• On Shoulder day?
  • Both?

pole?

i hit traps on back day

Shoulder

Poll… thx Mr. Walkway
Shrugs on Back-Day
Behind neck press on shoulder day

I go both ways on this one…but it’s a 70/30 split in favor of back.

Currently Back day, but I have on Shoulder day in the past

Shoulders so I can do more pulling on back day.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
Currently Back day, but I have on Shoulder day in the past[/quote]
Same

neither! :stuck_out_tongue:

Back, but I also hit rear delts/reverse flyes/other rear delt movements on delt day which can stimulate traps, too.

Sometimes… I even do shoulders + back on the same day. WAAAAT

D) never. they get enough stimulation from all other exercises. Anytime you pick up any weight it hits traps

[quote]ElevenMag wrote:
D) never. they get enough stimulation from all other exercises. Anytime you pick up any weight it hits traps[/quote]

I thought this for a while but my delta started out growing my traps giving my shoulders a wide flat look. This was not appealing and was fixed with the addition of traps over 3-6 months.

traps has to be tnation’s favorite muscle. i see a new thread on it every other day lol

With back as per Meadow’s advice.

Both… but only because of the conflicting rotation of my training schedule.

does anyone do overhead shrugs? I did 20 reps with 95 lbs today and cramped up lol.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Both… but only because of the conflicting rotation of my training schedule.[/quote]

Care to elaborate? Just out of curiosity - I find often times delt day will either come right before or right after back day, so I’m curious if you’re in a similar situation.

with back AND with shoulders. Of course I never target them directly with shrugs on BOTH days, but hang cleans (with back or delts day), close-grip upright rows (with delts), snatch grip rows (with back) - just to fit more to a general routine.

If I train in 3 day a week mode I train both back and delts in one day and that’s little to much to worry about traps by itself. I prefer doing weighted carries on legs day then, or doin shurgs and/or face pulls between every squat or abs set.

I try to hit shoulders and traps directly in every session (4x/week).

Chest Day