungled and gaffed.

But in the end he saved lives, maybe yours. Mainly because he’s not afraid to do what, ultimately, HAS to be done. And also because he’s not Al Gore…or Harry Reid. Or Nancy Pelosi. Or Hilliary Clinton.

Now stop defiling a good Marine’s memory. He is somewhere weeping over what you are using the image of his son to convey. You are not fit to discuss him, his son, or any individual who has died for this country.

Go somewhere and cry over injustice while other people make your pathetic existences possible.[/quote]

Like all of these threads, it has degenrated into a political toss match. Defend Bush elsewhere.

He (The Marine) is not somewhere crying, he is dead. His son has no Father, tens of thousands in Iraq have no family. All in all, not a cheery situation.

These are some pictures from a Muslim demonstration in Europe. How can you defeat such radical beliefs? I don’t know, but we have to find a way.

[quote]DS 007 wrote:

[/quote]

You are correct, this war can be won, just not with this nation and this president. We don’t have the intestinal fortitude to win. One million soldiers killing anything that moves.

That is how Saddam maintained order in that hell hole, and frankly hundreds of people were not dying everyday when he was around. This war has been done half-ass from the start because our politicans and administration don’t have the gumption to finish this enemy.

Truman knew how to end a war. I lament the deaths of our soldiers. They are dying because we won’t fight a real war.

Thank you for your service, Sergeant.

[quote]jm85 wrote:
These are some pictures from a Muslim demonstration in Europe. How can you defeat such radical beliefs? I don’t know, but we have to find a way.[/quote]

I wish I was there to punch this bitch in her mouth

[quote]jm85 wrote:
These are some pictures from a Muslim demonstration in Europe. How can you defeat such radical beliefs? I don’t know, but we have to find a way.[/quote]

All I can see is massive deportation, a ban on immigration from their countries, find the individual people who held those signs and “rendition” them back to their homelands (threatening violence is a crime in many civilized nations), and tell the Middle East that the West will treat them like equals when their people start behaving like it.

– ElbowStrike

Rest in peace Devil Dog

If a a soul can see the interwebs from heaven, Mark should take pride in the fact that it seems he did a great job raising a young man in the short time he had to do so.

I just wanted to chime in with something Blacksnake said…

At 8 years old, this was an EXTREMLY vulnerable time for Christian to lose his Dad.

Depending on the influences that surround him over the next few years, it can be an event that can make or break him.

I just have a feeling we will see a VERY strong young man come out of this.

Mufasa

heart felt to all those who died to give us the life and freedom we own, and to those left behind. hooha…to all those who serve and have served. thanks for the photo mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I just wanted to chime in with something Blacksnake said…

At 8 years old, this was an EXTREMLY vulnerable time for Christian to lose his Dad.

Depending on the influences that surround him over the next few years, it can be an event that can make or break him.

I just have a feeling we will see a VERY strong young man come out of this.

Mufasa[/quote]

Amen Mufassa. I mourn for this man and his son but I feel the same way. That young MAN had to grow up way too early but you can tell by the picture he has steel in his eyes and backbone.

I’ll tell you something else a few years ago you posted that pic on T nation you would have heard men talking about being men and feeling for that little guy. Now this thread is ,sadly, a reflection of what I fear we have morphed into. It’s too bad.

RIP Marine!

The image is a good reminder of the effects of war on the world but I don’t agree with it being posted.

Posting this sort of image is always going to start the endless debate of war. I wouldn’t want this sort of thing posted if I was the boys mother as it leaves a trail of insensitive comments that use this boy simply as a pawn.