T Nation

A Steroid User's Workout?

I was searching the site for a recommended workout for a steroid user, but I can’t find one. I was just curious as to how much of a change it was from a usual workout to one that involves steroids. I know usual is a broad term, but if you want to post TWO workouts, one usual and one that is intended for steroid users that would be great.

There isn’t any set (or even heavily favored) workout while on AAS. But I think anyone will agree that you should train considerably harder than how you normally would. I personally hit every muscle group three times a week, with two of those focusing on strength, and the last focusing on size. It’s always worked well for me.

But first and foremost, you are far far too young to be on AAS, and from your incessant curiosity, I’m sure you’re asking this because you’re getting ready to do a cycle (I don’t care how much you say you’re not).

[quote]Contrl wrote:
There isn’t any set (or even heavily favored) workout while on AAS. But I think anyone will agree that you should train considerably harder than how you normally would. I personally hit every muscle group three times a week, with two of those focusing on strength, and the last focusing on size. It’s always worked well for me.

But first and foremost, you are far far too young to be on AAS, and from your incessant curiosity, I’m sure you’re asking this because you’re getting ready to do a cycle (I don’t care how much you say you’re not).[/quote]

Wow, that’s a pretty intense schedule. I only do one muscle group once a week, same as before. The difference is that I leave no stone unturned in my workouts now that I am on AAS. I make sure I leave the gym not even able to flex said muscle group. My intensity is just way up, and I hit the muscles with multiple compound exercises. I guess I’ll try out your strategy for my next cycle, since my schedule should be less hectic by then. I could see how multiple sessions for each group works w/ me.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

But first and foremost, you are far far too young to be on AAS, and from your incessant curiosity, I’m sure you’re asking this because you’re getting ready to do a cycle (I don’t care how much you say you’re not).[/quote]

Haha, actually even if I WANTED to do a cycle, I wouldn’t have enough money. Still searching for another job, and I’m still making slow, but sure gains. I am expecting those gains to crap out after about two years, so I was curious. I did construct a new workout that someone just mentioned that I should be on AAS to get results from it, so I just dumped the workout routine and went back to the SOB Program by Chad Waterbury. I’ll link ya to my old workout.

My old workout routine:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1804116

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
Contrl wrote:

But first and foremost, you are far far too young to be on AAS, and from your incessant curiosity, I’m sure you’re asking this because you’re getting ready to do a cycle (I don’t care how much you say you’re not).

Haha, actually even if I WANTED to do a cycle, I wouldn’t have enough money. Still searching for another job, and I’m still making slow, but sure gains. I am expecting those gains to crap out after about two years, so I was curious. I did construct a new workout that someone just mentioned that I should be on AAS to get results from it, so I just dumped the workout routine and went back to the SOB Program by Chad Waterbury. I’ll link ya to my old workout.[/quote]

YOU WOUDN’T GAIN ON THAT PROGRAM EVEN WITH BOATLOADS OF GEAR AND ALL THE FOOD IN THE WORLD.

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
My old workout routine:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1804116
[/quote]

Monday — whole body, 15 rep max

Weds — whole body, 10 rep max

Fri — whole body, 5 rep max

Eat one chicken or 3 lbs of hamburger per day (or follow the Chanko diet on this site). Learn to love a slow-cooker, where you dump all the stuff in the night before and eat it all the next day. Chanko works with anything, like tuna, salmon, burger (though I cook the burger first in a broiler, due to Mad Cow). Eat like a pregnant elephant.

YOU WOUDN’T GAIN ON THAT PROGRAM EVEN WITH BOATLOADS OF GEAR AND ALL THE FOOD IN THE WORLD.

saw you’re an idiot

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
I am expecting those gains to crap out after about two years, so I was curious.[/quote]

I’m not sure what your long term goals are but if by any chance it’s to be exceptionally large then you don’t stand a chance with this attitude. TWO YEARS?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
(though I cook the burger first in a broiler, due to Mad Cow).
[/quote]

Bad news, heat won’t affect the prions that cause mad cow. So cooking food, to any heat, won’t protect you from mad cow.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Thewannabe wrote:
I am expecting those gains to crap out after about two years, so I was curious.

