A question for the ladies

Ladies, I need a woman’s point of view on this issue. My girlfriend and I train at the same gym. The other day after training, she claimed that one of the young women who is an employee of the gym and also works out there “wants” me. I asked her how she knew this, as I was totally oblivious to it. She said she could just tell. I don’t socialize at the gym, I train and leave. Her comment makes me rather uncomfortable, since I am not soliciting anyone’s attention, nor do I have the intention to. Can women really sense these things, or is she being a bit paranoid?

Could be either. She might have picked up on something you didn’t, or she might just be jealous of the girl and wondered if you liked her, or she might have just wanted to see your response. I wouldn’t dwell on it too much. Chicks are weird. :slight_smile:

She could be feeling a bit paranoid, but usually women flirt the same way and she could be seeing things in this other gals actions that set her shackles on end. On the other hand, if you haven’t noticed any kind of flirting towards you then it probably is your gf’s paranoia. She may be feeling insecure in your relationship (for whatever reason) and believes everybody wants her man. Some women are like this. They are very insecure in themselves and will cling to their guys, excluding everything else. She could’ve been just joking about this comment, but only you know if she was. If she was serious and you haven’t made any overtures to this other chick, you might want to ask yourself if your girl is just too plain clingy. If the answer is yes, you will have to be very careful about your friendships with any other women. It’s the jealousy thing, you know.

She might have noticed something you missed. Guys aren’t as in tune with this kind of stuff especially at the gym when they are just concentrating on their workout. But why should it bother you? Us females get this all the time and the last thing you want to worry about is are you soliciting it. If you didn’t, you know it. So just think “that’s nice” and move on (at least that is what I do). That was a dumb move on your girlfriend’s part if she is jealous cause now you will be noticing this chick whenever you are at the gym. Maybe she just wanted you to feel good and realize you are attractive to other women and has no problem with that. If so, then good for her. Just don’t feel uncomfortable about it. Believe me you didn’t do anything-you just look good :wink:

I smell a threesome! lol :slight_smile:

Thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your perspective. I train with one thing in mind-improving my physique. I hoped that working out at the same gym would help with some of the time I spend away, but I don’t think that she’s really into it- which is ok with me. I don’t want her insecurity to remove my focus from what I’m trying to accomplish. This is a life-quest, not a passing fancy. I’ve got unfinished business that needs to be tended to before my time is up! Thanks again.

The Doctor

Doc, usually the wet spot on the lycra shorts is a dead give-away!

When a woman comes over and grabs your schlong and gravy boats when you’re working out, that generally could be a sign that she’s into you.

She may want to experiment with another woman keep an open mind and listen to her.