A Matter of Ethics...

I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to (anonymously) get the word out.

I’m too simple minded. The only ethical question I see here is, “how big of a jackass would you be if you didn’t let other people know.”

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
My old man just got home from the job, and told me that he informed the owner’s son (a guy in his 30’s- not kid).[/quote]

Well, looks like the word’s out now.

[quote]To make things worse, this guy is “dating” a woman who works in the same section (the nursery of a garden center).
[/quote]

I don’t know much about garden centres, but I hope you can tell me that a “nursery” has something to do with saplings, and not with other peoples kids.

[quote]rsg wrote:
He cut his wife’s head off and he’s not serving a triple life sentence or something similar?[/quote]

He must not of had any pot on him.

My old man just got home from the job, and told me that he informed the owner’s son (a guy in his 30’s- not kid). The son was dumbfounded; as far as he knew, the guy was “married before, but in some kind of abusive relationship”. Apparently he didn’t mention the whole “hacksaw to the neck” thing.

To make things worse, this guy is “dating” a woman who works in the same section (the nursery of a garden center). This broad is also nearly schizophrenic, and seems barely able to take care of herself. She talks to inanimate objects, mumbles incoherently, and (ironically, hah) talks about her Church all the time.

Like I said, I found out the whole thing is true…my neighbor is the cop that arrested him.

I couldn’t make this shit up if I tried…I’m actually speechless. Which, if you knew me, is a big fuckin rarity.
[/quote]

A murderer, a lunatic and other “disreputable characters…”

I am never going to another garden center as long as I live.

Oh, and to the guy who asked what the murderer answered on teh “have you ever been convicted of a felony? if yes, please describe” and thought that the managers MUST know about it … very often NO background checks are performed on employees. They’re basically taking your word for it when you answer “no.”

He said the guy probably served about 18 years, and he thought it was fucked up that the guy was out. Sometimes I hate New Jersey.[/quote]

18 years for murder one, and a particularly gruesome one at that? Doesn’t sound right to me. Either the story is embellished or he’s got one hell of a lawyer.

If he was a sex offender everyone would already know about it, and he would probably not be hired in the first place. I fail to understand why someone who brutally murders someone is not as bad as someone who commits a sex offence. I am not sure how I would go about letting everyone know, but I would figure out a way.
I am guessing everyone is going to know pretty soon anyway.

Jesus H Christ…spread the word anonymously if you have to, but let people know. Killing people outside of military stuff under order is as fucked up as it can be, and decaptitation ? OMFG !

More’s to the point, fuck anonymity, people deserve to know they are working with a convicted murderer and a gruesome one at that.

Can a man who decapitates and dismembers the woman he’s sworn to love, honor and protect ever really reform? I suppose he convinced the parole board (or the mental institution, or both) that he had become devoutly religious.

Wait…this guy’s nickname wouldn’t happen to be “Headhunter”, would it?

(Sorry, HH, that was cruel)

Seriously, though, I think you would be doing a disservice to your female co-workers by remaining silent. That said, I don’t think it would be a good idea to go to the boss. I don’t know if it was such a good idea for your dad to have gone to the boss’ son. Who knows whether this guy is insane enough to want revenge if he ends up losing his job because someone exposed him as a murderer.

Speaking of revenge, though, this ex-wife of his…does she have any brothers or cousins who might be interested in knowing where this guy lives and works? You never know, they just might take care of the problem for you.

This is a hard one, brother. Stay sharp.

V

To make things worse, this guy is “dating” a woman who works in the same section (the nursery of a garden center). This broad is also nearly schizophrenic, and seems barely able to take care of herself. She talks to inanimate objects, mumbles incoherently, and (ironically, hah) talks about her Church all the time.

[/quote]

Now that’s what I call natural selection!

Drop pamphlets all over the place so everyone sees them.

It might be fun to see his reaction when there are pamphlets all over the floors and counters talking about what he did.

He may just loose it right there and you can all be on the 6:00 news in some kind of hostage situation.

