A Suit or a Tux for Prom?

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
You’re a senior … you plan on growing still? What I mean by that is you plan on getting wider (back) and thicker (back/chest/arms/waist)? Rent the fuckin’ tux. You’ll just throw $200 bucks away on a suit that’ll be too small for you in a year or 2.[/quote]

Suits can’t be altered? [/quote]

so can your face … don’t second guess me again or it’s garlic pizza for you[/quote]

You can’t kill me, I still have what you want.

muhuhahaha!![/quote]

well, if that’s the only thing keeping you alive at the moment chances are you’ll never give me the full recipe which means I might as well kill you anways … I think I might puree the garlic and slip it into one of your protein shakes…[/quote]

oh, right! Garlic in a protein shake…I won’t smell that at all.

Buy it. Even if you grow out of it you’ll still get more than the single day of the tux.

And if you know how to dress properly you won’t stand out as under dressed I don’t know about the states, but at any prom I’ve ever seen suits don’t stand out at all.

I also went to two proms which is why I bought everything. Had you done the same with your parents money you wouldn’t even have needed to start this thread. Don’t make the same mistake twice.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
You’re a senior … you plan on growing still? What I mean by that is you plan on getting wider (back) and thicker (back/chest/arms/waist)? Rent the fuckin’ tux. You’ll just throw $200 bucks away on a suit that’ll be too small for you in a year or 2.[/quote]

Suits can’t be altered? [/quote]

so can your face … don’t second guess me again or it’s garlic pizza for you[/quote]

You can’t kill me, I still have what you want.

muhuhahaha!![/quote]

well, if that’s the only thing keeping you alive at the moment chances are you’ll never give me the full recipe which means I might as well kill you anways … I think I might puree the garlic and slip it into one of your protein shakes…[/quote]

oh, right! Garlic in a protein shake…I won’t smell that at all.

[/quote]

you guys are fucking ridiculous.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
Go to Kohls. Buy tuxedo (yes, they do sell them in the suit section- or at least what they consider a tux). Wear it one night. Return it.

I have had numerous friends do this- works well.[/quote]

I am quoting myself for relevancy as well as logic.

rock the KILT, bro! (leave the Sgian Dubh at home, though) And take pics for October Girl, she’s into that and could use some cheering up these days.

Pros: it’s cool, easy access to your junk, the kilt won’t ever be “too small”, you’ll have a gaggle of chicks trying to sneak a peak up your “dress” to see if you are wearing underwear (don’t!), did I mention the coolness factor?

Cons: if you fail to pull it off, you will be a douchebag, it gets drafty, your date may feel uncomfortable with all the attention you are getting and if you mis-calibrate you may end up going home with someone else (this happened to me on my junior prom, but I still got laid), if you get aroused, you will be pitching a very obvious tent.

Go for it. You only live once. Have fun. Get laid. Leverage the attention to line up the next five or six conquests. You will be going to college with the proper frame of mind after this.

Use condoms.

Go to Kohls. Buy tuxedo (yes, they do sell them in the suit section- or at least what they consider a tux). Wear it one night. Return it.

I have had numerous friends do this- works well.[/quote]

I am quoting myself for relevancy as well as logic.[/quote]

I am quoting myself again so that you know you should not follow my advice and instead follow AngryChicken. He gets more action than me…

This is also my senior year. Although I’m the valedictorian, I’ll be skipping both prom and the graduation ceremony. The school’s not too happy about that, but they aren’t going to let me go for free. Plus I have no formal clothing at all. I have $500+ in class dues that I have not paid and there’s no way in hell I could afford to go. High school is overrated anyway. I’m going to use that money for food or my college tuition next year and I’d rather use the time for lifting.

[quote]cct wrote:
This is also my senior year. Although I’m the valedictorian, I’ll be skipping both prom and the graduation ceremony. The school’s not too happy about that, but they aren’t going to let me go for free. Plus I have no formal clothing at all.

I have $500+ in class dues that I have not paid and there’s no way in hell I could afford to go. High school is overrated anyway. I’m going to use that money for food or my college tuition next year and I’d rather use the time for lifting.[/quote]

I think you are making a mistake not to go to these things. Yea, HS might be overrated, but prom always provides some great memories, whether through the conquest you may/may not acheive, the hijinks you play, etc. And graduation is the completion of an era in your life. I would definitely go- that’s just my .02.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

Use condoms.[/quote]

You had me until this part. Only sailors wear condoms.

DB

[quote]cct wrote:
This is also my senior year. Although I’m the valedictorian, I’ll be skipping both prom and the graduation ceremony. The school’s not too happy about that, but they aren’t going to let me go for free. Plus I have no formal clothing at all.

I have $500+ in class dues that I have not paid and there’s no way in hell I could afford to go. High school is overrated anyway. I’m going to use that money for food or my college tuition next year and I’d rather use the time for lifting.[/quote]

I think you are making a mistake not to go to these things. Yea, HS might be overrated, but prom always provides some great memories, whether through the conquest you may/may not acheive, the hijinks you play, etc. And graduation is the completion of an era in your life. I would definitely go- that’s just my .02.[/quote]

x2

suit

Get a fucking suit if you know what’s good for you.90% of teenagers look retarded in a tux,so even if you think you did last year,you probably didn’t.Give a fake number and address in the shop if you’re renting and not buying(everyone should have at least 1 suit,regardless of age),and keep the fucking thing.It’s something you will be GUARANTEED to wear again in the not so distant future.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

Use condoms.[/quote]

DB[/quote]

Did you change your avatar specifically for this comment?

Use condoms.[/quote]

DB[/quote]

Did you change your avatar specifically for this comment?[/quote]

Yes. But I like it and think I will keep it a while.

DB

[quote]wigsa wrote:
Get a fucking suit if you know what’s good for you.90% of teenagers look retarded in a tux,so even if you think you did last year,you probably didn’t.Give a fake number and address in the shop if you’re renting and not buying(everyone should have at least 1 suit,regardless of age),and keep the fucking thing.It’s something you will be GUARANTEED to wear again in the not so distant future.[/quote]

I haven’t done this for a while, but don’t they require a credit card for deposit?

DB

Shut your fucking mouth and rent a fucking tux motherfucker!!! Dammit!

Unless you buy a suit that’s way too big and have it let out as you grow in size you’ll be wasting money going the “just buy a suit” route.

Rent a tux, trash the thing, lose your tie and half of the button studs, return it with that hotties number in still in the jacket pocket, have lipstick and her body glitter all over the collar and the whole thing smelling like a distillery like the rest of us did!

Leave them no other option for them but to burn it!

RAAAAWWWRRRRGARRRRRBLLL!!! SENIORS RULE!!! 2011 sux cox!!!

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

RAAAAWWWRRRRGARRRRRBLLL!!![/quote]

um sir i believe it is pronounced wharrgarbl

I haven’t done this for a while, but don’t they require a credit card for deposit?

DB[/quote]

Not here they don’t anyway.I never gave back my debs tux,which I rented in October.Haven’t heard anything from them since,and I gave my right number as I actually intended to give it back.This was clearly an exception on their part though for whatever reason.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

RAAAAWWWRRRRGARRRRRBLLL!!![/quote]

um sir i believe it is pronounced wharrgarbl[/quote]

Nossir, it’s not.

It’s whatever comes the fuck off my fingers when I bang one fist on the keyboard and the other one on my chest. Dig?