A New Member... Heyyy...

Ok, so basically, just wanted your opinions on what I’m doing, what I should change and what I should keep… Right now I’m mostly looking for size and strength

Weight: 183
Height: 6’1"
I haven’t taken my BF rating in a damn long time, but I will when I get back from vacationing…

I’m not a huge supp user… Well, maybe a little…
Whey Powder
BCAA’s
Creatine (currently off for a month)
Fish and Flax Oil
Multi

Food
I’m doing the whole high pro, low carb thing right now… My main sources of protein (besides eggs for breakfast) are Turkey, Chicken, Fish… occasionally lean beef… once a week… Calf Liver =). Besides that, I’m a veggie and fruit kinda guy.

Workout - For my Cardio, at least right now being winter, I just go out for about a hour a night for a fast paced walk (well monday’s to Thursdays)… Come Spring, I’ll be tossing back in my circuits that I o’ so Enjoy doing (well not really)

The workout is all 2x5 except for weight dips, which are 2x10… I work abs and forearms twice a week, though at random (always 2 days apart though)

My Current Workout - 6 Day Plan (yep)
Monday
Back/Bi’s
Deadlift 2x5
Bent-Over Row 2x5
Seated Row 2x5
Front Pulldown-Widegrip 2x5
Barbell Curl 2x5
Preacher Curl DB 2x5
Hammer Curl 2x5

Tuesday
Chest/Tri’s
Inclince Bench
Flat Bench
Decline Bench
Flat Dumbbell Flye
Close Grip Bench
Weight Dip 2x10
Tricpes Pushdown (usually rope)

Wednesday
Legs/Shoulders
Barbell Squat
Bulgarian Split Deadlift
Leg Press
Front Military Press
Back Military Press
Seated Lat Raise
Incline Reverse Dumbbell Raise

Thursday
Back/Bi’s
Deadlift
Bent-Over Row
Front Pulldown-Closegrip
One Arm Row
BarbellCurl
Straight Bar Preacher
Incline Dumbbell

Friday
Inclince B
Flat B
Decline B
Low Pulley Crosscable
Close Grip B
Overhead Ext
Tricp Pushdown

Saturday
Barbell Squat
Bulgarian Split Deadlift
Leg Press
Front Military Press
Barbell Shrug
Seated Front Raise
Seated Lat Raise

Sunday is off

So yeah, disect, make fun of it, critize away… just add some imput… to much? to little? more sets? less reps? etc. etc.

2 major suggestions, but first a question. How strong are you. Your probably not strong enough so were going to work under that assumption.

I think you have way to many exercises. Also I think a bodypart split is not going to be the quickest way to what you want right now. I’d say if not into total body sessions, do at most an upper/lower split. If you want good total body routines, pick up Alwyn Cosgrove’s book the New Rules of Lifting.

If you want a good suggestion for an upper/lower split give westside for skinny bastards a try. In the process of getting strong, provided enough food, you will add muscle. Once you get strong, adding muscle will be a lot easier. If you have a question just pm me.

[quote]zarro wrote:
2 major suggestions, but first a question. How strong are you. Your probably not strong enough so were going to work under that assumption.[/quote]

Well, I’m taking a policing course right now… the only “weight” requirement is to bench 200 pounds 10 times… flat bench, which I can do. (It’s like 10x 1.1 your bodyweight or something like that)

[quote]zarro wrote:
I think you have way to many exercises.[/quote]

If I were to stick to it, would you say, shave one off each body part (except for legs)

[quote]zarro wrote:
I’d say if not into total body sessions, do at most an upper/lower split. [/quote]

How would you work this out? Legs for lower… then tri’s, bi’s, back, chest and shoulders all at once for upper?

Link?

Or something like…

Day 1 - Chest/Biceps/Triceps

Day 2 - Thighs/Hamstrings/Calves

Day 3 - Back/Shoulders/Abs

Westside For Skinny Bastards- http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459321

As far as a 6 day split, you’d have to be someone with an enormous work capacity to handle 6 days in a row. Leo Costa wrote a book called Big Beyond Belief awhile ago that was an entire system, with 4 and 6 day splits that worked in ramps towards overtraining, then lowered the volume.

I recall T-Nation poster Disc Hoss, who is one large human being, had a lot of experience with Costa’s systems. Luckily, he also seems to be quite the nice, large human being, and usually available for advice. Perhaps he could chime in or you could PM him for some advice on them should you really want to give it a try.

Kubo

what do you deadlift and how many chin ups can you do?