A Republican Egyptian

I found this intreasting about a week ago I bought a overcoat for myself and I met nice Egyptian tailor. The store was closing and I ask them politely if they could tailor the coat for me that night. And the Egyptian talior said sure no problem.

I need it for a job interview for the next day and I was suprise that he did it for me. But, he told me he wasn’t busy so it wouldn’t be a problem.

So, I go to his shop which is right next door coat shop and he starts talioring. We started to make to some small talk and wound up talking about politics.

I was shock to learn what his political affiliation was with. He was a BUSH Supporter! Could you believe that is from an Egyptian. Also, mind you I saw a lot of Christian artifacts in his office. So, he was both a Christian and Republican can you believe that.

He had a lot of things to say about this too. He says the happiest Muslim is the one that is living here in the USA. So, asked him to elaborate a little and he said the following: “eveywhere around the world the Muslims are being persecuted except here in the United States. In France they can’t wear religous articles. In ,Italy a cleric was praying in a Mosac (sp?) and then after the pray celebrated the death of 10 Italian soliders in Iraq he was asked to leave the country and never return and if he did return they would shoot him on the spot. Eventhough, he was a citizen of Italy.”

He also made a statement that I found intreasting. His 12 year old son, and a girl was studying w/ 2 other boys on a test his son got a 80 and the girl got a 90 and the 2 other boys got a score of 60 and 60 both failing so, the father asked both his son and girl why don’t you share your grade give them 10 points so you can all pass and his son and girl replied why should other people benfit from our hard work No way! So, his father said WELCOME TO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

I am not making this up. This acutually happened and this was from a Egyptian male living here in the US for over 30 years and he does have famliy overseas.

Sorry for this post is too long.

brings a tear to my eye.

wow!

bump for a respose form the left wing.

the childrens grades story sums up my position on the abusers of welfare.

He is probably coptic. You post this as if you are suprised about both his religion and his politics. As a “compassionate conservative” I believe people from all backgrounds are smart enough to realize the beauty of Republicanism. :slight_smile:

It’s really not all that suprising. Most immigrants come to the States in search of a better life, be it education, freedom from religious persecution, or political persecution. They worked hard to get here, they worked hard to get what they have, as such, they tend to look a bit sideways at welfare and other liberal attitudes. Great quip from P.J. O’Rourke about Clinton sending Cubans back to Cuba. “Cuba has extensive gun control, and universal socialized medical care. This is the type of society the Clintons are trying to create in America, and these people are risking their lives trying to escape it. No wonder they sent them back.”

Okay, here’s a liberal response…

Hell, can’t think of one.

I love this guy.

There is hope for America.

What!!! No, liberal response???

go hug a tree!

Good. Fuck the liberals.

from www.danielpipes.org:

“Weblog
The California Congress of Republicans Endorses CAIR
December 29, 2003
Yes, believe it or not, if local chapters are seeking speakers on “Middle Eastern Affairs and understanding Islam,” the CCG, which presents itself as “a grass-roots political organization, founded in 1989 and permanently chartered by the California Republican Party,” offers first up none other than the director of CAIR’s Northern California office, Helal Omeira. And here I thought only left-wing Democrats like Dennis Kucinich would wish to associate with an organization with three of its leadership in jail on terrorism-related charges. What an embarrassment this is to Republicans everywhere. Let’s hope wiser heads immediately pull this endorsement. (December 29, 2003)”

All material on this site ?1980-2003 Daniel Pipes. Site built and maintained by Grayson Levy.

""He had a lot of things to say about this too. He says the happiest Muslim is the one that is living here in the USA. So, asked him to elaborate a little and he said the following: “eveywhere around the world the Muslims are being persecuted except here in the United States. In France they can’t wear religous articles.”

That’s the secular tradition (separation of church & state in case you don’t know) that the USA claims to have, but in reality it’s just yet another example of American hypocrisy. I’m sure Bush & Ashcroft more than anybody hate how people can’t wear religious articles.

“In ,Italy a cleric was praying in a Mosac (sp?) and then after the pray celebrated the death of 10 Italian soliders in Iraq he was asked to leave the country and never return and if he did return they would shoot him on the spot. Eventhough, he was a citizen of Italy.”"

Remember the American Holocaust? That’s partially the result of the US supporting brutal regimes/dictatorships that do things like this. Let’s list a bunch of the dictators the US supported, even while they carried out atrocities (all under the guise of spreading freedom & democracy no less): Mobutu of Zaire, Pinochet of Chile, Duvalier of Haiti, Somoza of Nicaragua, the Greek junta, Marcos of the Philippines, Rhee of Korea, the Shah of Iran, 40 years of military dictators in Guatemala, Suharto of Indonesia, Hussein of Iraq of course, the Brazilian junta, Trujillo of the Dominican Republic, the Taliban of Afghanistan… you get the idea. So that’s what the USA thinks of dissidents. & you all know as well as I do that Berlusconi is a small-time crook compared with any of those listed above.

& what about the Muslims all over the world that hate the USA so much they crash planes into the WTC towers & celebrate that? Is there any chance that they could be rational-thinking people. Of course you’ll all say no, and that they’re just mental & ‘jealous’ because you don’t want to hear the real reason that someone would do that.

“He also made a statement that I found intreasting. His 12 year old son, and a girl was studying w/ 2 other boys on a test his son got a 80 and the girl got a 90 and the 2 other boys got a score of 60 and 60 both failing so, the father asked both his son and girl why don’t you share your grade give them 10 points so you can all pass and his son and girl replied why should other people benfit from our hard work No way!”

