A Very Powerful Image

“Christian Golczynski,8, receives the flag from his father’s coffin from Lt. Col. Ric Thompson during the graveside service at Wheeler Cemetery”.

“Golczynski’s father, Marine Staff Sgt. Andrew “Mark” Gokczynski, 30, was killed by enemy fire in Iraq last week”…

Semper Fi

Powerful To Say The Least! Thank You To All Those Who Serve Our Country…

Very powerful to say the least.

You can see the sadness and pain.

how is there anything to say other than the utter feeling that one gets when looking at a picture like this one.

Can someone please post the other 3335 images of flags being handed to kin so we can see the real power of war.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Can someone please post the other 3335 images of flags being handed to kin so we can see the real power of war.[/quote]

I second that, on the condition we also post pictures from the funerals of the 655,000 Iraqi civilians whose bodies have been recovered and buried by their families.

With proper direction, he will grow up to be a strong man…

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Can someone please post the other 3335 images of flags being handed to kin so we can see the real power of war.

I second that, on the condition we also post pictures from the funerals of the 655,000 Iraqi civilians whose bodies have been recovered and buried by their families.[/quote]

Agreed.

I do feel sorry for the poor kid though. :frowning:

Someone send this pic to the White House, although they will deny ever getting it.

Very moving image, good luck for the kid and family.
God bless them.

This is why if we pull out now then all these brave men would have died for nothing. Then again, the argument is that more will die if we stay. Very controversial indeed but the one thing that must happen is that the enemy must lose. I just hope this kid’s father did not die because it had something to do with the rules of engagement.

Prayers out to the Golczynski Family. Blue skies, SSgt, thank you for your service. -Aaron

You don’t really get it do you? He is dead and he died for nothing. This enemy cannot lose. This enemy is an ideology, not an army, not a nation, not even a person. We kill them and they thank us. They blow themselves up and are thankful for the opportunity.

We don’t have the stones to “win” against this level of commitment. Our soldiers are defenseless against their attacks, and a meaningful offense would require ten times the troops we have in country and the ability to shoot anything that moves.

The bravery of our soldiers is incredible in light of the fact they are effectively naked and hamstrung. That little boy should speak his dad’s name with reverence.

[quote]Traps59 wrote:
This is why if we pull out now then all these brave men would have died for nothing. Then again, the argument is that more will die if we stay. Very controversial indeed but the one thing that must happen is that the enemy must lose. I just hope this kid’s father did not die because it had something to do with the rules of engagement.[/quote]

Its war, and i feel that people who die in war do die for nothing, especially this one, it appears.

It is a very very sad picture. All that he knows is that his dad is never coming back, and for a child that age, leaves the biggest hole in your life. So big that you cannot comprehend it.

What must the parents feel like?

Semper Fi, Staff Sgt.

[quote]barbos01 wrote:
You don’t really get it do you? He is dead and he died for nothing. This enemy cannot lose. This enemy is an ideology, not an army, not a nation, not even a person. We kill them and they thank us. They blow themselves up and are thankful for the opportunity.

We don’t have the stones to “win” against this level of commitment. Our soldiers are defenseless against their attacks, and a meaningful offense would require ten times the troops we have in country and the ability to shoot anything that moves.

The bravery of our soldiers is incredible in light of the fact they are effectively naked and hamstrung. That little boy should speak his dad’s name with reverence. [/quote]

I understand that this is an ideology and that this is one of the reasons why this war has last as long as it has but this seems to be the one time where we don’t know who the enemies are.

I’m just saying the enemy must lose out of frustration and to be supportive of the troops. Some of them might even feel that this war can’t be won but yet they stay there anyways in hopes that the goodness of mankind will prevail in which I believe it will.

Here is another picture that completely broke my heart.

I posted this as a Powerful Image, that’s all…

Not as a comparison of American vs. Iraqi lives…

Like all Wars throughout History, there are plenty of Broken Hearts and grieving families to go around…

Mufasa

[quote]YourXLNS wrote:
Here is another picture that completely broke my heart. [/quote]

Could you provide some background on this picture?