T Nation

A Little Help w/ Nate Green's BFS

I started Nate Green's Built For Show program nearly 6 weeks ago. So I'm about to enter into the second phase of the Fall program. So for the first phase workouts weeks went 4x8, 5x5, and 3x12 regardless of which workout it was.

Now looking at the second phase the reps have changed to 6x5, 4x10, 3x15, and so on. For some reason I'm not seeing a pattern for how the weeks are supposed to look.

Can anyone who has gone through the program or has read the book give me an idea of what my weeks should look like?

I had the same problem when I went through it. I took it to be a misprint and interpreted it as the first phase.

You’ve got 3 intensities, heavy, medium and light. For the first phase, these are
heavy: 5x5
medium: 4x8
light: 3x12

For the second phase they’re
heavy: 6x5
medium: 4x10
light: 3x15

First phase goes medium, heavy, light, so I went with the same for the second phase.

The short answer is Monday is 4x10, Wednesday is 6x5 and Friday is 3x15.

My interpretation anyway. If you want confirmation, post on Nate’s thread on the Authors Locker Room forum http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_author/nate_green_qa

Thanks, I’ll check out his Locker Room to see if anyone asked a similar question there before I post another. I think your interpretation is right though so I may not ask Nate personally. Response much appreciated.