A Lesson To Learn From Kai Greene And Oscar

Not sure about the link policy, so just google
Road to the Arnold: Kai Greene trains back with Dorian

There are two parts.

I find Oscar’s and Kai’s attitude pretty great. Kai is a big dude and one of the top bodybuilders in the world, yet, when Dorian speaks HE LISTENS and does as Dorian says. At the level, he displays an incredible willingness to learn. There is no “I’m this and that”, there is just a humble approach.

Thought I would post it as CC, Prof X and other guys are drilling into our a little bit younger heads to listen to the vets both here and at the gym. IF Kai has stuff to learn and displays that kind of attidude, then sure as hell so do I…in a much bigger scale though.

Amen bro!

I found Oscar’s facial expressions pretty hilarious, as well.

Just throwin’ that out there…

Kai’s my favorite right now not just because of how far hes come bodybuilding wise and the big improvements physique wise hes made but because of his attitude and inteligence

I was thinking about it today, in the 90’s and so on when Ronnie was owning the stage I look back at videos and Im like why didn’t Flex or Levrone ever get the trophy type thing you know and it just relates to whats happening now in terms of Phil Heath. Two years ago when he was gonna do the O everyone was like FUUUCK yeah Heath ftw! And then didnt and then because he got sick and messed his water retention last year, its seems to pass him by now… I mean Kai is now that guy everyones cheering! I wonder if in the next decade we look back and see all the great physiques that stood with Jay and never won, will be like looking back at the 90s type situation.

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
I was thinking about it today, in the 90’s and so on when Ronnie was owning the stage I look back at videos and Im like why didn’t Flex or Levrone ever get the trophy type thing you know and it just relates to whats happening now in terms of Phil Heath. Two years ago when he was gonna do the O everyone was like FUUUCK yeah Heath ftw! And then didnt and then because he got sick and messed his water retention last year, its seems to pass him by now… I mean Kai is now that guy everyones cheering! I wonder if in the next decade we look back and see all the great physiques that stood with Jay and never won, will be like looking back at the 90s type situation.[/quote]

The average length of time for fame for these guys is about 5 years at best. If they don’t make it to be Mr. Olympia within 5 years of them being “the hot topic”, then they can usually kiss it goodbye.

Everyone when I was a kid thought Shawn ray should have been winning a few of those Olympias. I never understood why he didn’t. You still can’t beat his proportions at that weight even today.

This is not a sport for longevity unless you are one extreme freak like Ronnie.

Kai has the freak factor which is why he is constantly talked about. I am all for esthetics as well, but the truth of the matter is, the guy with the most dense and full muscles is the one who will stand out most on stage assuming conditioning is rather equal.

Thats true X… I mean complacency to just attaining the norm of big muscles and dry ass conditioning is just gonna get them by, everyones always looking for that next Freak to come out and they’re the one that get the limelight and more opportunities. Not taking anything away from Kai at all but its weird how volatile the bodybuilding world is in regards to sudden change in consumer and fan support of an individual.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
I was thinking about it today, in the 90’s and so on when Ronnie was owning the stage I look back at videos and Im like why didn’t Flex or Levrone ever get the trophy type thing you know and it just relates to whats happening now in terms of Phil Heath. Two years ago when he was gonna do the O everyone was like FUUUCK yeah Heath ftw! And then didnt and then because he got sick and messed his water retention last year, its seems to pass him by now… I mean Kai is now that guy everyones cheering! I wonder if in the next decade we look back and see all the great physiques that stood with Jay and never won, will be like looking back at the 90s type situation.[/quote]

The average length of time for fame for these guys is about 5 years at best. If they don’t make it to be Mr. Olympia within 5 years of them being “the hot topic”, then they can usually kiss it goodbye.

Everyone when I was a kid thought Shawn ray should have been winning a few of those Olympias. I never understood why he didn’t. You still can’t beat his proportions at that weight even today.

This is not a sport for longevity unless you are one extreme freak like Ronnie.

Kai has the freak factor which is why he is constantly talked about. I am all for esthetics as well, but the truth of the matter is, the guy with the most dense and full muscles is the one who will stand out most on stage assuming conditioning is rather equal.[/quote]

This is what my friend and I talk about A LOT.

Like what ever happened to these guys?

Achim Albrecht
Aaron Maddron
Bruce Patterson
Jean Pierre Fux
David Dearth

There are a whole lot of others whose faces I know of, but can’t name. They’re just in the muscle rags for a short time, and then fall off the face of the earth.

