A True Texas Hero!

“I’m getting my gun and going to stop them,” the neighbor told the dispatcher during the 2 p.m. call, according to Vance Mitchell, a spokesman for Pasadena police. "The dispatcher said, ‘No, stay inside the house; officers are on the way.’

“Then you hear him rack the shotgun. The next sound the dispatcher heard was a boom. Then there was silence for a couple of seconds and then another boom.”

After the shotgun blasts, the telephone line went dead. But the neighbor called police again and told a dispatcher what he had done."

This man did what we dream of doing! God bless him and God bless Texas!!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

This man did what we dream of doing! [/quote]

You dream of gunning down Puerto Ricans?

Is this a recurring dream?

Fascinating.

:wink:

What happened to the days when the police would just say: “Thanks for taking out the bad guys sir.” and take the body…

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

This man did what we dream of doing!

Fascinating.

;)[/quote]

In Texas they are Mexican and in Florida they are Cuban. You need to get your terminology straight.

Yeah…this guy is a real hero. Gunning down people that couldn’t even be identified as criminals prior to their deaths. If it had been police who carried this murder out something would have been said. This guy didn’t even know if they were armed – plus his life wasn’t in danger.

I am sure Texas has a medal for killing minorities (and retards) in cold blood and this guy will be awarded it. Just…wow!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

This man did what we dream of doing!

Fascinating.

:wink:

In Texas they are Mexican and in Florida they are Cuban. You need to get your terminology straight.[/quote]

Colombians, at least one was. Looking for money for drugs, would be my guess.

Think of the sheer joy you’d feel if you confront a perp climbing up the stairs toward you and your family and you’ve got your 12 gauge square in his face. His look of complete surprise and shock, pulling the trigger and blowing his head clean off. That would be complete perfection.

Of course, the bad part is cleaning up the mess. Have to pay a clean up crew to clean the walls…ah, well.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Yeah…this guy is a real hero. Gunning down people that couldn’t even be identified as criminals prior to their deaths. If it had been police who carried this murder out something would have been said. This guy didn’t even know if they were armed – plus his life wasn’t in danger.

I am sure Texas has a medal for killing minorities (and retards) in cold blood and this guy will be awarded it. Just…wow![/quote]

Smashing windows and running out of buildings with sacks of stuff is usually associated with criminality.

I’ll bet this neighborhood gets crossed off the list of ‘easy marks’ by the area scumbags.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Smashing windows and running out of buildings with sacks of stuff is usually associated with criminality.
[/quote]
But is it cause for the death penalty if one’s life hasn’t been threatened?

I am sure Texas has a medal for killing minorities (and retards) in cold blood and this guy will be awarded it. Just…wow![/quote]

He heard them break in - and saw them coming out with a sack full of stuff. Upon inspection of the sack - it contained a large amount of cash.

You need it to be spelled out for you? Good God.

The thieves got exactly what they deserved - and from a 70-something year-old man.

Using deadly force in Texas does not have to be based on fear of one’s life. The one good thing Rick Perry has done in his 8 years as governor is to allow property owners the right to use deadly force in defense of their property - or a neighbor’s property if given the right to look after it.

I suggest you stay the fuck out of my state if you think you have a right to enter another man’s property and rob him.

Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Absolutely. How many houses will those shit heads rob in the future? Case closed.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Absolutely. How many houses will those shit heads rob in the future? Case closed. [/quote]

Needless to say, I disagree with you.

You think they will continue breaking into old peoples’ homes?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Absolutely. How many houses will those shit heads rob in the future? Case closed. [/quote]

The case is definitely closed for them.

Though, I still think it may be a tad harsh to shoot someone dead in that circumstance - isn’t that what a prison is for?

I’d have to agree with Rainjack on this one.

They had been caught robbing the house. There is no telling what they had planned next. Maybe just another robbery, possibly a potential murder if people were home in the next house, maybe rape…

The problem with illegal immigrants is that since they are not legally documented or recognized, unless they are physically caught they will never be identified in the event of a crime.

Most immigrants are here to make an honest living in order to improve their families lives and should be commended for their bravery, desire to provide and grit to go through the shit they do.(although I’m technically in support of closing our border)

However, there are criminals in every populace, and the criminals in this population have a get out of jail free card in the form of no identity or a stolen one.

Rapes, murders, robberies etc are pretty common crimes in border areas as immigrants come in from mexico, squat on property, try to get an edge by robbing and consequently killing home owners in the way etc. They also satisfy their urges by raping women as they know they will never be caught. It happens often but for some reason isn’t sensational enough to be a syndicated news issue.

These two guys did commit a crime, the neighbor saw it and I’d say he did act appropriately.

He told them to stop, warned them and shot them when they did not. Kudos for him.

We don’t have medals for killing minorities in Texas, but we do respect people who desire to protect themselves and their neighborhoods in the face of crime.

