T Nation

A Little Motivation/Help

its been a while but im still plugging away.

Just going to give the updated diet to see what the pros (you guys) think

8 wake up, make 3 eggs and have 2 scoops of protein with water and ice

11 have a can of tuna with some chopped onion and a fruit on the side

1 have lunch, ussually a decent sized salad with some sort of meat in it, whether it be lean ground beef, chicken breast or some chopped steak

3 another fruit

around 5 or 6 ill either go for my run (3 times a week) or go to the gym (2 times a week) then come home and make dinner
ussually either a steak, chicken or ground beef once again (ill mix in some veggies with the ground beef once and a while because I cant find any veggies I really like) and have a salad with dinner

around 10 or so ill have another protein shake (2 scoops) and then go to bed around 11 or 12

the salads are 95% of the time just balsamic vinegar with equal part extra virgin olive oil with a little but of dijon mustart mixed as the dressing.

the only other thing I take is 1 fish oil pill in the morning and one with dinner.

Just looking for some feedback on the diet and ALWAYS looking for some simple ideas for meals for work.

Once again thanks a lot for your time. Without you guys and girls I would have never of pulled off the changes I have already made. THANK YOU

o damn, I forgot to ask about one more thing…
I know some people are against it but what is the real facts behind having a diet soda?
Im not going to bullshit anyone, a diet soda is the one thing that makes me not feel like im on such a restricated diet.

Is the one can every day or two going to effect anything?
How about coffee? I just drink it black with no cream or milk (carbs) with a sugar twin in it.

anyone?

not trying to be anoying but i need some insight!
hope to hear from you

[quote]carltmac wrote:
o damn, I forgot to ask about one more thing…
I know some people are against it but what is the real facts behind having a diet soda?
Im not going to bullshit anyone, a diet soda is the one thing that makes me not feel like im on such a restricated diet.

Is the one can every day or two going to effect anything?
How about coffee? I just drink it black with no cream or milk (carbs) with a sugar twin in it.

[/quote]

I’m not an authority on the subject, but from what I’ve heard, aspartame (the sweetener in most diet sodas) can mess with your brain chemistry. However, it shouldn’t be an issue with regard to your macronutrient ratios.

I also wouldn’t worry about the coffee.

Based on how you describe the situation, it seems as though the negative psychological impact of not having the diet soda/coffee would be worse than the negative nutritional impact of having them.

It might help if you provided some info about you (stats, etc.) and your goals.

Hey men! your diet looks very good for me. I’m not dieting or smth but I did it once, for long time and now I just hope that I’ll be helpful.

First of all, coffee is OK! of course U need energy! U should try it even before your workouts, just to have little more power.

U should definitely try a Cottage cheese before bed, it’s very good, full of protein that can be absorb in long time, for example especially during sleep.

You also shouldn’t be afraid so much about carbs in fruits or veggies! U know, you have work, you train, U just need them, not too much but U just need them! and carbs in fruits or veggies are just OK, best of all…

In the place of sugar U can use honey… much healthier.

I always think that dieting should be more like: eat a lot protein, eat everything clean, eat healthy and with appetite and eat 6 times a day. I never really care about numbers and calculations, right now I ‘feel’ what I can eat, or what I can’t eat and what will be good for me.