Continuing my journey... Simply Jacked

Today felt heavier than I thought it would. But… I know that’s because of the deload. Later this week will feel better.

10/28 143 c1w1d2 13 week BBB
Ohp day
Warm up circuit

Warm ohp 3x5 45
Ss t bar rows 3x10 45
Working 5’s 50,55,65 last set 8
Ss db rows 3 x10
BBB ohp 3x10 45
Lat pull down 3x10 85
Hip thrust 3x10 145
Bis and shoulders 3x15 12’s

Day 2 BBB 13 week challenge Day 2 BBB 13 week challenge - Album on Imgur

10/29 143.3
Rest-liss 2 miles 3 speed 10 incline
I am incredibly sore. Legs and abs to be specific

1 Like

10/30 141.8 c1w1d4 13 week BBB bench day

Will update with lifts later tonight.

On a side note… I just received word that my gym is closing nov 30th. I have been going here for… 4 years. Not real happy ATM… I don’t like change.

10/30 bench press
Warm up 3x5 45,55,65
Ss goblet squat 3x10 40 lbs
Working 5’s 70,80,90 (11)
Ss db row 3x10 40
BBB bench 65 lbs
Ss 3x10 rdl 80

Goblet squats were too light so…
3x15 leg press 180

Tricep ss cable face pulls 3x15 30,50

10/31 142 c1w1d5 rest liss 2 miles incline 10 speed 3

Forced change from something you depend on and is a consistent part of your life is definitely tough. On the flip side, a new gym will have different equipment and could be a refreshing addition to your training.

I wish that would be the case. I have a 24 hour fitness membership. Been to all of the other gyms in a reasonable driving distance. None of them match what mine had. =\

Shopped other potential gyms while some are better none are open late enough.

2 Likes

Hey, great progress. My recommendation would be, if you could, to get basic squat stands + safeties and a barbell. You can get a lot stronger than you think you can just using basic barbell exercises. For example, triceps extensions can be replaced with close-grip benches or even diamond push-ups. Conditioning can also be programmed sprinting instead of running for longer distances, which is actually something that Jim recommends. 5/3/1 won’t steer you wrong. Good luck, don’t hesitate to ask me or any of the other much stronger guys here that frequent these forums any questions.

@liftangryordie500 Thanks for the tips.

I would get my own equipment but I live in an apartment. Unfortunately that’s not a viable option.

I stick to barbell movements for my t1 and t2 lifts. My t3s are all designed to be able to be super setted with those to save on time. Loading a bar again For close grip is time consuming both for loading and rests. Where as I can get the aestetics I want with tricep extentions and still make progress.

If I start stalling or slowing down I might consider changing it up.

For now this is working pretty well.

3 Likes

Ah. I see your predicament. That sucks. Best of luck to you. With hard work, you’ll go places. I say that because I used to lift on the crappiest barbell you could imagine. I also had no rack. The barbell was too small for the plates (there were no sleeves on the barbell to fit the plates, and as a result clips didn’t work). I made semi-decent progress, but during that time I just focused on BW stuff and deadlifts. Perseverance and effort trumps all.

3 Likes

Hell yeah. I started 5 years ago with beach body at home stuff lol. 2 years later I grabbed a gym membership and fucked around for 2 years. Most if my progress has been made in the last 1.5 years following gzclp and 531. Pretty happy with progress so far.

2 Likes

11/1 143.4 c1w1d6 deadlift day
Warm up circuit
Warm do 3x5 135
Ss ohp 3x10 45
Ss 3x3 pull ups
Working dl 5’s 145,170,190 (8)
Ss pull ups 3x3
BBB dl 140
Ss 3x10 hip thrust 2x10,1x20
Ss 4x3 pull ups
Ss bicep curls, shoulder raises 3x15 12

2 Likes

Awesome work.

1 Like

Doggone, that’s a crappy gym situation. Driving distance and hours of operation are the two biggest considerations. Is there any wiggle room in your schedule?

1 Like

Hey Cherry great workouts on the BBB.
I’m considering BBB for the new year and looking at your amraps on the final topset… do you go to failure or leave a rep in the tank?
I know it’s early days but do you feel you can recover from amraps + the volume.
Ohh and tough about the gym, hope you’ll find a solution.

1 Like

@mortdk I am treating them as PR sets rather than amrap. going for a rep match or record. Usually I have a little in the tank or know I could have hit a PR if I had eaten right the day before Ect and capped it at a match.

Currently feeling good about the recovery. The first squat day took me by surprise leaving way more sore than normal. But… I was able to get through ohp and was fine by the time bench day came and I had to goblet squat.

I am tapering my accessories. Week 1 is 3x10. Week 2 is 4x10 week 3 is 5x10. Then I go back down to 3x10 with a higher weight and do it again

1 Like

@TriednTrue Not really. I can make it work with the other 24 hour fitness that are close enough. I just don’t like them as much. More crowded and lack of good hip thrust areas with low benches. May just have to switch to hlute bridges instead.

1 Like

11/2 143.2 rest- liss 2 miles 3 speed 10 incline

1 Like

11/3 144 c1w2d1 13 week BBB challenge

squat day 3’s week

Warm up circuit
Warm squats 3x5 45,65,85
Ss 4x10 push ups
Working squats 3x3+ 95,110, 120 (10 reps) rep PR! Last 2 attempts at 120 I did 8 reps
Ss barbell rows 4x10 65lbs
BBB squats 5x10 70 lbs
Ss rdl 4x10 70 lbs
Cable face pulls ss tricep push downs 4x10 50,30

Suprisingly good day. Was up late last night drinking. Didn’t get enough sleep and had a slight hang over. Nursed it with lots of water, sodium protien and carbs. By evening I felt much better. Good enough that I set a rep PR!

2 Likes