Sharing grades really does sound as stupid as you think it sounds. Seriously. That would be a total disaster if anyone even proposed it. The US system would be even worse off than it is now. I’ve never heard of anyone try to equate spreading someone’s grades around and distributing wealth. It’s probably because it’s such a stupid idea. Thanks for bringing up something so stupid, I had a good laugh! :smiley:

MQ so you never heard of the bell curve in High school or college huh? Basiclly, that’s grade sharing where a teacher would take the avreage of the highest grade of the class and make that the A. Lets, say the highest grade was a 70 or 75 that will be a A and so on and so forth.

Care to explain exactly what the American holocaust is? If you’re referring to the treatment of the indigenous Americans, I would be curious to know how Indians in Canada are doing way up north in Nunavut. What does US support of right wing dictators have to do with what we think of dissidents? How do 19 terrorists hijacking and crashing planes represent a worldwide population? I know that your rantings are not an indicative measure of the way Canadians feel, and I know that most Muslims were horrified by the WTC attacks. Do you support suicide bombers in Palestine as well? How about the violence in Northern Ireland, do you have a rationale for that? Or is it just that you despise the US so much, you’ll condone any act of violence against it?

“Basiclly, that’s grade sharing where a teacher would take the avreage of the highest grade of the class and make that the A. Lets, say the highest grade was a 70 or 75 that will be a A and so on and so forth.”

Fitone have you ever heard of a bell curve? That’s where the best few grades get As, the next best get Bs, etc. The relative positions of the peoples’ grades doesn’t change. The ‘best & brightest’ are still the ‘best & brightest’ & the people who don’t do very well still don’t. There’s no sharing.

“Care to explain exactly what the American holocaust is? If you’re referring to the treatment of the indigenous Americans, I would be curious to know how Indians in Canada are doing way up north in Nunavut.”

American Holocaust = the deaths of 12-15 million people caused by direct US support of things like death squads & military dictatorships since WWII. There were somethng like 4 million killed in Vietnam alone. I wasn’t thinking of the extermination of your natives, but, yeah you could add those to the list as well. Everyone’s hero George Washington was known as the “Town Destroyer” by the Iroquois & he talked openly of ‘exterpating them from the nation’. Then you Americans went & named your means of destruction after the natives who resisted. Ever thought about where the names ‘Apache’ or ‘Blackhawk’ came from? Can you think of any other conqueror that named their means of destruction after the people who resisted them? Oh yeah Re: Nunavut I think it’s fine that the Inuits finally got their own territory. I also really like their system up there too. They don’t have political parties in the legislature so everybody is elected as an independent and there’s no unhealthy loyalty to any party because there are none, just like in the NWT or Switzerland. We should do that in Ottawa too.

“What does US support of right wing dictators have to do with what we think of dissidents?”

You think a military dictatorship will give people them same rights as they would have in a free country? Right now the US is supporting brutal regimes in Central Asia, like in Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan. They’re both known to boil their dissidents alive but what’s the USA going to do about that? Anything? If the USA had the slightest concern with freedom & democracy in their foreign affairs (which you do not & never have) wouldn’t you guys use your influence to stop stuff like that? Tommy Franks is already on record saying that the US Constitutuion should be repealed if there’s another ‘terrorist attack’ in the US. You can already get in shit for speaking out against te Bush regime now, what are you going to do when your Constitution gets wiped out? Is that really what the US thinks of dissidents?

“How do 19 terrorists hijacking and crashing planes represent a worldwide population? I know that your rantings are not an indicative measure of the way Canadians feel, and I know that most Muslims were horrified by the WTC attacks.”

Actually the opposite is probably true. Why don’t I let Jimmy Carter explain? “We sent Marines into Lebanon and you only have to go to Lebanon, to Syria or to Jordan to witness first-hand the intense hatred among many people for the United States because we bombed and shelled and unmercifully killed totally innocent villagers – women and children and farmers and housewives – in those villages around Beirut. … As a result of that … we became kind of a Satan in the minds of those who are deeply resentful. That is what precipitated the taking of our hostages and that is what has precipitated some of the terrorist attacks.” -Carter, some years after leaving the White House
…or how about the War Department, 1997?
“Historical data show a strong correlation between US involvement in international situations and an increase in terrorist attacks against the United States.”
…or the terrorists responsible for the 1st WTC bombing?
“We declare our responsibility for the explosion on the mentioned building. This action was done in response for the American political, economical, and military support to Israel the state of terrorism and to the rest of the dictator countries in the region.”

“Do you support suicide bombers in Palestine as well? How about the violence in Northern Ireland, do you have a rationale for that? Or is it just that you despise the US so much, you’ll condone any act of violence against it?”

I don’t support any suicide bombers. Why would you think that I do? I only said that the USA is only getting what’s coming to them. If they don’t like terrorist attacks, they should stop giving terrorists reasons to attack the USA. Rumsfeld seems to invite terrorist attacks because it scares the population which makes them easier to control and it also gives the regime an excuse to spend massively on war/military.

“We declare our responsibility for the explosion on the mentioned building. This action was done in response for the American political, economical, and military support to Israel the state of terrorism and to the rest of the dictator countries in the region.”

I can’t verify whether this quote is accurate, because I can omly find it in the Net polemic he copied the text from. It supposedly is from a letter regarding the '93 bombing of the WTC.

Gee, we support a dictator or five so we can trade with their country and we’re ogres for using diplomacy. Go in and kick a dictator’s ass and we’re imperialist assholes. Anyone see a pattern here?