If you are ever unfortunate enough to be robbed, I guess you can sit in the corner and meekly watch as your house and wife are ransacked and then wonder if you did the right thing later.

If it happens to me I’ll be unapologetically unloading round after round of buckshot.

And I’d look after my neighbors too. Even Poodle nuts.

[quote]rsg wrote:
rainjack wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Absolutely. How many houses will those shit heads rob in the future? Case closed.

Though, I still think it may be a tad harsh to shoot someone dead in that circumstance - isn’t that what a prison is for?[/quote]

"Texas law allows people to use deadly force to protect their own property to stop an arson, burglary, robbery, theft or criminal mischief at night, or to prevent someone committing such a crime at night from escaping with the property.

But the person using deadly force must believe there is no other way to protect their belongings and must suspect that taking less drastic measures could expose themselves or others to serious danger."

Maybe he felt he couldn’t run as fast to tackle them. The law allowed the mans actions.

[quote]texasguy2 wrote:
rsg wrote:
rainjack wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Though, I still think it may be a tad harsh to shoot someone dead in that circumstance - isn’t that what a prison is for?

"Texas law allows people to use deadly force to protect their own property to stop an arson, burglary, robbery, theft or criminal mischief at night, or to prevent someone committing such a crime at night from escaping with the property.

But the person using deadly force must believe there is no other way to protect their belongings and must suspect that taking less drastic measures could expose themselves or others to serious danger."

Maybe he felt he couldn’t run as fast to tackle them. The law allowed the mans actions. [/quote]

He could’ve shot them in the legs?

Either way, I see your point to a degree - a good friend of mine was held up at his house in SA 2 weeks ago by 3 guys with guns. They cleaned him out, along with his friend and 2 girlfriends - they molested the girls and luckily didn’t kill or rape anyone though it was talked about.

In such a situation I wouldn’t think twice about killing someone.

The only thing I have to add is that I hope he gave them some sort of warning before he shot. Assuming he did and they still tried to run off with the cash, I completely agree with his choice.

[quote]rsg wrote:
texasguy2 wrote:
rsg wrote:
rainjack wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Maybe he felt he couldn’t run as fast to tackle them. The law allowed the mans actions.

He could’ve shot them in the legs?

Either way, I see your point to a degree - a good friend of mine was held up at his house in SA 2 weeks ago by 3 guys with guns. They cleaned him out, along with his friend and 2 girlfriends - they molested the girls and luckily didn’t kill or rape anyone though it was talked about.

In such a situation I wouldn’t think twice about killing someone.[/quote]
When legs are moving they can make a difficult target, even with a shot gun. A large mass such as a torso is easier to hit and legal. So he took the sure shot and hit them in the torso. Also, in criminal court if you shoot a guy in the legs you will be found innocent in the case of self protection. In civil court though, you are liable for damages. Strange but true and people have lost lawsuits to criminals they have shot who survived. So if you shoot one and he’s still squirming, put one in his head. Legal and he’s dead so he can’t sue.

The law provides for it. These guys put themselves in the situation and karma caught them. I doubt that house was their first and wouldn’t be surprised if they had committed worse crimes in the past.

Your friends are lucky. I highly doubt their story will make it to the news, not even local news. Those sorts of crimes are more common than you’d believe. Molestation could have easily been rape and sounds like it almost was. In my opinion, they should have been killed for copping a feel much less breaking in uninvited. I doubt that was the first crime committed by these people either and I bet they won’t be caught. Who knows who else they have victimized or will victimize, break ins are not a one time event.

Should anyone break in to my house, especially with my gf home, I’m not waiting to see if they will eventually pull out a gun, rape her, shoot me etc.

There will be no benefit of the doubt given and he/they will be taking two to the chest with out a word exchanged.

rainjack wrote:

Needless to say, I disagree with you.[/quote]

When these dick wads decided that stealling other people’s shit was a good idea, they assumed the risk of injury and death. Fuck 'em, they got what they asked for. It is simmilar to your indifference to when a soldier gets killed becuase in the end he signed up for it. Besides, people willing to do this are usually willing to kill themselves.
They chose as their proffesion to hurt other people, fuck what happened to them.

I’d give let that old man be my neighbor any day of the week.

[quote]rsg wrote:
In such a situation I wouldn’t think twice about killing someone.[/quote]

Rest assured, neither would any of us in that particular situation. When you are held hostage and your hosts/guests are being molested (and the aggressor is considering rape), it’s called self-defense.

What Texasguy said (I may be wrong though) is that it’s OK to shoot preemptively. The argument is that, since they stole money, they could kill people next. A pretty common logical fallacy that seem to work just fine in US politics.

Don’t smoke that reefer or you will end up like those mad junkies

Anyway, the solution is not shooting people on sight, but rather taking the necessary steps to curb crime in Texas. Securing the borders and working on social disparities seem like a good place to start.