T Nation

A New LOOK... Time to Bulk

the best part about being THAT skinny is the gains will come quick. your scale can only go up at this point. if you were truly anorexic at one point, going on a high protein diet will really make a difference.

Figured 3000 calories was a good place to start

Is .5lb a week good?

Todays workout: Push B:
-Incline BB Press: 2x90x5, 2x85x7
-Decline Db bench : 45x9, x8, x7, 40x10 (Superset w/ standing cable chest press) —> 2x15x9, 2x15x8
-Db shoulder press: 30x10, 2x30x9
-Smith Machine Close grip bench: 75x9, 75x8, 70x9
-seated lateral raises: 3x15x9
-Pushdown: 3x25x13

After this did some jump roping for 10 minutes and static stretching

If you’re gaining weight on 3000 cals, then just stay with it until you stop. Shoot for about a pound a week right now I’d say.

Glad you’re eating the protein, but if you have an issue eating that much, replacing some of those cals from protein with carbs/fats could be beneficial. Just hitting 150-175g should be good for you.

Your routine looks decent, but I would avoid doing supersets with cables and such as you describe in one of your posts. Stick to the basics. As long as your bench press, squats, deadlifts, rows, chins, barbell curl etc are increasing, you’re doing fine.

As for diet, get on the scale once a month or bi-weekly. As long as your bodyweight is increasing (along with strength going up), you’re doing fine. If your weight plateaus, eat more. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with keeping a rough food log, but your main concern right now is simply eating enough to grow. Don’t obsess over macros, or “eating clean.”

Here is a thread you might want to read. This guy went from skinny to huge, and used to post a lot on here.

As someone who similarly started lifting after dealing with an ED (which I still battle now), just a suggestion that at least to start, you focus less on your bodyweight and meticulously gauging your bodyfat changes and instead just focus on the weights you’re lifting increasing from week to week. People on here who would advise otherwise may not really get how much the scale number of bodyweight and its increase is associated with negativity for someone recovering from something like anorexia. I wouldn’t get too meticulous about your diet to start off with unless you can honestly say to yourself that you’ve moved past the proclivity for becoming obsessive about your weight and/or food. Because ultimately you may end up substituting one negative activity for another.

Best of luck! I’ll be following along.

Thanks man il give a weekly weigh in once a week

The scale honestly has never been an issue with me . When I began my eating disorder I never did it to lose weight I had a hard time eating enough(when I mean enough I mean I are like maybe 1000cals a day while doing bball and baseball) to support my sports

I like the split, man. lol

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
If you’re gaining weight on 3000 cals, then just stay with it until you stop. Shoot for about a pound a week right now I’d say.

Glad you’re eating the protein, but if you have an issue eating that much, replacing some of those cals from protein with carbs/fats could be beneficial. Just hitting 150-175g should be good for you. [/quote]
I second this. No point in doing more than you have to. A pound a week will be 52 pounds in a year.

In brah, you’re gonna make it

Thanks bro …here’s some rice bowl from a Korean BBQ place . Sooo damn good

Your plan looks legit. All you have to do is execute and wait.

I had a similar beginning (140 pounds at 6’1"). I see a lot of compound lifts and good eating in here. You’ve got a great start!

I’m in. Seems interesting where it’ll go through.

Today’s workout Pull B:
-chinups: BWx 9,7,7,6
-Tbar row: 75x8,x7,x7,2x70x9
-seated machine row: 3x130x10
-Vbar pulldown: 120x8, 2x110x10
-Db curls: 27.5x9,x7,25x11
-Db seated hamme curl: 20Ã?12,Ã?11,Ã?10
-face pull:25x13,x12,x12

Here is 4 servings of peanut butter cup ice cream. Also some Tbar rows.

It’s a private video, you can make it an unlisted video so only only us from the forum could watch.
I can’t remember the last time I had ice cream… I’m jealous :stuck_out_tongue:

Just made it public

This should be the new “do this routine instead of that dumb one” thread. A solid balanced split. How about that?!

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
This should be the new “do this routine instead of that dumb one” thread. A solid balanced split. How about that?! [/quote]

Thanks man. Really means a lot!

Rest days suck! Should I eat the same on training days or less on rest days . Maybe cut some carbs?