A Request to Forum Moderators

What brought this on?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

<<<All the arguing guys have gone, now it’s just a lot of super republicans sitting around cirle jerking.>>> [/quote]

So why are you still here? Oh because you are a super rebulican sitting around circle jerking? I guess you like that. You and Mak would go well together.[/quote]

Because once in a while I like arguing about politics.

But this place was once much more even as far as political party representation, and it was a better forum for it.[/quote]

So, if you consider yourself to be of “the other half” of the PWI forum, why don’t you just man up and post more often then? For fucks sake man, you used to not be such a whiner. I always liked the PWI forum in part due to it’s “wild west” nature of bantering the issues, and would think that watering it down with a bunch more rules would not be beneficial.

And WTF is up with Schwarzfahrer whining about a thread he doesn’t like, and asking the mods to move it? I mean, seriously, if you don’t like the thread, you don’t have to post in it! You don’t even have to fucking read it!! The choice is up to you, Schwarzfahrer; you have the freedom to totally ignore the thread if you choose to do so. Let 'em drop bro, let em drop…

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]TC wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:
As to not gum up the works in the US Armed Forces worship thread, it was suggested to me to start a separate thread for my particular request.

Would the PWI forum moderators, at their earliest convenience, please post a “sticky” thread outlining forum does and donts?

Thanks[/quote]

Oh man. The PWI forum.

“Just when I thought was out, they pull me back in…”

I’m going to have to think about this for a while. Generally, the usual rules have applied, but given that the PWI forum is a “special” place, it may need its own set of rules.

Give me a few years to think about it.

Okay, maybe a few days.

TC

[/quote]

Hey TC, don’t fret yourself over this one.

Those of us here in PWI love the way the forum works. It allows us to express our views, others can express theirs, we can argue over them, mock the silly arguments, admire the great ones (on both sides).

Many of those who have been the most combative with each other now hold a certain amount of respect for each other. I’ve made great friends here with people I rarely agree with and I know that this is true for most if not all of us.

We usually get to the point where we agree to disagree and it has served us all very well to watch these discussions unfold. We’ve been able to educate each other, bring new perspectives into focus that we may not have understood before, and expand our horizons a little bit more with each vigorous debate. It is the market place of ideas and it’s a big market.

We’ve openly discussed so much here and greatly appreciate this place. If this were a gym, you’d find most of us here after hours cleaning up the place, taking out the trash, and caring for it like it was our home away from home. I know i speak for a lot of us when I say that it is this unique place that really adds something special to the T-Nation site. Thanks for having it here and for allowing us to roam freely thru the topics we like to discuss.

No need for new rules, no need for new equipment. You did it right the first time!

oh wait, I do have one suggestion - can we add a daily or weekly random give-away, like some Alpha Male or a t-shirt - just a crazy thought (always looking for a freebie - lol)[/quote]

Well said.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

<<<All the arguing guys have gone, now it’s just a lot of super republicans sitting around cirle jerking.>>> [/quote]

So why are you still here? Oh because you are a super rebulican sitting around circle jerking? I guess you like that. You and Mak would go well together.[/quote]

But this place was once much more even as far as political party representation, and it was a better forum for it.[/quote]

I am relatively new to PWI, but I have heard the same sentiments from some of the other people that have been around here. I guess it would be good if people just discussed and not putting people down all the time because of their beliefs. This goes both ways IMO.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

So, if you consider yourself to be of “the other half” of the PWI forum, why don’t you just man up and post more often then? For fucks sake man, you used to not be such a whiner. I always liked the PWI forum in part due to it’s “wild west” nature of bantering the issues, and would think that watering it down with a bunch more rules would not be beneficial.
[/quote]

I have neither the time nor the desire to be the lone democrat arguing with (literally) six to ten peope at a time. Once in a while when something strikes my interest I will, but I’m not going to do it all the time.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I am relatively new to PWI, but I have heard the same sentiments from some of the other people that have been around here. I guess it would be good if people just discussed and not putting people down all the time because of their beliefs. This goes both ways IMO.[/quote]

There was actually WAY more putting down of other people… it wasn’t that it was less hostile, it was just that the people on the site were more interested in politics. Alot of those guys, like Vroom and Rainjack and Harris and Pookie are gone, and others, like Professor X, don’t bother with this forum anymore.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I am relatively new to PWI, but I have heard the same sentiments from some of the other people that have been around here. I guess it would be good if people just discussed and not putting people down all the time because of their beliefs. This goes both ways IMO.[/quote]

I disagree.

If your feelings or beliefs are so fragile that they can’t take a good thumping, then they aren’t worth holding on to or arguing about.

One of the reasons I like FI and some of the others is that they can throw down about their ideology and not turn tail when it gets offensive.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I disagree.

If your feelings or beliefs are so fragile that they can’t take a good thumping, then they aren’t worth holding on to or arguing about.

One of the reasons I like FI and some of the others is that they can throw down about their ideology and not turn tail when it gets offensive.

