I am writing to all to hear opinions on something that I am heavily interested in starting, a quality bodybuilding blog. Blog business are practically free to start and require almost no overhead as they can be bootstrapped completely.
Being that I am a registered dietitian and aspiring natural bodybuilder and simply love to write, I thought this is a type of blog that would be near effortless to run, being that I simply love this sport, as well as nutrition.
I cannot say that I have scoured hundreds of bodybuilding blogs. However, I believe there are few of them. And most of the ones that I have seen simply provide information on how skinny dudes can “gain mass”, you know - tips and tricks.
I do not want a blog like that. I want a blog for the people such as the ones found on this forum, men and women who take bodybuilding quite seriously - people who “live” for this!
Though we might not be the next Dorian or Ronnie, we attend events, perhaps compete, personal train, buy magazines and information products, and follow the sport as closely as people follow baseball, football, and basketball. I want a bodybuilding blog that caters to the bodybuilding everyman.
For this blog, I have some ideas:
- Contest updates and footage (since I attend many)(pics and/or video clips).
- My personal experiences and insights on bodybuilding
- (Perhaps) some training advice, though I would not to turn this into a “strength and conditioning” site.
- Product and supplement reviews (basically shameless plus of products I truly believe in).
- Comments section.
- Promotion of my services as an RD - nutritionist.
- Full blown articles written by myself or guest writers.
- Anything else that tickles my fancy.
I would like to title it something like:
“The Bodybuilding Everyman” or “The Bodybuilding Layman”
What does everyone think. I am quite serious about starting it as it is low risk and will be about something I love and can be updated and worked on from the comfort of my own room.
I would like CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and pessimism (yup, i I think its warranted before starting a business, even though one like this can be started with ten bucks). Those who have nothing but destructive cynicism and negativity - please don’t comment.
Thanks to all.