A Simple Plan You Might Enjoy

I modified an add-on program from Chad Waterbury.
The link at the bottom is a must read.
The reason i added 2 exercises is with computer time i feel i (and many) need these for good posture and shoulder health.

Pull-up/down for 5 reps
Push-up for 5 reps
Lunge for 5 reps with each leg
Press-up for 5 reps
Pull-back/reverse fly for 5 reps

Do that daily 6 or 7 times weekly, just add 1 rep(each)daily.
Just looking at TV we can squeeze them during commercials. I like the potential to do them in the garden/park this spring. Bodyweight and dumbbells cover most of it. It can be combined with whatever we are presently doing.
I started this morning, will you ?

[quote]BHappy wrote:
I modified an add-on program from Chad Waterbury.
The link at the bottom is a must read.[/quote]
Seems you forgot to include a link, but I’m guessing you’re referring to the PLP Challenge:

Waterbury’s original program/challenge had little to do with shoulder health (it was a side effect, but it was designed for physique changes). If the idea is something for computer-jockeys to do everyday for shoulder/upper back health, then we’re talking about a whole 'nother ballgame with different methods, exercises, and techniques.

[quote]Pull-up/down for 5 reps
Push-up for 5 reps
Lunge for 5 reps with each leg
Press-up for 5 reps
Pull-back/reverse fly for 5 reps[/quote]
Can you really use pulldowns instead of pull-ups? If so, what load should be used?

What if we can’t do 5 pull-ups in a row?

What’s the difference between a push-up and a press-up?

What load should be used for the reverse fly? (I’m guessing a “pull-back” is similar to the reverse fly? Never heard of that exercise.) Do we keep the load constant while increasing reps daily or do we increase the load at some point?

My point is, you can’t just tack two exercises onto an existing plan (especially one as unique as PLP) and say, “Here, do this. It’s good.” It’s a little more involved than that.

For example, one big part of the original challenge was that it had minimal impact on the rest of your training for the day. What you’ve got here, with almost double the total work (5 exercises compared to 3), opens the door for greater total fatigue that could then become a factor in one’s regular training.

Chris thanks a lot for picking up my bad post.
I am quite sure it included a different link. I do not know if i made a real mistake or if it was edited off. I allways check the result of my post to see if it turns out like “”"@@@ you understand what i mean.

You are correct about the impact that might grow to become too much. My link was about a 6 months challenge done Jan. 5th 2011 so he implied 180 reps of each = 540 reps.

I obviously never meant to reach 5 X 180 reps as just an add-on program.
My intent was to limit it to about 25 minutes whatever reps/sets that would amount to.
The link would have answer many questions.
Have a great year !

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[/quote]

LOL @ Ren & Stimpy horse clip!