A.R.T. (Active Release Technique)

Im looking for some feedback on this before I spend the money. I have a stiff shoulder amongst other body pains. My question is when you went and had this A.R.T. work done did you get the result you where looking for? What was the problem and how many times did it take to get it resolved?

thanks!

i had about eight months of ART therapy after sustaining a shoulder injury about one year prior.

it cost me a shit load (about 80% of the expense was covered by an insurance program thank christ).

I would recommend the following:

1. go to EFS.com and check out Bratford Presses. Cycle these in and out- VERY light weight for 15-20 reps. This will give you strength, flexibility, and looks bad ass.

2. Buy bands from EFS.com, use them for Face Pulls, Band Pull Aparts (BIG help), and other shoulder related work

3. Use face pulls and a variation of pull downs/pull overs that you can PM me about before every bench session or any time you have a bar across your shoulders (yes, i said that. get use to loving them).

4. drop all incline and overhead pressing.

From my personal experience this helped my shoulder heal very quickly. The doc said she was surprised at how fast i progressed- I didn’t tell her about the extra work i was doing on the side to heal up faster.

any questions, PM me.

CSR

Best treatment I’ve ever had for soft-tissue injuries.

Definitely try it.

Absolute best soft tissue treatment I’ve ever had. PERIOD! Though I hesitate to use the term, in my case the results are miraculous!

After 3 years with a radial nerve entrapment and after trying almost every treatment method out there, I’m at 80% of my pre-injury health and that’s after only 4 visits. I’m doing stuff in the gym I haven’t even thought of doing in 3 years.

3 weeks ago I went and saw the medical director for a Major League Baseball team who told me that I’d never be able to lift weights again and to come back to discuss surgical options. Needless to say I will not be going back to this joker again.

My ART dr tells me because I’ve had this issue for so long I may only get to 95%, and that will only happen after seeing him a couple of more times as well as slowly reincorporating resistance training over a few months (especially emphasizing the eccentric part of my lifts). That’s way better than what any surgical treatment would have provided me so I’m ecstatic.

The only regret I have is that it took me so long to get ART and I wasted three years of my life dealing with this crippling pain.

For those wondering, NO! I don’t get paid commission for plugging ART. If my story can help one person get ART and relieve any measure of pain they may have then I’m happy.

Be well and train hard!

Where’s Goldberg to reply to this?