A Neurotic Dieter + Doggcrapp Training = The Most Detailed Log on T-Nation Ever

If I were you I would probably push the training session over to tomorrow to ensure having a solid session

1 Like

@danteism Yep. This has to be related to my central nervous system and recovery.

Good news is, today I can make my Greek yogurt protein flour pizza crust.

Ever try that?

1 Like

I haven’t tried that, I must admit, when I think of pizza Greek yoghurt and protein flour are not the first things that come to my mind :smiley:

Is there a secret to how it’s done or is it just like this:

Step one: mix the ingredients
Step two: enjoy

?

I messed the ingredients up. It isnt protein flour.

Basically,

• 1 cup PLAIN greek yogurt (nonfat if you want, it is super high protein, low sugar)
  • 1 cup self rising flour
  • 1 egg

Mix together, and it makes a kickass dough.

1 Like

Gotta try that when I get the opportunity, sadly I’m on a diet at the moment

Think you’re just getting burnt out from DC which is pretty common. Thib’s ‘best damn natural program’ took a lot from DC and loads of similar reports back like this…

Thib recommends for one week only choose machines and drop the 2 rest pause and just do the one all out set, (stop one rep short of failure even). Then slowly add back one widowmaker to workouts, then one rest pause etc

What is your primary goal adding muscle or leaning out? havent read every post but seems unclear, maybe trying to pull yourself in too many directions

Goal is to add muscle at the moment. I over doing DC as well, just loved going all out on one set, but yea I crash.

Maybe it’s the % of rm? Instead of failing at 6-8 reps on big lift I should fail at 8-12?

Or perhaps the answer is to go hard for 3/4 workouts then do a neural charge session, or deload every 3rd week.

Or only do one big compound lift each session to just shy of failure, and keep the intensity techniques for machines and isolation

Edit: oh just saw you were quoting me from another thread. Didn’t mean to hijack

Honestly, it was to try and lean out a little bit, but it is becoming evident that this may not be possible on DC training, however over at the “official” DC forum they have guys that claim that they have done DC on a deficit, I assumed it was going to be possible and went with it.

I am soft and around 17+ percent bodyfat so I know not optimal for weight gain right now.

Still, I am around 3 weeks in and figured it would not be this hard so fast :neutral_face:

Then there is always this, from the t-nation interview/article on it

No worries, please feel free to discuss here too, if you’d like.
I was not aware that the other program was like DC as much.

Log update may 24, 2017

Woke up feeling strong and recovered entirely.
I ate a regular diet yesterday with the exception of skipping breakfast and keeping carbs under 300g, meaning fat was a tad higher.

I ended up around 3100 again.
Lots of dryers (aka edy’s) low far slow churned ice cream before bed.

I’ll be shooting for 200+ g protein from here on in and basing my diet on that as a priority

This is how the pizza turned out

TRAINING FOR 5-24-17

So back at it.
Everything saw improvements.
Good stuff.

Attached is the log and a form check on the deadlift rebuild.

1 Like

I’m 6 feet 1 and weigh 185 currently. Very similar build to yourself from your videos. I am a RV mechanic so I move around quite a bit during the day and physically exert myself maybe 2-3 hours per day.

I don’t know dc training too well, but it looks pretty high intensity wise. When I tried leaning out and doing HI training I just didn’t have it. I did find balance where my weight maintained but my body composition changed dramatically over a 10-12 week period. 6 day a week training is just too brutal these days for me as I’m an old 35, lol

yes, this is about right. super intensity, with rest pause sets going to failure on each set (so 3x mini sets and each to failure).

I am finding that unless I eat around 3000 a day I am also done. I will post that in the update I make here.

1 Like

MAY 25 2017 - PROTEIN PROTEIN EVERYWHERE

One of the best things I ever did years ago was eat protein first and base everything else around that, and that is precisely what I am doing now.

An example would be waking up and eating 1 cup of fat free low sugar greek yogurt (24g protein) and 1.5 scoops of universal nutrition egg and milk protein (36g protein) and a little walden farms chocolate syrup (no calories)

This is super low fat (I think 2g), 12g carb, and 60g protein.

I will do another 60g protein stop and then later on eat a big protein based meal.

End of the day I will do carbs, and whereas before I would keep carbs low on a day like today, I am not sure I can do that.

I am not eating carbs during the day in any noticeable amount so I can indeed say this is a carb backloading type setup without feeling I am a cheater lol.

What about fat intake?
Are you taking most of the fat in during the day (on the low carb meals) or are you taking it in at the same time as the carbs/on a completely different day?

Fat sorts itself out, I usually end up between 55-85g a day. I’m less concerned about fst types than I should be but in a product of flexible dieting mindset.

1 Like

Eggs, red meat, olive oil and fish oil are my staples, so far they are working

I’d say that if fast food is not your main fat source you’ll be good to go, but if you are interested in that stuff, you could look further into it

I know that Dante has a hard on for tablespoons of olive oil, but his diet principles or what has leaked from his work on it are a lot of bro science.

So long as I am as you said, avoiding fast food. I do not eat fast food.

Actually I cook a lot in an air fryer.
This is low fat but awesome.
12.9 of Boneless skinless chicken breast
10 oz potato
2 oz lasko breadcrumbs
1 egg for making the breadcrumbs stick.

1 Like

my appetite is crazy and what the fuck already…

I can’t ever remember being this hungry. I was a fat guy even and I can’t recall wanting to eat the world like this.

And not even two days ago on them there keto macros I had to force myself to eat.

Of course that was due to the overtraining I can guarantee you.

Now though. Oh boy, all bets are off.

Is this normal on DC training?

1 Like

It’s normal and it’s something you really want to happen if you are bulking