A Velocity Experiment

I will start the Velocity Diet tomorrow.

I will post day by day in this log to track my progress and make it public.Helps with motivation.

Before,85 kg:

You might want to try lifting some weights too. And getting a better camera. Are you in a darkroom?

Seriously though good luck. It doesn’t really look like you need the V-Diet, but that doesn’t mean it won’t help you. Are you going to follow it strictly or loosely?

[quote]Wolverin wrote:
I will start the Velocity Diet tomorrow.

I will post day by day in this log to track my progress and make it public.Helps with motivation.

Before,85 kg:[/quote]

You’re the rare guy who might actually gain a little muscle while on the diet. Judging by your physique, you’re deprived of protein and almost certainly are not eating 5-6 meals per day. With the Carbolin 19 in the HOT-ROX Extreme, you might end up a little “richer” at the end of the diet.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
You might want to try lifting some weights too. And getting a better camera. Are you in a darkroom?

Seriously though good luck. It doesn’t really look like you need the V-Diet, but that doesn’t mean it won’t help you. Are you going to follow it strictly or loosely?[/quote]

I am in a dark room.

The changes I’ll make is that I’ll have broccoli/spinach with the shakes,and instead of PB I’ll use heavy whipping cream and olive oil.

The macros break down to:
1300 kcal on non.lifting days
1600 kcal on lifting days

200 g protein powder spread out over 5 shakes
748 kcal
10 tbsp milled flax seeds
350 kcal
2 tbsp fish oil
200 kcal

On lifting days I’ll mix in 20 g olive oil and 10 g whipped cream.

you dont look fat cutting might be a waste but then again its just a opinion

good luck that diet is supposed to be hell

n3wb

[quote]Wolverin wrote:
I am in a dark room.

The changes I’ll make is that I’ll have broccoli/spinach with the shakes,and instead of PB I’ll use heavy whipping cream and olive oil.

The macros break down to:
1300 kcal on non.lifting days
1600 kcal on lifting days

200 g protein powder spread out over 5 shakes
748 kcal
10 tbsp milled flax seeds
350 kcal
2 tbsp fish oil
200 kcal

On lifting days I’ll mix in 20 g olive oil and 10 g whipped cream.[/quote]

Or you could do the V-Diet instead…

[quote]Wolverin wrote:
The changes I’ll make is that I’ll have broccoli/spinach with the shakes,and instead of PB I’ll use heavy whipping cream and olive oil.[/quote]

LOL. This is good bait. If that’s what you’re going for, bravo! (If you’re serious, you’re not worth anyone’s time.)

The first day went smooth.

200 g protein powder,1 tbsp fish oil,1 tbsp olive oil,2 tbsp cream,10 teaspoons flax.

Had a few brussel sprouts and some spinach with two of the shakes.Did a one-hour walk.

Is this a joke?

Like the title states,it’s a Velocity Experiment.

It seems like you guys are having questions on how I’m doing this.Fire away!

I have seen a lot of people adding PB, is this “officially” recommonded or just something people have taken up to compensate for weakness of character? (that is actually not meant to be a burn to the OP, I just can’t think of a better way to explain it)

[quote]Wolverin wrote:

It seems like you guys are having questions on how I’m doing this.Fire away![/quote]

How about starting with your reasons behind these changes:

[quote]Abe Froman wrote:
Wolverin wrote:

It seems like you guys are having questions on how I’m doing this.Fire away!

How about starting with your reasons behind these changes:

[/quote]

Broccoli and spinach:
I like vegetables.100 g spinach has got 23 kcal,and some fiber.Broccoli has 34 kcal per 100 g,and fiber.There are only positives in adding cruciferous vegetables to the VD.One of them is better quality shit.Another is a better acid/base ratio.

Whipping cream and olive oil:
One tbsp wipping cream in each shake.3 g fat.Ups the taste,adds a little sat fat to the diet.

10 g olive oil on non-training days,30 g on training days:Coming from the Anabolic Diet,I will keep the carbs low.I’ve substituted them with energy in the form of fat,and the benefits of olive oil should be well known.

I stay withing the low calorie,high protein framework of the diet,while tweaking it to fit me.

