A Logic Riddle or Two

Are you smart enough? :wink:

The Two Riddles

1. You are on a small forested island surrounded by sharks. A fire has started on the northern side of the island. The wind is blowing from north to south, and the fire is spreading. You cannot get into the water, or else you will be supper for the sharks. You also have no boats. How do you save your skin?

2. There are four men and there are four hats, two blue and two brown. Each man is wearing a hat, but for some odd reasons (for the sake of the riddle) he cannot see the colour of his own hat (which is either blue or brown) nor takes it off his head. Three of the men stand each one behind another facing a wall. The man furthest from the wall sees the two men in front with their hats. The middle man sees only one man with his hat in front. The man nearest the wall sees only the wall. The fourth man is on the other side of the wall, and he also only sees the wall.

They are trying to find out the colour of the hat he himself is wearing. Which man is the first to know the answer? You must arrive at your answer by logical reasoning.

1. It all depends. If the two guys closest to the wall on the side of three are both wearing the same color, the guy behind both of them immediately knows he is wearing the other color. If they are different, this guy does not know and by not speaking up, he lets the guy in the middle know that his hat is different from the guy in front of him, so he would be the first in this case.

Still thinking about #1.

1. Throw water on the fire
  2. The first guy who takes off his hat and looks at it.

i hate riddles.

One of my favorites:

The Maker makes it, but doesn’t want it. The Buyer buys it, but doesn’t need it. The User uses it, but doesn’t know he’s using it. What is it?

[quote]Carnak wrote:
One of my favorites:

The Maker makes it, but doesn’t want it. The Buyer buys it, but doesn’t need it. The User uses it, but doesn’t know he’s using it. What is it?[/quote]

Coffin

[quote]jnnak wrote:
Carnak wrote:
One of my favorites:

The Maker makes it, but doesn’t want it. The Buyer buys it, but doesn’t need it. The User uses it, but doesn’t know he’s using it. What is it?

Coffin
[/quote]

Yep

#1: Is digging a tunnel permitted?

DB

1 - Set another fire towards the south side of the island. Stand in the bit between the two fires and wait until your smaller fire has run out of trees to burn then walk into that bit while the other fire burns out.

Hoping at all times that the wind doesn’t change.

What do I win?

This might help visualise the hat riddle 

Here’s another 

You are faced with two doors and each of the doors has a guardian. If you go through the wrong door you die. If you go through the right door you live.

One guardian always tells the truth and the other always lies. You don’t know which is which though.

You are allowed one question to one guardian to try and figure out which door to go through.

What’s your question?

There is a very similar riddle as to number 2, but with some altered details (like the first man who knows the colour of his hat is supposed to shout it out. If he gets it wrong, all the men die. If he gets it right, they survive. Also, in that one, it is specifically stated that there are 2 brown hats, and 2 black hats.)

I know the answer to the version I just described (which is easier because of the extra information. I can’t solve the one Shire posted though.

[quote]Renton wrote:
Here’s another 

You are faced with two doors and each of the doors has a guardian. If you go through the wrong door you die. If you go through the right door you live.

One guardian always tells the truth and the other always lies. You don’t know which is which though.

You are allowed one question to one guardian to try and figure out which door to go through.

What’s your question?[/quote]

“What’s the colour of an orange?”

[quote]Renton wrote:
Here’s another 

What’s your question?[/quote]

“Which door would the other guardian tell me is safe?”

[quote]doogie wrote:
“Which door would the other guardian tell me is safe?”[/quote]

Doogie wins. :slight_smile:

#2 - the second guy shouts out the answer. He thinks to himself "I can see a blue hat infront of me. The guy behind me can see my hat and the blue hat. So if I was wearing a blue hat too, the guy behind me would see 2 blue hats and shout out. He hasn’t said anything so I must be wearing brown.

I like these 

What is next in this sequence

?

Wrong so far :slight_smile:

wrong? WRONG??? GRRRRRRRR!

Shire - if these are some weird ass alternative answers you’re thinking of I’m going to come round there and bitch slap you.

Mate it took me a year to solve them there riddles :slight_smile: They are not as easy as you all seem to believe!

[quote]Renton wrote:
I like these 

What is next in this sequence

?[/quote]