A Question about DC Training...

I know DC training is supposedly for advanced lifters only. I also know that I’ve had better results using DC routines/principles than anything else I’ve tried, so I don’t want to get into the whole “you aren’t hyooge enough yet” thing…

That being said, I recently got a job as a stocker, good hard work, and it’s taxing on the body. I am in no shape to lift weights after work. I can lift before work on some days, but the point is my frequency has taken a serious hit due to work. I’ve recently been doing the “beginner” DC program with great results, but I’ve had to cut down to 2x per week due to exhaustion, lack of time, etc.

I know Dante has said that the CNS fatigue of the program can lead to problems, and that it is okay to drop to 2x per week for a while, at least. My question is: a) is 2 DC workouts per week (every muscle group hit once per week) enough to truly stimulate growth, as I’ve heard, and b) is 2 DC workouts a week too much given my job.

The way I figure it, it’s not like I’m lifting 60lb girders for a living, just 30lb boxes for the most part, so I should be fine. I just want a more learned opinion. Any responses would be appreciated.

go to the gym

So… do what I’m already doing?

yeah, there’s no way you’re gonna overtrain only going twice a week. And I’m sure you could find a third day to go if you really wanted to

Point taken, back to business as usual. Thanks!

You will not overtrain…

Go 3 days a week

Have you considered you’re not eating enough? Plenty of people in more demanding fields of work than stocking train more frequently and make gains.

I used to train every other day while working 3 on 3 off, stacking pallets for 12 hours at a time.

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
Have you considered you’re not eating enough? Plenty of people in more demanding fields of work than stocking train more frequently and make gains.[/quote]

X2

The reason for lower volume with DC is because of a higher frequency of 1x/week

If you take DC back to 1x/week… then… well you can figure the rest yourself