[/quote]

It is one thing to disscuss and argue with actual points, it is another thing to call some one a __________________ and then never back it up with points. That is all I am saying. At least FI stays around and takes it when his points are crappy. He also stays around and jumps you when your points are crappy. You have to respect that.

You don’t understand what’s going on here.

People type what they think - and get censored.

To me, that happened in aforementioned thread of yours and at least twice before that.

One time it was about religion and yes, it wasn’t about critisizing the Mahabharata.

I just want clarity; apparently, some mods are very sensitive and don’t wish to let us debate american military culture or their idols (although it’s super-ok to praise them endlessly).

So just hand out that censorship list!

Yeah, well I disagree again.

When someone goes off with unsubstantiated statements, name calling, or other profanity, It’s like a win by default.

They make an ass of and discredit them self better than anybody else ever could.

Let them. There have been quite a few of those over the years that eventually just fade away, create new screen names, or otherwise self destruct.

There is also the fact that at the heart of most PWI threads are values and ethics based arguments. Some of these things are too visceral to be substantiated. Links and articles may agree with how one feels, or express the same sentiment in different words, but in the end, it’s a blood and guts feeling.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

To me, that happened in aforementioned thread of yours and at least twice before that.

One time it was about religion and yes, it wasn’t about critisizing the Mahabharata.

I just want clarity; apparently, some mods are very sensitive and don’t wish to let us debate american military culture or their idols (although it’s super-ok to praise them endlessly).

[/quote]

If this is true then I’m disappointed. I am a big boy and have ample confidence in my views. While I disagree with and disapprove of plenty that’s said here I do not want the arbitrary discretion of a moderator deciding that either I or anybody else shouldn’t see this or that. I’ll leave a thread or this site if I don’t want to participate. This is not a church. It’s a locker room online. I knew that when I came here. Aside from something like threats to public officials or some unlawful activity that could land the honchos in legal trouble I personally want nothing censored.

[quote]TC wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:
As to not gum up the works in the US Armed Forces worship thread, it was suggested to me to start a separate thread for my particular request.

Would the PWI forum moderators, at their earliest convenience, please post a “sticky” thread outlining forum does and donts?

Thanks[/quote]

Oh man. The PWI forum.

I’m going to have to think about this for a while. Generally, the usual rules have applied, but given that the PWI forum is a “special” place, it may need its own set of rules.

Okay, maybe a few days.

TC

[/quote]

TC, leave it as is…There’s nothing wrong with it.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Yeah, well I disagree again.

When someone goes off with unsubstantiated statements, name calling, or other profanity, It’s like a win by default.

They make an ass of and discredit them self better than anybody else ever could.

Let them. There have been quite a few of those over the years that eventually just fade away, create new screen names, or otherwise self destruct.

There is also the fact that at the heart of most PWI threads are values and ethics based arguments. Some of these things are too visceral to be substantiated. Links and articles may agree with how one feels, or express the same sentiment in different words, but in the end, it’s a blood and guts feeling.

[/quote]

Bottom line, if you can’t back up your shit, then STFU…

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

[/quote]

So what did you post that was censored?

ANd I like being vulgar and offensive. That’s why I miss Rainjack. He was the only one that could come up with swears quicker than I could. His drunk posts were exquisite.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]TC wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

Oh man. The PWI forum.

Okay, maybe a few days.

TC

[/quote]

TC, leave it as is…There’s nothing wrong with it. [/quote]

I’m not saying there is anything “wrong”. Did you read my posts in this thread?

A few of us, who have had their posts censored or deleted, would like some clarification on the forum rules, if there are any. If there are none, then why are posts being deleted/censored?

ANd I like being vulgar and offensive. That’s why I miss Rainjack. He was the only one that could come up with swears quicker than I could. His drunk posts were exquisite. [/quote]

I’m convinced that man had to be drunk at least 50 percent of the time he was posting here.

I think this is going to come down to the over sensitive judgment of an individual mod or 2. I don’t know that, but I’ve been on this site a while and I had to be told something was going on that needed to be censored. Since when? There have been people poundin the livin crap outta each other, even in the bodybuilding forums since I can remember. Disrespectful, profane and obnoxious? You’re kiddin right? This is something new? If I expected to hear exclusively non offensive speech agreeable to myself I’d leave. The web is a big place.

ANd I like being vulgar and offensive. That’s why I miss Rainjack. He was the only one that could come up with swears quicker than I could. His drunk posts were exquisite. [/quote]

Yup. That dude had some epic verbal venom.

[quote]Dustin wrote:

A few of us, who have had their posts censored or deleted, would like some clarification on the forum rules, if there are any. If there are none, then why are posts being deleted/censored?[/quote]

What posts were deleted, and can you give an example of the type of post that was deleted? I guess you will have to tone down the words yourself because it will be deleted again. :wink:

I would like an example. I have damned people to hell on this website, and that has never been deleted.