A Program That Has Worked for Me

Hello all

I just wanted to share a program that I personally have had very good results with. I am posting it to recommend to others as well as hear your critiques on it.

It is a full body 3 days a week plan, which I know makes it under fire already, but my college gym has pathetic summer hours and with my summer work I can only fit times in 3 days a week. I usually am on a split routine (and was previously for quite some time), so maybe the change alone is responsible for my gains. But I have been doing it all summer and have had significant gains in strength of the big three and gained a solid 6 lbs while eating a slightly above maintenance diet.

Here it is and let me know what you think:

Monday:

A. Deadlift
B1.Dips
B2.Weighted wide grip pullups or pulldowns
C1.Biceps preferred exercise
C2.Calf raises on leg press
C3.Lateral raises

Wednesday:

A. Back Squat
B1.Shoulder Press (Standing with DB or BB)
B2.Horizontal row (seated cable, t bar, or bent over)
C1.Different biceps exercise
C2.Standing calf machine
C3.Triceps exercise

Friday:

A. Front Squat
B1.BB Bench
B2.Weighted chins
C1.Different yet biceps exercise
C2.Donkey calf raises
C3.Leg curl

Each exercise is kind of done by feel. Usually its 3-4 sets working in a 10,8,6,4 type of pattern increasing the weight each set.

My rationale was to cover the basics with the first 3 exercises of each day with the “money” exercises. The following 3 exercises were basically determined by my own preference. I feel my biceps and calves are lagging, so I wanted to hit them with a higher frequency. So I leave the last 3 exercises of the workout for your own individual preferences on what you feel needs improvement.

Let me know what you guys think. I wanted to share something that has worked for me and hopefully could work for some of you too. I have done enough stuff wrong in my training career (read my earliest innocent posts when I was a complete newb), that I wanted just to share something that I feel may be helpful. It may not be as ideal as some body part splits, but this program has definately worked for me.