Posting routines and fishing for feedback should probably have its own forum category, and here I am, with yet another of those posts, asking what you could possibly be wrong, or what could be improved in this routine:
- barbell good mornings/1 set/25-30 reps
- toe raises/3-5 sets/20-25 reps
- pec deck/3-5 sets/8-10 reps
- upright rows/3-5 sets/8-10 reps
- rear lat pull-downs/3-5 sets/8-10 reps
- tricep curls/3-5 sets/8-10 reps
- barbell curls/3-5 sets/8-10 reps
- sit-ups/1 set/25-50 reps
- leg raises/1 set/25-50 reps
If that looks familiar, it’s actually Month-6 of 20 taken from 20-year old material I scooped from a forum that hosts my journal, modified a bit to how I do it in the gym. I’ve been following it since I started and I’d say I’ve gotten pretty good results, though I feel like there has to be a better way out there. I intend to finish this month’s, and then look somewhere else, most likely around the material we have in the library here. What drove me is that it is old material, and lately, I have been reading that some of the exercises suggested, such as one with the pec deck, is written as badly crafted and should be avoided if can be helped.
I’m 19, 5’7" at 145 lbs, Asian. Thank you all for the feedback.