Well at least Pierre Fux had an immediate career ending injury… rumored to be the exact same thing that happened to Zach Khan just recently.

People were practically writing him in stone to be a dominant champion but at this point he may never compete again.

lol Kai’s a beast but he wasn’t exactly listening to Dorian. Honestly it almost pissed me off watching it because Dorian had to tell him the same crap over and over for every single exercise. “Slow it down” “Hold it” “Squeeze” “Don’t go all the way down” etc. multiple times.

Oscar at least communicated with him and asked good questions. Although I think he made things seem harder than they were at times.

i was suprised how little oscar knew considering he is Kais trainer, im a dumb ass and i seem to know more than him

lol well next to Dorian what would you expect. I think Oscar’s specialty lies more in the dieting and contest prep areas though.

On a related note, Jay Cutler has interesting Facebook Status right now:

“why does everything think Kai green is gonna win this thing. Just because he is 300 lbs right now? Just wait and see who takes this home… Its no joke here in the house of Cutler”

A little smack talk going on over there.

Goooo cutler!

Or heath.

Cant stand Kai. To me he just sound stupid. And im not the only one who feels this way lol.

Great physique tough, no doubt about that

[quote]Professor X wrote:
If they don’t make it to be Mr. Olympia within 5 years of them being “the hot topic”, then they can usually kiss it goodbye.
[/quote]

That’s why I was surprised to see Dex win a couple years back.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
lol Kai’s a beast but he wasn’t exactly listening to Dorian. Honestly it almost pissed me off watching it because Dorian had to tell him the same crap over and over for every single exercise. “Slow it down” “Hold it” “Squeeze” “Don’t go all the way down” etc. multiple times.
[/quote]

I remember watching this a while ago and thinking the same thing. Kai wasn’t there to learn, he was there for the photo ops and the video op.

If anyone here actually thinks Kai changed his training in any way they are delusional. That’s not to say he should, either, he’s obviously doing something right.

[quote]Harris Russ wrote:
i was suprised how little oscar knew considering he is Kais trainer, im a dumb ass and i seem to know more than him[/quote]

Retarded. From what I remember (and it’s been awhile since I watched it) Oscar was being humble and asking Dorian’s opinions more than anything else.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

i was suprised how little oscar knew considering he is Kais trainer, im a dumb ass and i seem to know more than him[/quote]

Retarded. From what I remember (and it’s been awhile since I watched it) Oscar was being humble and asking Dorian’s opinions more than anything else. [/quote]

Plus, he was too busy trying to birth that bowling ball during his sets to think up something intelligent to say after.

He seems to be doing a solid job of getting Kai ready, though, so believe it or not I guess a cut-up youtube segment isn’t enough to give us a solid picture of his experience and insight regarding training/nutrition. How shocking.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Retarded. From what I remember (and it’s been awhile since I watched it) Oscar was being humble and asking Dorian’s opinions more than anything else. [/quote]

Plus, he was too busy trying to birth that bowling ball during his sets to think up something intelligent to say after.

He seems to be doing a solid job of getting Kai ready, though, so believe it or not I guess a cut-up youtube segment isn’t enough to give us a solid picture of his experience and insight regarding training/nutrition. How shocking.[/quote]

I’ve never been impressed with Oscar. To say the least I’ve watched many videos of him talking training and nutrition and also went to a seminar where he spoke a bit and it was like tell me something I don’t know. But, a lot of the gurus are hired for drug advice above all else and clearly that’s something we won’t here about. Evan and Kai seem to like him though and they both have awesome physiques so he must be doing something right, but then again I’m sure the two would be fine without him.

seriously, dorian is the only pro that i’ve heard that actually understands what triggers muscle growth and can explain why he trains in the manner that he does…

thats why you see a bunch of pros who never make improvements…and the guys who are making improvements are the ones that are really pushing the weights that they’re using in training(ronnie coleman, kai greene)…

[quote]D Public wrote:
seriously, dorian is the only pro that i’ve heard that actually understands what triggers muscle growth [/quote]

LOL, yes… All the other pro’s out there just got to that level of muscularity by magic. The “Swole Fairy” as it were, just flies in at night, waves his wand, and poof, welcome to swoleville, swolertown.

Jesus…

But all those yucky machines he’s using, you can never get big with machines, that’s not real strength.

Better put a :wink: for the sarcasm factor.