[quote]Taran wrote:
I have seen a lot of people adding PB, is this “officially” recommonded or just something people have taken up to compensate for weakness of character? (that is actually not meant to be a burn to the OP, I just can’t think of a better way to explain it)[/quote]

Natural PB is in the latest V-Diet updates. Shugart mentions to use it to help get calories up and get some good fats. Its not a substitution for the shakes.

[quote]Taran wrote:
I have seen a lot of people adding PB, is this “officially” recommonded or just something people have taken up to compensate for weakness of character? (that is actually not meant to be a burn to the OP, I just can’t think of a better way to explain it)[/quote]

Natural PB (no added sugar or oil type only, i.e. only ingredients are peanuts and salt) is now an officially acceptable add per Shugs. But not this other stuff.

[quote]Wolverin wrote:
The first day went smooth.

200 g protein powder,1 tbsp fish oil,1 tbsp olive oil,2 tbsp cream,10 teaspoons flax.

Had a few brussel sprouts and some spinach with two of the shakes.Did a one-hour walk.[/quote]

Whats with the cream you fool?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Taran wrote:
I have seen a lot of people adding PB, is this “officially” recommonded or just something people have taken up to compensate for weakness of character? (that is actually not meant to be a burn to the OP, I just can’t think of a better way to explain it)

Natural PB (no added sugar or oil type only, i.e. only ingredients are peanuts and salt) is now an officially acceptable add per Shugs. But not this other stuff.[/quote]

In my opinion,anything that won’t make the diet less effective is acceptable.Vegetables.There is no way adding nutrient dense,low-calorie vegetables will impact this diet negatively.

One of the selling points of the diet is better eating habits,more control.If a person is to have healthy vegetables as his only solid food choices next to the shakes,he might have an easier time getting to like and use them.And be better off during the diet,and in the long run.

That’s speculation though.I know I’d feel strange in many ways not eating veggies.

Broccoli and spinach:
I like vegetables.100 g spinach has got 23 kcal,and some fiber.Broccoli has 34 kcal per 100 g,and fiber.There are only positives in adding cruciferous vegetables to the VD.One of them is better quality shit.Another is a better acid/base ratio.

One tbsp wipping cream in each shake.3 g fat.Ups the taste,adds a little sat fat to the diet.

10 g olive oil on non-training days,30 g on training days:Coming from the Anabolic Diet,I will keep the carbs low.I’ve substituted them with energy in the form of fat,and the benefits of olive oil should be well known.

I stay withing the low calorie,high protein framework of the diet,while tweaking it to fit me.

[/quote]I think part the V-diet is written the way it is has to do with long term effects. Trying to reprogram your mind with what rewarding in eating a whole foods meal. Perhaps manipulating the formula may interfere with the long term results of the diet. Possibly the the weight loss during the diet as well. It sure seems like a waste of money if you were looking to the diet for certain results, and you buy all the supps and end up failing. Something tells me whipping cream and olive oil would possibly hamper the weightloss. But what do I know? Ultimatley you may want to contact Chris Shugart for his opinion. I wish you the best of luck with your goals.

Steve

Dude youre too far gone for velocity.

Get some liposuction fast!!

[quote]steve.rt wrote:

Broccoli and spinach:

I think part the V-diet is written the way it is has to do with long term effects. Trying to reprogram your mind with what rewarding in eating a whole foods meal. Perhaps manipulating the formula may interfere with the long term results of the diet. Possibly the the weight loss during the diet as well. It sure seems like a waste of money if you were looking to the diet for certain results, and you buy all the supps and end up failing. Something tells me whipping cream and olive oil would possibly hamper the weightloss. But what do I know? Ultimatley you may want to contact Chris Shugart for his opinion. I wish you the best of luck with your goals.

Steve[/quote]

Alot of people hear ‘Olive oil and whipping cream’ and think it’s a sure-fire way to fail on any fat-loss plan,especially this one.

Ammounts.From the cream I’m getting 10 g of fat a day.From the olive oil I get 27 on lifting days and 9 on non-lifting days.Lonnie Lowery thinks 100 g fat is required to keep T-Levels normal in men.Add in the fish-oil,and I get from 47-57 g of fat a day.Can’t see how that would impair fat loss,but thanks for the feedback!

For someone looking to get the habit-breaking and gaining benefits of the diet,it might be a good idea to only use shakes.

My goal is strictly fatloss.

We’ll see.This will be interesting!