T Nation

A Message to Israel from Iran

Here's an interesting article about a speech recently given by the President of Iran.

I don't think he can be any more clear about his intentions.

How would you like to be reading this story in Israel?

Any thoughts?

Iran Leader Calls for Israel?s Destruction.

And Iran will soon have nuclear weapons.

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran?s hard-line president called for Israel to be ?wiped off the map? and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

?There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world,? Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called ?The World without Zionism.?

?Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation?s fury, (while) any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world,? Ahmadinejad said.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran?s Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

?As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,? said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August and replaced Mohammad Khatami, a reformist who advocated international dialogue and tried to improve Iran?s relations with the West.

Ahmadinejad referred to Israel?s recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip as a ?trick,? saying Gaza was already a part of Palestinian lands and the pullout was designed to win acknowledgment of Israel by Islamic states.

?The fighting in Palestine is a war between the (whole) Islamic nation and the world of arrogance,? Ahmadinejad said, using Tehran?s propaganda epithet for the United States and Israel. ?Today, Palestinians are representing the Islamic nation against arrogance.?

They have cklearly proven themselves trustworthy and stable.

Lets make sure they acquire nukes!

I think it's very difficult for some living in the USA to understand the sort of environment that Israel lives with day after day, They are virtually surrounded by enemies.

Iran has made it quite clear their intentions. It should be made clear by the US (which they have) that we will stand behind Israel at any cost!

I just wrote something on my blog about this earlier today. It still amazes me that people will seek to paint Israel as this brutal oppressor (mind you, they ain't perfect, but I take their side in 90% of what goes on in the region), but as ZEB pointed out... don't you think you MIGHT have a more hard line position on things when surrounded by nations that simply want you to go away completely?

The PLO was never just about a free, independent Palestine... they wanted (and still want) the destruction of an Israeli state. I'm sure there are more countries who feel the same as Iran, but just don't go broadcasting it around.

And even further than this, it's not as if they just want Israel gone for some kind of political reasons... it's for religious reasons. It's a bigoted reason, plain and simple.

I agree with Zeb...

And the Isreali's will not hesitate to unlease the Nuclear Firepower beneath the Negev Desert...

As Ariel Sharon once said:

"...Arabs may have the oil, but we have the matches..."

Mufasa

WW3 in the making...

Part of me wonders if Iran is not taking a cue from North Korea of raising an enormous stink, declaring that the world is against them, blah blah blah just to get concessions out of the U.S. and Europe. Just a hunch.

I don't think many nations will jump to the support of Iran.

My guess is Israel will settle this problem for all of is in the near future.

Good thing Iraq's newly elected democratic government will be nothing more than a puppet of Iran.

Brilliant!

I agree. It's amazing how tough the Iran's and the PLO's and the other Islamo-facist states act.

It's like a bunch of kids taunting the neighborhood pitbull while he's chained up and wearing a muzzle.

There's not a country - or ten - over there right now that would last more than a week against an unchained, unmuzzled Israel.

No kidding. Six Day War, anyone?

i just think its nice to know that we're in Iraq.

I know im going to get flamed for this but i say that we let them fight their own war for control over israel.

I know that we have to help them out now b/c we created israel after WW2. But, couldnt we have just encouraged their migration or something? Give each jew $10,000 and land would probably be cheaper than being the only string holding Israel up. I've never met a dumb jew and every one of em that i know is a hard worker i would be proud to call all of them americans.

Just... wow. You have an absolutely fundamental misunderstanding as to why that spot of Earth where Israel resides makes all the difference.

They're called books - read some.

Considering Iran's state sponsored terrorist organization, Hezbollah, is eager to wreak havoc in the Middle East, peace is, really, nowhere in sight.

I can't help but think back to the early '80's when Iraq was developing it's nuclear program. Israel took matters into it's own hands and, voila, no more nukes for the wacky Iraqi.

It kind of reminded me of Mr. Garrison's history lesson in the first episode of South Park.
"And Nepoleon fought the Hebrews . . . and later discovered France . . ."

What about the Russians supplying Iran with the Nuclear technology. Is Russias economic state really that bad to have to resort to selling nuclear technology, and how much are they getting. Wow, this is bad, bad, bad, bad fucking news.

If any of you guys have the interest and a free hour or two, this hundred-page report from the National Defense University presents exactly the opposite case: living with a nuclear-armed Iran is a better policy than trying to prevent it. Whether we even could prevent Iran from going nuclear is an open question.

http://www.ndu.edu/inss/mcnair/mcnair69/McNairPDF.pdf

I'd be more worried about Pakistan than Iran anyway. In Iran, the people in charge (though not the population as a whole) may hate America, but the theocracy is in no hurry to face American or Israeli nukes. In Pakistan, you have a tottering dictatorship where someone tries to off the president every few weeks and the army has no control in large swathes of the country. Nukes in the hands of the wrong country are far less worrisome than nukes up for grabs.

Yes.

We are in the middle of it right now.