A Problem with Trainer at the Gym

Theres this female trainer with her client on an ab machine. Right next to them is a dip / leg raise station. I go there and do some dips, drop my keys to hold my station and get water. I come back and i see her demonstrating to her client how to do raises before her client jumps on… I asked them if I could work in cuz I didnt want to be a jerk and say “Hey I was on that.”

She goes on to say that I can’t because she is with a client. I go “but i wasn’t done, I just went to get water.”
She says that it doesnt matter because she is “PTing her”…

I’m not a personal trainer but do trainers have the right to “hold” equitment like that? I’m pretty sure they werent on it before me cuz she had to demostrate how to do raises…even so isnt proper gym ettique to let someone jump in if you’re gonna superset between two equitments.

whos right and whats the proper way to handle it next time as she is ALWAYS there …

If this happens again, make sure to get on the next piece of equipment they’re going to use and just sit there. Ha!

You gotta mark yer territory, hike that leg up and start pissing.

What’s the gym?

Definitely complain. Ask if you can get a refund for one month of membership. Make a huge stink about. That would drive me seriously nuts and I would have INSISTED that they get the fuck off my machine.

I’m doing doggcrapp and had to wait 25 minutes for a leg press the other day and I just patiently waited (after letting the guys in front of me know I wanted the machine) because once you’re on a station, you own it until you’re done. It’s just the way it is.

Unless you’re doing curls in the power-rack…then you need to get the fuck out.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
What’s the gym?

Definitely complain. Ask if you can get a refund for one month of membership. Make a huge stink about. That would drive me seriously nuts and I would have INSISTED that they get the fuck off my machine.

I’m doing doggcrapp and had to wait 25 minutes for a leg press the other day and I just patiently waited (after letting the guys in front of me know I wanted the machine) because once you’re on a station, you own it until you’re done. It’s just the way it is.

Unless you’re doing curls in the power-rack…then you need to get the fuck out.[/quote]

i argued with her for a while and she threatened to get the manager. Knowing the dude is a dousche and will likely take her side, I just said F It and let them use it. Didnt want to make a scene. Plus a guy arguing with a 90lb female trainer makes ME look like a jerk.

[quote]GettingBigNow wrote:
wirewound wrote:
What’s the gym?

Unless you’re doing curls in the power-rack…then you need to get the fuck out.

i argued with her for a while and she threatened to get the manager. Knowing the dude is a dousche and will likely take her side, I just said F It and let them use it. Didnt want to make a scene. Plus a guy arguing with a 90lb female trainer makes ME look like a jerk.[/quote]

Next time, just stick it in her pooper.

thats always the way!

Find what car she drives, put nails under her tires, wait for her to back out/drive forward.

Always worked for teachers, should work for a “personal TONER” too :rolleyes:

[quote]dk44 wrote:
You gotta mark yer territory, hike that leg up and start pissing. [/quote]

LMFAO! Exactly what I was thinking.

err any serious answers. I bound to run into this situation again and I dont see it ending well…

Solution? Do your dips later or find another gym.

Bring a water bottle so you don’t leave your equipment unintended.

Not hard to find a solution. You said the manager will take her side. So you’re screwed.

Find a way not to leave the equipment between sets.

Simple AND easy.

id say stand your ground. make her call the manager. take that chance. then write a formal complaint to the gym head office!

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Bring a water bottle so you don’t leave your equipment unintended.

Not hard to find a solution. You said the manager will take her side. So you’re screwed.

Find a way not to leave the equipment between sets.

Simple AND easy. [/quote]

lol she’ll just fidn the manager to tell me to get the fcuk out. Ill just stand my ground and see whats up but im not looking forward to getting kicked out for their lack of gym conduct. This is ballys total fitness btw…best option i had in the summer

i understand you might be a little annoyed…but why don’t you bring a gallon of water, stand there in between sets, and no one will disturb you.
END OF THREAD.

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
i understand you might be a little annoyed…but why don’t you bring a gallon of water, stand there in between sets, and no one will disturb you.
END OF THREAD.[/quote]

no dude her whole attitude is “im training a client where all the stations I need should be free so there is no wait time between stations, therefore you cant use it…” While I was on there she kept giving me the evil eye to GTFO so if i stayed, she would’ve just told me to gtfo cuz she is training a “client”

[quote]GettingBigNow wrote:

lol she’ll just fidn the manager to tell me to get the fcuk out. Ill just stand my ground and see whats up but im not looking forward to getting kicked out for their lack of gym conduct. This is ballys total fitness btw…best option i had in the summer[/quote]

Explain politely to the trainer that you were using the station. When that fails, go talk politely to the manager and explain your situation.

If you stand there arguing with the trainer for 5 minutes like an asshole, then yeah, you’re going to get kicked out for making a scene. The manager is the person you should talk to anyway. Handle the situation like an adult and there is no reason you should get kicked out.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
GettingBigNow wrote:

lol she’ll just fidn the manager to tell me to get the fcuk out. Ill just stand my ground and see whats up but im not looking forward to getting kicked out for their lack of gym conduct. This is ballys total fitness btw…best option i had in the summer

Explain politely to the trainer that you were using the station. When that fails, go talk politely to the manager and explain your situation.

If you stand there arguing with the trainer for 5 minutes like an asshole, then yeah, you’re going to get kicked out for making a scene. The manager is the person you should talk to anyway. Handle the situation like an adult and there is no reason you should get kicked out.[/quote]

yea and if the manager takes her side (which im sure he would) ill just let it go

Find a way to intellectually embarrass her in front of her client.

as a trainer myself you have as much of a right to that equipment as anyone else, unless there is a special circuit class then the class would have first priority.