A New Animal: JDM135 for 1-2-3-4 plates

Did I hear you say “strongman”?

Yes, essentially. Not to compete, but to train differently.

3 Likes

Funny enough I hadn’t read this when I posted on my log a second ago, this just makes me double down in my comment!

1 Like

10/25 Thursday
2.1 mile predawn walk holding baby.

Intend to eat a lot of Thanksgiving turkey or ham or whatever my BIL is serving today. Hoping to get a squat session Friday.
Spinal erectors are really feeling the deadlifts.

5 Likes

Took a couple mirror photos last night. One kinda flexed, one relaxed.
I’m “fat” now, no question. I’m also a hell of a lot stronger and carrying more muscle; I can lose the fat later. And to be fair scale weight isn’t outrageous- about 190, and I was 178 around June 1st iirc.
Keep going, keep eating, ignore the belly and squat.

10 Likes

Kind of in the same general place myself, although you got a few pounds on me at the moment. How tall are you again?

But anyway, this is the way.

1 Like

6’0"

1 Like

That seems to be the default around here.

1 Like

Yep it’s like land of the giants :joy:

1 Like

We could start our own sub-forum for just us more traditional sized folk.

3 Likes

Yea cutting and chasing strength at the same time can be a bit pointless, you’re doing great and as you say you can lose fat later. Plus you’ll be in great position for the transformation!

2 Likes

Sub-forum seems so demeaning though…

2 Likes

Co-Forum? Affiliate Forum? We’d give it an appropriate name. Little Dudez and Big Gainz. The Shire. I don’t know, let’s spitball something.

2 Likes

11/26 Friday
Quick and dirty.

Squats at 235:
4x5, 1x7 absolutely miserable.
BPAs 5x25ish

Bench press:
5x1 at 205
Pullups: 5x1

Curls:
1x50, empty barbell.

I know I need BSS. Must find a way to make up later today, 5x10 each side unweighted. Posting here as a commitment device.

7 Likes

Just left the hardware store with 150lb of sand @alex_uk @Bagsy as well as 150lb of concrete mix.
The concrete mix will keep me busy setting fence posts this weekend, and once the real work is done I can pour the sand into my old seabag.
Figure 150lb is ok to start.

5 Likes

I am planning to do the same thing this weekend. Going to Lowe’s to pick up some pea gravel and wood pellets.

1 Like

Do you think your lower density mix will be easier or harder to handle than sand?

I think the sandbag will be difficult to handle either way. I want pea gravel because it is less dusty than sand, and it doesn’t absorb moisture. Wood pellets would help me more I think because they often come bagged in lighter weights (e.g. 20 lb), so I can use a smaller jump.

1 Like

Evening draws in and these haven’t happened. Fence building, gutter cleaning, Christmas tree erection, (verb not noun @Cyrrex I know what you’re gonna say) and finally family time. If I don’t weird up family time by doing these off the couch tonight, I’ll do em in the morning.

5 Likes

Just promise me you were careful with the balls.

1 Like