A Quick Hello From England

Hey there guys my name is Toby and after lurking here for quite some time I thought I would take the plunge and register.

I am 36 years old and work as a Chef so I am blessed with a near limitless supply of quality protein! I am 5’11" and weigh just a shade under 185 with around 11.5% body fat.
I have been working out on and off for many years but I guess my training age is around two seeing as I have only more recently been consistent and doing things “properly”

I started cutting at around 192 just before the new year with a medium term goal to get shredded as fuark! Still a long long way to go!

I am looking to exchange ideas with like minded folk.

Ok that’s me for now!

[quote]bigslickmelter wrote:
Hey there guys my name is Toby and after lurking here for quite some time I thought I would take the plunge and register.

I am 36 years old and work as a Chef so I am blessed with a near limitless supply of quality protein! I am 5’11" and weigh just a shade under 185 with around 11.5% body fat.
I have been working out on and off for many years but I guess my training age is around two seeing as I have only more recently been consistent and doing things “properly”

I started cutting at around 192 just before the new year with a medium term goal to get shredded as fuark! Still a long long way to go!

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

Hi Toby where in England are you?

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi lemonji where in England are you?

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi lemonji where in England are you?[/quote]

Hi Matias A. where in England are you?

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m in Oxford. To carry on the theme, Hi Matias where in England are you?

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m in Oxford. To carry on the theme, Hi Matias where in England are you?
[/quote]

I have a few friends from the UK, but I live on AUS atm.

Pfft, England sucks.

SCOTLAND FOREVER

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Pfft, England sucks.

SCOTLAND FOREVER[/quote]

Dude, if you live in Scotland, you are a lucky guy. I was thinking about moving there. How is the economy?

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Pfft, England sucks.

SCOTLAND FOREVER[/quote]

Dude, if you live in Scotland, you are a lucky guy. I was thinking about moving there. How is the economy?[/quote]

lol, you’ve clearly never been to Glasgow!

The economy is better here than some other places in Europe, with unemployment at about 8%. It’s slightly worse here than in the rest of the UK though.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Pfft, England sucks.

SCOTLAND FOREVER[/quote]

Dude, if you live in Scotland, you are a lucky guy. I was thinking about moving there. How is the economy?[/quote]

The economy is better here than some other places in Europe, with unemployment at about 8%. It’s slightly worse here than in the rest of the UK though.[/quote]

I knew someone from Glasgow once and he said The weather there was worse than England, which takes some beating

And does Scotland feel like youre in Uzbekistan half the time? It does down here

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Starcross, small village population 1750 by the executive estuary about 7 mile south of Exeter, Devon. Yourself?
seriously considering wearing a belt for back squats. Thoughts?

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Pfft, England sucks.

SCOTLAND FOREVER[/quote]

The economy is better here than some other places in Europe, with unemployment at about 8%. It’s slightly worse here than in the rest of the UK though.[/quote]

I knew someone from Glasgow once and he said The weather there was worse than England, which takes some beating

And does Scotland feel like youre in Uzbekistan half the time? It does down here[/quote]

dude Uzbekistan is like a tropical oasis compared to Scotland. Especially the Northern part where I’m from.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Pfft, England sucks.

SCOTLAND FOREVER[/quote]

And does Scotland feel like youre in Uzbekistan half the time? It does down here[/quote]

dude Uzbekistan is like a tropical oasis compared to Scotland. Especially the Northern part where I’m from.[/quote]

Ha! I meant the inhabitants

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
Pfft, England sucks.

SCOTLAND FOREVER[/quote]

dude Uzbekistan is like a tropical oasis compared to Scotland. Especially the Northern part where I’m from.[/quote]

Ha! I meant the inhabitants
[/quote]

they’re even worse

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Starcross, small village population 1750 by the executive estuary about 7 mile south of Exeter, Devon. Yourself?
[/quote]

Small world, im from Torquay

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How much do you squat

Ha, not much at all. 90Kg 4 sets of ten. I lift mainly to look good and get lean and am a firm believer in lifting the lightest weight possible to get the job done. I am 36 now and have little I interest I. Brovado… Lucky really. I feel my lower back and core limit so the beating I can give my thighs hips and glutes in the rack and it am sure I could put plenty more weight on the bar if I wore a belt

Ha, not much at all. 90Kg 4 sets of ten. I lift mainly to look good and get lean and am a firm believer in lifting the lightest weight possible to get the job done. I am 36 now and have little I interest I. Brovado… Lucky really. I feel my lower back and core limit so the beating I can give my thighs hips and glutes in the rack and it am sure I could put plenty more weight on the bar if I wore a belt [/quote]

A belt might help, it helped me but I only benefitted from it with high weight low rep, anymore than about 6 reps and it would get uncomfortable. The biggest help I’ve found are knee wraps. I always felt like my knees were the weak link when squatting so these work great for me. And since you train for more bb purposes these would probably suit your needs better. Saying that I still use my belt from time to time.

Yes I had also considered the knee wraps. When I used to wear a belt and squat 110-120Kg I always found myself fixating on my quivering knees in the mirror as I squatted. Almost as if I was just waiting for them to explode!
Oddly I shunned the belt taking the logic that its better to lift a lighter weight with better form. It was only last week when I read an article on this site on bulgarian split squats that the lower back penny dropped so to speak!

[quote]Chrispy61 wrote:

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

Ok that’s me for now!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Small world, im from Torquay
[/quote]

Ha! yes indeed it is!