A.I . or Serm; Naturally High Estrogen

Hi all,
Long time lurker here. I’ve only been able to find one thread on the topic but, would it be efficacious to take an AI or SERM if you have naturally high estrogen? I am 21 years old and have been training since 8th grade consistently, and never taken drugs. I am around 100kg and losing weight. I believe my body has a setpoint of 95-100kg at around 18-22% and it’s very very hard to break that. I am just guessing and I am not being too kind either.

My somatype is standard endomorph with feminine properties. I have a relatively thin upperbody (somewhat vascular and lean) and a very fat and undefined lower body. I’ve trained as an olympic lifter for about 4 years and a powerlifter for a couple years too. So, I do train hard both upper and lower body. Regardless of how much weight I lose, I still retain a large amount of weight around my lower body (hips/thighs/calves). This build is consistent with my mom and my aunt and other women in my family.

Generally speaking, I do eat very healthy. I am training hard and doing cardio 4x a week (both x2 HIIT and x2 LSD ). I do not have blood test results to verify I have high amounts of estrogen, but I believe my physique is concurrent with description and sideffects. So to reiterate, would taking some sort of AI or SERM be beneficial for me? Does anyone have any experience with this? I am open to any advice and recommendations.
Thanks,
RyFry

Here is one of the only forum posts that I found which covered this topic a bit. (Mainly Bill Robert’s comments.)

Edit:
Here is a study I found on AI supplmentation in men. There is a small portion dedicated to AI use for obese men and improvements in T:E ratio and weightloss.

Without a blood test it’s hard to say either you have high estrogen/low test and/or other problems. So the best is to get blood tested cause it could be a myriad of other problems.

If you truly believe that it’s high estrogen, you don’t mind spending a few bucks and can’t/won’t get a blood test try a SERM. SERMs have been proven to raise your testosterone and ‘control’ your estrogen level. SERMs block the receptor so the estrogen can’t attach to them and AI stop the production of estrogen. Well at least that’s what I understood. Anyone feel free to correct me.

I’m not sure if an AI would raise your testosterone. Also I’m not sure if it’s been used by itself to control the estrogen/testosterone ratio in clinic.

Keep in mind you still need some estrogen to function normally.

I’m far from an expert in the domain, some other ‘pro’ of the forum should chime in and give their opinions.

you really want to know for sure through bloodwork whether or not you actually have some kind of hormone problem before you start to self medicate.

Nick and Yogi,
Thank you for the advice, I will be having my blood work done shortly here. I will be waiting for the results before I make a decision. I would like to hear the advice of others in the forum that may have experience of knowledge on this subject.

Hard to say without bloodwork. Could be something else besides estrogen. I wouldn’t assume anything without at least getting some things check out.

Check out privatemdlabs. You can order blood tests and then go down to a local labcorp without having to go through your doc.

Get your hormones checked, testosterone, LH, FSH, e2, CBC, thyroid just to name a few

Bud,
Thanks for the reply. My dad is a cardiologist, so I will be getting it done free. I’ll report back with the results.

I’d be interested in seeing what your actual diet was, that way we could rule that out as well of being the cause of your unbeatable weight stagnation.