T Nation

A Request to Forum Moderators

As to not gum up the works in the US Armed Forces worship thread, it was suggested to me to start a separate thread for my particular request.

Would the PWI forum moderators, at their earliest convenience, please post a “sticky” thread outlining forum does and donts?

Thanks

[quote]Dustin wrote:
As to not gum up the works in the US Armed Forces worship thread, it was suggested to me to start a separate thread for my particular request.

Would the PWI forum moderators, at their earliest convenience, please post a “sticky” thread outlining forum does and donts?

Thanks[/quote]

Oh man. The PWI forum.

“Just when I thought was out, they pull me back in…”

I’m going to have to think about this for a while. Generally, the usual rules have applied, but given that the PWI forum is a “special” place, it may need its own set of rules.

Give me a few years to think about it.

Okay, maybe a few days.

TC

Just a personal note.

For the millions spent over the years on this Forum by “T-Nation”…the guys have actually allowed a HELLUVA’ lot more to “get through” than I would if I was spending that kind of money.

So if one follow’s even a watered-down/modified “Golden Rule”…in most cases you’ll be fine.

Also…its been proven in the past that a “do’s and don’t” list simply doesn’t work…mainly because of how general a list like that has to be. Once that happens…people being people…interpret it to their own ends.

Which gets you back to square one.

(Again…these are my own observations having been a member of the Site almost since the beginning).

Mufasa

Yay to that.

We argue here about everything:
Politics (duh).
Religion.
Democracy.
Abortion.
Race.
Freedom.

Like in, freedom of speech.
From my understanding, a site is perfectly entitled to censor opinions if wishes to do so.
But ironically the ONLY thing every resident from NRA-tea partyin’ anti-abortionsts to PETA-teabaggin’ pro-murder agree on is this freedom of speech.

So tell us, please, what are the rules here to follow so that big mod won’t steal any more of my thoughts?

Just a personal note.

For the millions spent over the years on this Forum by “T-Nation”…the guys have actually allowed a HELLUVA’ lot more to “get through” than I would if I was spending that kind of money.

So if one follow’s even a watered-down/modified “Golden Rule”…in most cases you’ll be fine.

Also…its been proven in the past that a “do’s and don’t” list simply doesn’t work…mainly because of how general a list like that has to be. Once that happens…people being people…interpret it to their own ends.

Which gets you back to square one.

(Again…these are my own observations having been a member of the Site almost since the beginning).

Mufasa

Is anyone unhappy with the way the PWI forum works currently?

I don’t see a need for this (I read here a lot despite my lack of posts).

[quote]TC wrote:
PWI forum is a “special” place, it may need its own set of rules.

[/quote]

A “powerful words” candidate right here.

[quote]TC wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

Oh man. The PWI forum.

I’m going to have to think about this for a while. Generally, the usual rules have applied, but given that the PWI forum is a “special” place, it may need its own set of rules.

Okay, maybe a few days.

TC

[/quote]

They have “get a life”, the “war cell” etc.
Why parade the one forum where things are actually argued?

I’ll tell you why.
Same reason some people will forbid you to draw certain prophets.

If you can enforce a system (or sites on the internet) to self censor according to your wim, you effectively won.

Crazy shit has been debated here time and again.
The number of times prominent members have been voting for concentration camps, or for just nuking everything from the middle east to afghanistan.

The right to bear arms, discussed ad nauseam (I actually learned a lot from this, even changed my opionion quite a bit)
Loonatic ramblings about a certain mesopotamic god that is en vogue now and who will either love and save you if you love him or else crush you, filling hundreds of pages, going seeemlessly into the evils of gay sex - while at the same time, the SAMA Forum boasts a record thread about asspics)

But the armed forces are off limits.
Seriously TC, these dudes can protect their honour themselves.
They shoot to kill pretty fast.

Were there posts deleted by the Mods?

Why should the political forum have it’s own set of rules? What’s wrong with the rules that govern the rest of the site?

And the place is so much more tame now than it used to, it doesn’t even need rules now. All the arguing guys have gone, now it’s just a lot of super republicans sitting around cirle jerking.

Oh, boy…you knew it was coming…

“Freedom of Speech”…

Freedom of Speech applies to the GOVERNMENTS power to suppress that freedom.

You have absolutely NO protected right to do or say anything you want either in my home or my place of business.

Mufasa

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
<<<All the arguing guys have gone, now it’s just a lot of super republicans sitting around cirle jerking.>>> [/quote]

So why are you still here? Oh because you are a super rebulican sitting around circle jerking? I guess you like that. You and Mak would go well together.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Is anyone unhappy with the way the PWI forum works currently?

I don’t see a need for this (I read here a lot despite my lack of posts).[/quote]

Not unhappy with the way it works. I’m just puzzled by the apparent inconsistency of the moderation. Perhaps it is just the way posts are interpreted by the different mods?

I’m simply requesting some clarification on what is allowed and what isn’t.

I haven’t posted much lately, but I still read PWI and I think it’s fine.

Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
“Freedom of Speech”…
You have absolutely NO protected right to do or say anything you want either in my home or my place of business.
Mufasa
[/quote]
I expressly stated this to be no problem for a private site.
How about rereading my post, it should get much clearer then.
thanks for chiming in, however.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

“Freedom of Speech”…

Mufasa

[/quote]

I agree.

And just to clarify, I have no problem if the PWI forum is moderated. I would just like to see the rules outlined.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Were there posts deleted by the Mods?[/quote]

in the flag waving thread.
At least mine and one other guy’s were deleted.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
<<<All the arguing guys have gone, now it’s just a lot of super republicans sitting around cirle jerking.>>> [/quote]

So why are you still here? Oh because you are a super rebulican sitting around circle jerking? I guess you like that. You and Mak would go well together.[/quote]

Because once in a while I like arguing about politics.

But this place was once much more even as far as political party representation, and it was a better forum for it.

[quote]TC wrote:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

Oh man. The PWI forum.

Okay, maybe a few days.

TC

[/quote]

Hey TC, don’t fret yourself over this one.

Those of us here in PWI love the way the forum works. It allows us to express our views, others can express theirs, we can argue over them, mock the silly arguments, admire the great ones (on both sides).

Many of those who have been the most combative with each other now hold a certain amount of respect for each other. I’ve made great friends here with people I rarely agree with and I know that this is true for most if not all of us.

We usually get to the point where we agree to disagree and it has served us all very well to watch these discussions unfold. We’ve been able to educate each other, bring new perspectives into focus that we may not have understood before, and expand our horizons a little bit more with each vigorous debate. It is the market place of ideas and it’s a big market.

We’ve openly discussed so much here and greatly appreciate this place. If this were a gym, you’d find most of us here after hours cleaning up the place, taking out the trash, and caring for it like it was our home away from home. I know i speak for a lot of us when I say that it is this unique place that really adds something special to the T-Nation site. Thanks for having it here and for allowing us to roam freely thru the topics we like to discuss.

No need for new rules, no need for new equipment. You did it right the first time!

oh wait, I do have one suggestion - can we add a daily or weekly random give-away, like some Alpha Male or a t-shirt - just a crazy thought (always looking for a freebie - lol)

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

No need for new rules, no need for new equipment. You did it right the first time!

[/quote]

You are quite adept at kissing arse in these threads aren’t you? smiley face

No one is asking for new rules. I’m not sure how you pulled that from any of the posts in this thread.