Day 3: Shoulders
Day 4: Biceps, Triceps

Weight: 68Kgr
149,90 lbs
Waist: 79,50 cm
31,30 ins
height: 1,78m
Bodyfat %: 16 %

Start of week 4: Bought a protein shake, 100% Whey Protein Gold by Optimum Nutritions, size 10lbs, serving (30,4g): 24g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat, etc

link (greek): http://www.x-tremestores.gr/216/eshop/DetailView.aspx?prod_id=1597&category=562

Results so far:
Chest increased and chest muscle hardened
6-pack abs started to show up since week 1 (although I haven't seen any progress seen then)
Biceps and Triceps hardened (a slight noticeable gain in muscle mass)
Increased number of repetitions (by 15-20%), increase in the amount of weight (10-15%), joint pains

Target: A nice, toned, lean body until summer 2009 (late May) with a small % of bodyfat

link: http://www.abs-for-life.com/cam_gigandet_workout.html

This is what I aim for rather than large muscle gains, I dont like weight increases, I want to increase my stamina, endurance and strength.

I've been doing some research around to find out some answers to some questions I have as I am new to this.

1. When is the best time to take the protein shake and why?
    Some people say morning, some people say with meals, other say before and after workout, at night, others say 1 scoop after workout and 1 scoop hour later,

2. Should I take the protein shake the days I dont' workout? And when exactly?

3. Should I limit the amount of carbs that I consume? What types of foods should I worry the most?

I eat almost everything, salad once a day, fruit once every two or three days.
I have 2 meals a day and breakfast.
I dont eat junk food.
I smoke a pack of cigaretes a day.

1. Is there an optimum and efficient workout programme for a toned body to my specifications?

2. Is my target achievable and how much effort is required?

3. Should I undertake any special exercises for the 6-pack abs?

4. I am considering of attending a Kick-boxing class (takes place 4-5 times a week). Will this make a difference?

5. What should I take into consideration? What should I go for and what I have to avoid in order to achieve my goal.

Thanks for your time for reading this. Every type of help is appreciated.
Looking Forward to hearing from you

Is this a real post?

I think you're at the wrong website.

Carrots because bananas will make you too hooogye.

First off, the program you're following sucks. A program without legs is no program at all.

Unless you're training for a marathon or half marathon, a few pounds of muscle will not slow you down. Hell, Lance Armstrong is 5'9", weighs 10lbs more than you, and managed to win the Tour de France 7 times. You could certainly afford to gain some more muscle.

Now to answer your questions:

1. Immediately after youworkout is usually a good time. Then eat some solid food (ideally protein and carbs) within an hour.

2. You should be eating a lot more than you probably are, so if it helps you get some more calories in, yes.

3. Avoiding refined carbs might not be a bad idea, unless it interferes with get enough calories.

What you really should do is stop smoking...

And eat more. Three meals a day really isn't enough to gain muscle, and you should want to gain muscle. Moreover, if you eat more frequently, your body might be less inclined to store excess calories in the form of fat.

1. There are a ton of good programs on this website. Check them out.

2. Probably. But I think you're chasing the wrong goal.

3. Stop worrying about your abs. As long as your % bodyfat is low enough, they'll be visible.

4. If you attend it, you'll be burning more calories, and pressumably fat, which is good. However, it may interfere with your ability to recover from your resistance training.

5. I think you need to reevaluate your goals. If you drop down to say 7% bodyfat so you can see your abs, you're only going to weigh 135 lbs, and will not look particularly good. As a beginner, you can easily gain muscle while losing fat, so do that.

To reiterate: Get a new program, like starting strength or any one of the hundreds available on T-Nation. Eat more, and you'll gain muscle and probably lose fat while you're at it. Stop smoking.

Oh, and read the stickies at the top of the beginner's forum. If you'd done that in the first place, you probably wouldn't have had to ask some of those questions.

Train legs ! Single best advice you could get from anyone.

Agree with the above posters. I'm wondering if you're a troll. How bout you a)read the stickies in the beginners forum and b) do some article searches are there are tons of articles that address your questions? Then when you've progressed for a few months come back with some not so easy to answer questions? Obvoiusly it's a beginner's forum, but at least read the stickies.

Eat lots of carrots.

Yeah he looks better than you.....have another phoenix moment on me

He said Experts!
You no come here anymore!

Def not him in the pic, profile says 178lbs at 5'8". That aside, at least he didn't post a profile pic with his arm pressed against his side to make his biceps look bigger.

I don't get the abz thing. I'd rather be a tank with a little fat than a chiseled twig.

Uhh.... that's not the OP in the pic.

I gave a link with that guy as a good represantation of what my target is: lean body and good-looking abs at low bodyfat...check again on top!

I will try to upload some of my abs and chest pics tomorrow.

Actually it says 178cm (5'11") & 68kg (150lbs) - if he were 178lbs @ 5'8", he'd probably have a pretty good foundation off which to work.

end of workout week 1

end of workout week 2

before workout - the day before week 1

You have significantly less than 16% bodyfat. You need to eat more and focus on compound exercises like squat, deadlift, bench, and pull ups. Don't worry about avoiding carbs. Just eat everything in sight, then eat some more.

as you may observe (in the last 3 pics) I made a progress during the first two weeks.... tomorrow I will upload abs, chest and biceps pics for end of week 5!

My stats are:
weight: 150lbs,
height: 5ft 10'' tall.

Each week I lose about 1/2 to 1 pound of body weight and I do NO cardio!!!

I calculated my bodyfat % in relation to weight and waist measures formula... I measured my waist periphery in the belly (that what I read)....probably I added one or two inches....dont know for sure...

you mean: Protein & carbs and meals high in calories? is that correct?