Sure would make your work-week a whole lot less boring. Just make sure the pamphlets are anonymous.

[quote]Kayrob wrote:
If he was a sex offender everyone would already know about it, and he would probably not be hired in the first place. I fail to understand why someone who brutally murders someone is not as bad as someone who commits a sex offence. I am not sure how I would go about letting everyone know, but I would figure out a way.
I am guessing everyone is going to know pretty soon anyway.[/quote]

Alot of the sex offenders law is due to the extremely high incidence of commiting the same act again. They are said to have the highest rate of recidivism/ lowest rate of rehabillitation, along with not only no sense of remorse, but no sense that what they did was even wrong.

On the other hand, some of the murderers and attempted murder guys that I have met(I have my own bit of bad history)Knew that what they did was wrong, and did regret doing it. One scarry thing though- Some didn’t have any remorse for killing or trying to kill someone, they were just remorsefull of having been caught.

Playing the devil’s advocate…Is it possible that the story is exaggerated? I mean, is it possible he killed his wife during a very physical argument, she’s abused him badly numerous times in the past, and he was “over” defending himself? I know you mentioned the word dismembered…But what exactly are the facts and how are they known?

[quote]apayne wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Now that’s what I call natural selection!
[/quote]

You know, in general I hate reality shows, but that sounds like one I could watch!

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

He said the guy probably served about 18 years, and he thought it was fucked up that the guy was out. Sometimes I hate New Jersey.

18 years for murder one, and a particularly gruesome one at that? Doesn’t sound right to me. Either the story is embellished or he’s got one hell of a lawyer.

[/quote]

I’m wondering if their was a plea of insanity or mental illness.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Kayrob wrote:
I am guessing everyone is going to know pretty soon anyway.

Alot of the sex offenders law is due to the extremely high incidence of commiting the same act again. They are said to have the highest rate of recidivism/ lowest rate of rehabillitation, along with not only no sense of remorse, but no sense that what they did was even wrong.

On the other hand, some of the murderers and attempted murder guys that I have met(I have my own bit of bad history)Knew that what they did was wrong, and did regret doing it. One scarry thing though- Some didn’t have any remorse for killing or trying to kill someone, they were just remorsefull of having been caught.

[/quote]

I agree with this, if you have a child molester, that urge cannot be cured, in much the same way you cannot “cure” a homosexual. The urge is there and it will always be to some extent, and people need to be made aware so they can take measures to protect themselves. The deal with murderers, is that they can be pushed over the edge as this guy sounds like he was, and I think its just as important to know you are dealing with someone who may not be right in the head and could erupt so to speak

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Oh, and to the guy who asked what the murderer answered on teh “have you ever been convicted of a felony? if yes, please describe” and thought that the managers MUST know about it … very often NO background checks are performed on employees. They’re basically taking your word for it when you answer “no.”[/quote]

Not in my line of work.

[quote]Bullmoose wrote:
To make things worse, this guy is “dating” a woman who works in the same section (the nursery of a garden center).

I don’t know much about garden centres, but I hope you can tell me that a “nursery” has something to do with saplings, and not with other peoples kids.[/quote]

LMAO!

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
rsg wrote:
He cut his wife’s head off and he’s not serving a triple life sentence or something similar?

He must not of had any pot on him.[/quote]

LMAO some more!

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
Playing the devil’s advocate…Is it possible that the story is exaggerated? I mean, is it possible he killed his wife during a very physical argument, she’s abused him badly numerous times in the past, and he was “over” defending himself? I know you mentioned the word dismembered…But what exactly are the facts and how are they known? [/quote]

No, it’s not embellished. He got a hacksaw, tried to cut her head off, and the blade apparently broke in her throat.

He proceeded to decapitate her, hid the head under the bed, and then dismembered her, Mafia style. His own father turned him in.

This comes from the mouth of the cop who arrested him. He said that it was one of the more…gruesome things he’d seen being a cop.

I shit you not.