A Simple Question

hey guys
i don’t want to get rated, criticised, shot at or bombed. as a matter of act this pic is from february 2007 and i have a lot more progress to do.

anyway i just want to know if you can guess my bodyfat % by looking at this pic. i need this as a referrence and theres no one else as experienced as you guys to ask.i am not trying to be the next elitabala either.
thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I’d guess 17 or 18%, but it’s difficult to tell.

what the fuck is the point anymore.

[quote]WeaponXXX wrote:
i need this as a referrence [/quote]

No, you don’t. There is no reason someone in your condition and stage of training needs to know their specific body fat percentage. All it could possibly do for you is hold you back or have you moving in the opposite direction that you should be. Who gives a shit what your body fat percentage is?

[quote]Irish Muscle wrote:
i would say that your bodyfat percentage is roughly 18.342 percent. But thats my rough estimate[/quote]

you forgot to calculate his hydration levels and sodium manipulation and what not. it is obviously 18.344 %

We need better pictures, like this.

[quote]Irish Muscle wrote:
Professor X wrote:
WeaponXXX wrote:
i need this as a referrence

No, you don’t. There is no reason someone in your condition and stage of training needs to know their specific body fat percentage. All it could possibly do for you is hold you back or have you moving in the opposite direction that you should be. Who gives a shit what your body fat percentage is?

I care about his bodyfat percentage.

His bodyfat percentage is probably the only thing that gets me out of bed every morning.

im actually on a semi thinking about his body fat percentage. Don’t play hard to get, you know you love it to
[/quote]

LOL. Youve had some funny posts lately, bro… I appreciate this type of humor…

Your profile says it took you three years to get to this level? I think you dropped your Under Armour shirt.

No shoe for reference?

STOP! STOP!

IT BURNS!!

AHHHH

[quote]Professor X wrote:
WeaponXXX wrote:
i need this as a referrence

No, you don’t. There is no reason someone in your condition and stage of training needs to know their specific body fat percentage. All it could possibly do for you is hold you back or have you moving in the opposite direction that you should be. Who gives a shit what your body fat percentage is?[/quote]

He said he’s made progress, maybe he does know his body fat, but since he doesn’t know what it started at, he can’t brag about losing 5.342%.
OP, are you just trying to figure out what you started with so you can gauge your progress?

[quote]evansmi wrote:
<<< He said he’s made progress, maybe he does know his body fat, but since he doesn’t know what it started at, he can’t brag about losing 5.342%.
OP, are you just trying to figure out what you started with so you can gauge your progress?[/quote]

This is what’s been killin me ever since I started training again. I brought it up last year sometime too.

Here’s a quick bodybuilding glossary:

Progress> Muscular gains

Results> See progress

Bodyfat Percentage> Something you MIGHT actually think about after making substantial progress (see progress) and even then it tells you practically nothing any more useful than a mirror or pinch test.

The whole language of the muscle game is being rewritten right under our noses.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
evansmi wrote:
<<< He said he’s made progress, maybe he does know his body fat, but since he doesn’t know what it started at, he can’t brag about losing 5.342%.
OP, are you just trying to figure out what you started with so you can gauge your progress?

This is what’s been killin me ever since I started training again. I brought it up last year sometime too.

Here’s a quick bodybuilding glossary:

Progress> Muscular gains

Results> See progress

Bodyfat Percentage> Something you MIGHT actually think about after making substantial progress (see progress) and even then it tells you practically nothing any more useful than a mirror or pinch test.

The whole language of the muscle game is being rewritten right under our noses.[/quote]

Well said. Most of the people worrying about their “number” don’t need to be focusing on it at all. I know guys who compete who don’t worry about their specific body fat percentage so why is some guy who is a relative newbie with a limited home gym worried about it?

If his “number” turned out to be 17%, would he start dieting? If it was 13% would he start eating more? Why couldn’t his mirror tell him what to do?

I have seen people in condition most wish they could be in get read at 17% body fat and start getting depressed about it. They weren’t depressed before they knew the number, they weren’t out of shape and their abs were visible.

Thanks to knowing their body fat percentage, they can now screw up any further progress.

Stop changing your damn avatar. Then, maybe people will show you a bit of respect.

weaponxxxballa

eliteweaponxxx

eliteweaponxxxballa

douche.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
<<< I have seen people in condition most wish they could be in get read at 17% body fat and start getting depressed about it. They weren’t depressed before they knew the number, they weren’t out of shape and their abs were visible.

Thanks to knowing their body fat percentage, they can now screw up any further progress.[/quote]

This is the whole point about this in my mind. What do you now know after a comp test, assuming it’s even accurate, that you didn’t know 5 minutes earlier? A number?

You know, I can’t even remember when people started using the term “bodyfat percentage”. I vaguely remember it popping up in the early 70s amongst runners - “fun runners” who were “running in the zone”.

It was thrown around a lot in the bodybuilding world but usually not seriously but as some bulldust in a magazine like MF

Asking a bf% from a photo you may as well ask what your protein turnover is

nuts

Your bodyfat is more than Paris Hilton’s and less than Rosie O’Donell’s. Hope that helps.

Need a shoe in teh pic.

It’s time for someone to tell him he has gyno and scapular winging…