I’m not sure what your long term goals are but if by any chance it’s to be exceptionally large then you don’t stand a chance with this attitude. TWO YEARS? [/quote]

I was meaning my slow and steady gains, they are really slowing down, almost to a halt. I don’t want to sound like an ass about it, but all our gains slow down after a while. I really don’t know why that program won’t work, I’ve seen other people just as “ridiculous” programs, except with EXCEPTIONAL results. Maybe they were on AAS, I don’t know. Regardless I bring up the two years statement because thats when my body might be ready for AAS, regardless, I don’t even know enough about them to start a cycle, nor have enough to buy my first cycle. It is in the back of my mind though.

The way I look at it is if I can reach a certain potential in 15 years of training, but I can do it faster and cut off about 6-8 years of training, but in a relatively safe manner, then why not go for the faster method? At the moment, it is a time\money\knowledge issue.

Also, any more comments about the old workout for AAS users? Just wondering if it is comparable or way off target of what users would be doing.

[quote]JoeyD20 wrote:
The difference is that I leave no stone unturned in my workouts now that I am on AAS. I make sure I leave the gym not even able to flex said muscle group. My intensity is just way up, and I hit the muscles with multiple compound exercises.[/quote]

Nice!

I use that mind-set with only one of the tri-weekly sessions (the last strength-focused workout), so it’s not necessarily an insane practice in self-torture.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Bad news, heat won’t affect the prions that cause mad cow. So cooking food, to any heat, won’t protect you from mad cow.[/quote]

I bet it would if you stuffed a White Phosphorous grenade up said cow’s ass, you wouldn’t have to worry about mad cow.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Bad news, heat won’t affect the prions that cause mad cow. So cooking food, to any heat, won’t protect you from mad cow.

I bet it would if you stuffed a White Phosphorous grenade up said cow’s ass, you wouldn’t have to worry about mad cow.[/quote]

Touche.

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Thewannabe wrote:

I’m not sure what your long term goals are but if by any chance it’s to be exceptionally large then you don’t stand a chance with this attitude. TWO YEARS?

I was meaning my slow and steady gains, they are really slowing down, almost to a halt. I don’t want to sound like an ass about it, but all our gains slow down after a while. I really don’t know why that program won’t work, I’ve seen other people just as “ridiculous” programs, except with EXCEPTIONAL results. Maybe they were on AAS, I don’t know. Regardless I bring up the two years statement because thats when my body might be ready for AAS, regardless, I don’t even know enough about them to start a cycle, nor have enough to buy my first cycle. It is in the back of my mind though.

The way I look at it is if I can reach a certain potential in 15 years of training, but I can do it faster and cut off about 6-8 years of training, but in a relatively safe manner, then why not go for the faster method? At the moment, it is a time\money\knowledge issue.

Also, any more comments about the old workout for AAS users? Just wondering if it is comparable or way off target of what users would be doing.[/quote]

When you say slow and steady, do you mean the whole “gain no bodyfat and gain 2 lbs of muscle/6 months” thing?

If this is what youre talking about, you have a lot more learning and work to do before you even think about touching AAS.

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Thewannabe wrote:

I was meaning my slow and steady gains, they are really slowing down, almost to a halt. I don’t want to sound like an ass about it, but all our gains slow down after a while.

[/quote]

What I’d like to see if your training weights in terms of progress, ie I did 5x5 with 225 on squats a year ago, I’m using 335 5x5 now or whatever. What you are eating to gain and what your LONG TERM goals are.

If you don’t want to speak on this thread about it then make another one in bodybuilding/strength sports and link to it here. The way you are thinking about AAS isn’t stupid, but it’s my belief that there is much more important factors to be taken care of before that.

this a new one i just started this week seems good…if anything i changed up my routine and that should count for something? don’t mean to hijack this thread but i would like to hear what some of the vets have to say about it…