T Nation

A Most Do Before I Die, Even If It Kills Me

It would take a little training, but this would be absolutely intense. I think I’ll start saving my money right now.

http://www.killsometime.com/video/Video.asp?ID=1040

I’ve seen this before and still find it amazing. There’s another, motorized version, being shown on the cover of Popular Science…still in the design stages. Looks awesome and crazy all wrapped up in one little package. :slight_smile:

That guy’s balls must be a lot bigger than mine.

Must do, sir. Must do.

I’d just like to mention that the guy was arrested for reckless endangerment of himself and other people, and going way above the legal speed limit on a public road.

Sure, looks and probably feels awesome, but I wouldn’t want some guy swerving to avoid me because I drifted into his lane and having him go off the side of the road.

We called that “street luge” back in the seventies. We used to do it on skateboards, feet forward, with no protective gear. Not that fast, though.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
We called that “street luge” back in the seventies. We used to do it on skateboards, feet forward, with no protective gear. Not that fast, though.

[/quote]

How do you stop?

Awesome. At first I was thinking “good thing there are no cars in the road,” then cars and motorcycles started popping up.

I agree that he should be arrested, but that’s still awesome.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

How do you stop?[/quote]

It looks like you might be able to stop (or at least slow down) by angling your arms and feet, similar to doing a “christmas tree” stop in skiing.

When you see him tailing the motorcycle, it looks like he can match speed fairly efficiently doing that.

The equipment is designed in Paris and will cost about 1500 euros once it is available. The suit this guy wears is custom made and costs a lot more. The video was taken in Switzerland.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I agree that he should be arrested, but that’s still awesome.[/quote]

Actually, as I mentioned, he was. I live in Switzerland, where this was filmed, and there was a story in the paper about his arrest.

Police refused to comment on how they had found out who it was, but it seems that they managed somehow.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

How do you stop?[/quote]

When you finally hit something.

If it’s a must do before you die, I’d put it towards the bottom of your bucket list. :slight_smile:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Must do, sir. Must do.[/quote]

I thought he wanted to do Donny Most.

Here is a link to Jean-Yves Blondeau’s website. More videos that really show how he controls his motion.

http://www.buggy-rollin.com/buggyrollin_flash_us.htm