A New LOOK... Time to Bulk

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
I really hope you stick with this… Keep at it man.[/quote]

Thanks guys it’s really nice to hear all this support and encouragement !

Shit man I started out just as skinny if not skinnier. I’m around 6’4ish and I used to weigh 170lbs. Which is pretty emaciated if you ask me. Now I’m up 30lbs and a lot more comfortable in my sport and in my every day life. Stick with it man you’re only getting stronger.

Your numbers are going up and you seem to be eating better than 90% of people with your experience level. Keep at it.

If I want to add cardio just for cardiovascular purposes how many times a week should I do it ? And if I do how many calories do you think I should take in

[quote]mattd534 wrote:
If I want to add cardio just for cardiovascular purposes how many times a week should I do it ? And if I do how many calories do you think I should take in[/quote]
Plz no

I was just reading on here and other sites that some cardiovascular helps recovery and aids in building muscle

[quote]mattd534 wrote:
I was just reading on here and other sites that some cardiovascular helps recovery and aids in building muscle [/quote]
Maybe once a week but idk if that frequency will give you your desired effect. I’m not the one to consult on cardio though so take my advice with a grain of salt.

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]mattd534 wrote:
I was just reading on here and other sites that some cardiovascular helps recovery and aids in building muscle [/quote]
Maybe once a week but idk if that frequency will give you your desired effect. I’m not the one to consult on cardio though so take my advice with a grain of salt.[/quote]

its all good man. I can take all the advice and support I can get

2/28/15 Legs A
BB Squat :2x145x5, 150x5, x4 (Up from last week :))
-Dead lift: 215lbx4, x3, 2X210x4
-Pause BB squat: 4x130x6 (up )
-single leg curl: 3x50x12 (each leg)
-Smith Machine calf raises: 5x160x14
-BB Glute bridge:2x50x16 (wanted to work in some glute work to hep carry over to squat)

Weekly weight :149.5lb

You don’t need cardio right now.

Keep gaining strength, keep inching your bodyweight up, and keep logging it all right here. You should be getting new PR’s every time you’re in the gym. Look up some old threads on here to see how it’s done. Hungry4more, Professor X, Hanley, Josh86, Austin_Bicep, Short Hoss, Holy Mac, Kingbeef. Check out George Leeman on youtube.

Nothing against any current members, those are just some guys making great progress that I remember.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
You don’t need cardio right now.

Keep gaining strength, keep inching your bodyweight up, and keep logging it all right here. You should be getting new PR’s every time you’re in the gym. Look up some old threads on here to see how it’s done. Hungry4more, Professor X, Hanley, Josh86, Austin_Bicep, Short Hoss, Holy Mac, Kingbeef. Check out George Leeman on youtube.

Nothing against any current members, those are just some guys making great progress that I remember.[/quote]

It’s very strange for me not to be doing any cardio I guess because I have played sports like basketball and track all my life. HAHA. People hate cardio, but I actually think it’s fun and challenges the mind as much as weight lifting especially long distance

Don’t cardio until you weigh 210. Focus all your resources (food and recovery) on muscle building. If you’re worried about recovery find some mobility complexes to do and make love to a foam roller each night while you’re watching Friends on Netflix.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Don’t cardio until you weigh 210. Focus all your resources (food and recovery) on muscle building. If you’re worried about recovery find some mobility complexes to do and make love to a foam roller each night while you’re watching Friends on Netflix. [/quote]

I prefer Seinfeld :wink:

some of the cardio advice here is a little silly.

do some cardio it’s good for your health and can be enjoyable.

play basketball / jog / whatever you like to do.

advice like no cardio until you weigh 210 is totally moronic.

Todays workout: Push B: 3/1/15
-Incline BB Press: 2x90x6,x5, 85x7
-Decline Db bench : 40x11, 40x9, 40x8, 40x8 (Superset w/ DB Fly) —> 15x14, x13, x12
-Db shoulder press: 2x30x10, 30x9
-Smith Machine Close grip bench: 2x80x8, 75x8
-lateral raises: 10x13,x12,x12 ( Trying to work on form… I feel if I do 15lb dumbells I end up using momentum instead of my side delts)
-Tricep Pushdown: 30x14, x13, x12, x12

Everything went up from last week… Also dinner last night was bomb

[quote]TheCB wrote:
some of the cardio advice here is a little silly.

do some cardio it’s good for your health and can be enjoyable.

play basketball / jog / whatever you like to do.

advice like no cardio until you weigh 210 is totally moronic.

