T Nation

A Little Bit Leaner, Even Meaner, USMC

*updated goals and program:

Following Juggernaut 2.0 except substituting bench with power cleans.

Short term goals:

350: Squat
450: Deadlift
175: OHP:
245: Power Clean

2015 Goals:
405: Squat
500: Deadlift
275: Power Clean
225: OHP

Giving TBT a Try
Giving TBT a Try
Giving TBT a Try
First Prep, Where to Start?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
12/03/2013 OHP
[/quote]

12/04/2013

12/05/2013

12/02/2013

This was the first Beyond workout, but the TM was too much and I switched to then strength template.

Squat 12/08/2013:

Great to see some ambitious goals. I look forward to seeing you attain them.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Great to see some ambitious goals. I look forward to seeing you attain them.[/quote]

They better happen Jim Wendler promised!

J/K, It’s gonna happen, stay tuned!

OHP 12/09/2013

Deadlift_12/10/2013

Bench 12/12/2013

Should be a check, not a 7, next to the last set of bench.

Squat 12/14/2013

Sunday 12/15/2013

Walked .5 miles on treadmill @ 15 incline with 15kg pack on.

I mean’t to throw this out there a few weeks ago. Better late than never!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sm09985

I had the chance to train at Iron Athletics in Forrest Hill, MD a few weeks ago. The owner, Steve Mattheu (Picture 8 of FB), is one of the nicest guys I’ve met and a beast. He let me train (free of charge I might add) while my wife worked with one of the other trains (Rich also a very nice guy).

The gym is awesome. It’s a little small, but has a lot of equipment most placed do not have including a Yolk, stones, bumper plates, etc…If you’re in MD looking for a place for Crossfit, O Lifts, etc… I strongly suggest giving Iron Athletics a try.

^ White box of death is Steve’s youtube page and here is a pic of his gym.

When do you use the pins in a rack, and when do you use the straps? I’ve never seen both on the same piece of equipment (usually just straps on a monolift).

And walking with a pack sucks. I just did it for the first time yesterday, 2.5 miles with 25lbs through the snow. Lots of respect for anyone who does that.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
When do you use the pins in a rack, and when do you use the straps? I’ve never seen both on the same piece of equipment (usually just straps on a monolift).
[/quote]
I think that was just for the stock photo to show the equipment off. Pins could be used for rack pulls, the yellow straps are TRX straps I think. I’ve only been to Iron Athletics once, I’m not a member. I just wanted to give the owner props for being very cool. Plus, I legit like the facility.

[quote]
And walking with a pack sucks. I just did it for the first time yesterday, 2.5 miles with 25lbs through the snow. Lots of respect for anyone who does that.[/quote]

Dude, it’s brutal especially if you add an incline. I remember the humps in boots camp being rough, but not bad. Adding an incline with 15kg on my back had me breathing pretty hard.

It’s so simple to do though. We’ll see how effective it is.

OHP 12/17/2013

Hell yes!

Deadlift 12/18/2013