A Question on Cardio/GPP

This week I’m going to start one of CW’s workouts instead of following my own crappy workout. I will be hitting the weights on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Chad wrote that you could do 15-20 min. of cardio on Wed, Sat, and Sun if you felt like it.

Question 1. would it be ok to substitute some of the GPP exercises I’ve seen on this site instead of cardio?

Question 2. Would doing Kettelbell swings, snatch pulls, and cleans with a light kettelbell be considered GPP training?

Question 3. What are my odds of becoming overtrained if I do GPP or workout 7 days a week? I’m used to having some off days, will it make a big difference?

Thanks.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
This week I’m going to start one of CW’s workouts instead of following my own crappy workout. I will be hitting the weights on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Chad wrote that you could do 15-20 min. of cardio on Wed, Sat, and Sun if you felt like it.

Question 1. would it be ok to substitute some of the GPP exercises I’ve seen on this site instead of cardio?[/quote]

CW also mentioned that one can try his GPP ASAP workout for the GPP day/part of some of his programme.

CT’s Running Man would also be a good one.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
Question 2. Would doing Kettelbell swings, snatch pulls, and cleans with a light kettelbell be considered GPP training?[/quote]

Yes of course. Exercises that keep your heartrate high and bring up your overall fitness (power, endurance etc.) are considered GPP. For example:

Kettlebell
Clubbell
Sladgehammering
Hill running
Track running (400m, 200m etc.)

Or a mixture of the above.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
Question 3. What are my odds of becoming overtrained if I do GPP or workout 7 days a week? I’m used to having some off days, will it make a big difference?[/quote]

It depends on your current fitness level and your training age.
Go in easily if you have never trained in such high volume.

Geek boy

I wouldn’t mind you doing that. The activities are pretty much interchangable, depending on what your goals are. But even then, as long as you’re doing work consistently, you should be fine.

Sure. Light stuff. Remember, G.P.P. is General, so play around…mix it up. Just have fun with it, ya big goof.

Generally, I’m a fan of having at least 1 day of rest per week. By rest, I mean rest with a capital S. Pretend you don’t own a gym membership, or a computer, or feet. Just relax. Doing nothing for 24-hours will not bring your training to a screeching halt. But it will help to make sure that you have a life outside of “working out”.

Thanks for the help. I’m slowly getting all of this new info sorted out. I had a good workout today, let you know how things are going in a couple of weeks. I’m sure I’ll have a bunch of new questions.