[/quote]

Did you read my whole post? I’m glad matt didn’t take me as seriously as you did.

yeah man if you hoop just hoop 1-2x a week and that’ll be enough cardio. there are health benefits to cardio, and as long as you’re not training for a 5k every 2 weeks you’ll be fine. If it’s nice outside I’ll go for a run when I’m gaining, just because it’s nice to get some sun and know I’m not a complete lunk.

Train for progress, do cardio for ‘fun’, if that makes since.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
yeah man if you hoop just hoop 1-2x a week and that’ll be enough cardio. there are health benefits to cardio, and as long as you’re not training for a 5k every 2 weeks you’ll be fine. If it’s nice outside I’ll go for a run when I’m gaining, just because it’s nice to get some sun and know I’m not a complete lunk.

Train for progress, do cardio for ‘fun’, if that makes since. [/quote]

yeah I love hoopin

Today’s workout Pull B -3/2/15
-Chinups : 5x6, 5x5, 5x5, BWx6 (first time doing weighted chinups …Gainzzz :wink: =PR
-Tbar close grip row: 80x5, 75x8, x7, x7 , 70x9 = PR
-Hammer machine row: 135x9, x10, x9 =PR
-vbar lat pulldown : 95x14, 105x9, 105x8. …superset with CABLE ROW: 65x9, 60x12, 60x11

• DB Bicep Curl : 27.5x9, 25x10, 25x10
  • Cable rope curl: 3x30x11
  • rope face pull: 30x10, x11, 25x16

Mint cookie crunch ice cream to finish off macros while studying anatomy

Sorry guys I haven’t logged in the past few days. I have had three midterms in the past two days and all I have done is study and work. I didn’t record my pull because my phone died and I use that as my training log but here are two of my last three workouts. My first one was Legs B which I PR’d on everything! Todays workout was another story I had a horrible workout . IDK if it was because I was stressed out because I had my HUGE Biology exam this morning or because I only got 3 hours of sleep HAHAH

3/4/15 Workout: Legs B
-Front squat: 120x8PR, 125x5,125X5, 120X7 ( I love front squats. I find its hard to go for high reps because you run out of breath quickly)
-DB Lunge : 47.5x8PR, x8, x7
-BB Romanian Dead: 150x7PR, x7, x5
-Leg Press: 200x9, 2x200x8, 180x12 ( I don’t know how much the leg press weighs. In other gyms I can use at least 3 plates but my this leg press machine seems a lot heavier)
-Leg curls: 125x13, x12, x12
-Leg extension: 130x13, x11, x10
-calves leg press: 180x13PR, x10, x10
-Seated calve: 90x10, x10

Todays workout 3/5/15 Push A:

• BB Bench: 115x4, x3, x3 , 110x4
  • Rack delivery W/ Press (swapping these for Military press in order to build more strength and power 4x70x4
  • Db Incline press: 40x7, x6, x6, 37.5x8
  • Hammer Strength shoulder press: 37.5x6, 35x7, 35x7
  • Close grip bench press: 90x7PR, 3x90x6
  • Tricep rope pushdown: 3x27.5x8
    Like I said previously ^^^^^ shitty workout.At least I have my St. Patrick’s Day lucky charms :wink:

Chose to work on my BB Row form by bending over to a 90 degrees angle or so my torso is parallel to the ground. Had to use less weight but I definitely felt a better contraction in my rhomboids and lats. Plus I think it will carry over to pendley rows which I will begin once I get strong enough to use 45’s on the bar. I also chose to perform weighted hammer grip pullups as my first exercise instead of Rows, which I PR’d on :slight_smile:

Today Workout 3/6/15 Pull A

• Weighted Hammer pullup : 5Ã?7 PR, 3x7.5x5 (hopefully next week I will get to 10lbs! !!)
  • BB Row: 90x7, 100x7, 105x6,x5,x4
  • DB one arm row: 45x11PR, 2x45x10,50x7
  • BB curl: 60x12, x9, x9
  • Db seated Hammer curl: 25x10PR,25x10, 25x9
  • DB shrugs: 70x14, 75x8
  • Reverse flys:65x10 , 60x10

Here’s a clip of my one arm dumbell row

Good form on your video, you did well with pulling with your elbow. Don’t be afraid to strap up if your grip is limiting the amount of weight you can use.