A-Holes In My Gym

[quote]tedro wrote:
Pat Monaghan wrote:
If you were doing 3x the weight of what this guy was doing, then what’s the big deal with him leaving weight on there; Wouldn’t this actually be a short cut for you and you wouldn’t have to add as much weight because there was already some on the rack?

Looks like you were looking for an arugment, I could understand if you were doing less and you had to remove some and it got in the way of your routine.

He probably starts his warmup with at least 135, so he obviously would have had to take the weight off.

I’m with the OP. It sounds to me that he is just fed up with people thinking the world revolves around them. If more people would just take a few extra seconds to be kind and courteous we would all be a lot better off.
[/quote]

That’s what I gather from this story. There is so much of this going on that grates on me. I just try to avoid it and keep the best attitude possible.

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
go get a plastic surgery and then let him ask you to be his spotter :slight_smile:

“oops!”[/quote]

Sounds like a masterplan. You could get a sex change and seduce the dude too and then tell him he slept with a former guy.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
mazevedo wrote:
I never knew “assholeish” was a word. My vocabulary expands every day.

I think I just made my mark on history. Someone has to invent words. Didn’t want to use fuckhead, shit for brains, or anything too harsh around a lot of people in public but “ass” is one of those borderline words. You can even us

Sorry, but I’ve said it for years. I also take credit for Rebel without a clue, a good two -three years before Dennis Miller. And I have witnesses, hahahaha!

Kill him with kindness and ballsweat.

Next time he’s benching offer to spot. Make sure you dangle the ballsack right in his face, and if you’re real adventurous, maybe drop the sak on his nose.

Derisively tell him to quit snorting your taint or you’ll never spot him again.

If you’re strong enough to rack it, you’re strong enough to stack it.

I just started working out at a new (commercial) gym after 3 years at the YWCA and man these fuckwits have no clue about gym etiquette.

Maybe at the Y it was impossible to get a decent spot but I’d take manners over beefed-up, lug-head douchebags any day.

And by the way, if you’re gonna stretch in the sauna after your work out can you keep your towel on – I don’t need to see your hairy salad bowl. Thanks!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
If you’re strong enough to rack it, you’re strong enough to stack it.

I just started working out at a new (commercial) gym after 3 years at the YWCA and man these fuckwits have no clue about gym etiquette.

Maybe at the Y it was impossible to get a decent spot but I’d take manners over beefed-up, lug-head douchebags any day.

And by the way, if you’re gonna stretch in the sauna after your work out can you keep your towel on – I don’t need to see your hairy salad bowl. Thanks![/quote]

this was about the funniest thing i have ever read man !

hairy salas bowl priceless !!

the swede

Ever notice these threads don’t say something like,

“These really, really big dudes were squatting somewhere around 5 or 6 hundred pounds at my gym the other day. I’m not sure how much weight they were actually using as it was much more than I’ve ever used and let’s face it, once you get over 315 pounds on the bar, it’s tough to eyeball it…anyway…these bozos finished their work…looked like 10 sets of 10 reps…ass to grass squats…they had great, form and weren’t doing half squats or anything…anyway…these guys didn’t re-rack the plates…I was outraged…just because they weigh 250 lbs and are ripped and strong as hell, they think they can do this to me ??? No way man…I knew they were bigger and stronger, but I’m the kind of guy that picks on people his own size or bigger. I yelled, “Hey Arnie! Lou ! You two fuck wads gonna put these weights away ?” They looked at me and said, “no”…I was like what the fuck ? I continued to stare those big bastards down as I threw all their plates on the ground…it ended up being 6 - 45’s per side…which turns out to be 585 lbs (I did the math in my head as I was taking a break from stripping the weight…heavy…jeez)…anyway…I stared those motherfuckers DOWN bro…and I tell you…they felt shame…but…that doesn’t change things…they pissed on me and I stood up to them.”

Nope…it’s always some skinny, pencil-neck guy that pisses people off by not re-racking the weights and leads them to mild violence…weird eh ?

lol, yet another one.

[quote]sen say wrote:

“These really, really big dudes were squatting somewhere around 5 or 6 hundred pounds at my gym the other day. I’m not sure how much weight they were actually using as it was much more than I’ve ever used and let’s face it, once you get over 315 pounds on the bar, it’s tough to eyeball it…anyway…these bozos finished their work…looked like 10 sets of 10 reps…ass to grass squats…they had great, form and weren’t doing half squats or anything…anyway…these guys didn’t re-rack the plates…I was outraged…just because they weigh 250 lbs and are ripped and strong as hell, they think they can do this to me ??? No way man…I knew they were bigger and stronger, but I’m the kind of guy that picks on people his own size or bigger. I yelled, “Hey Arnie! Lou ! You two fuck wads gonna put these weights away ?” They looked at me and said, “no”…I was like what the fuck ? I continued to stare those big bastards down as I threw all their plates on the ground…it ended up being 6 - 45’s per side…which turns out to be 585 lbs (I did the math in my head as I was taking a break from stripping the weight…heavy…jeez)…anyway…I stared those motherfuckers DOWN bro…and I tell you…they felt shame…but…that doesn’t change things…they pissed on me and I stood up to them.”

Nope…it’s always some skinny, pencil-neck guy that pisses people off by not re-racking the weights and leads them to mild violence…weird eh ?

[/quote]

again, well said, i will buy a westside hooded-sweatshirt for the person who can point out the similarities between this post and the “drunken fights”, and some of the others that pop up on this site from time to time, i think you know what i am talking about.

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:
DickBag wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

Im supposed to put up with all the annoying shit in the gym but bite my lip when some douche bag tells me to wipe down a machine so he can do his Abb circuit training?

hold on a second,
are you trying to tell me that you leave sweat on those ab machines

that implys that you “work out” with those machines making you a gay.

Gotta train the abbs if you want that big squat or deadlift.

Actually, it’s the opposite. Heavy squats/dls will train your abs way better than some nancy-boy machine.[/quote]

who is that girl in your avatar?

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Hagar wrote:
mazevedo wrote:
I never knew “assholeish” was a word. My vocabulary expands every day.

I think I just made my mark on history. Someone has to invent words. Didn’t want to use fuckhead, shit for brains, or anything too harsh around a lot of people in public but “ass” is one of those borderline words. You can even us

Sorry, but I’ve said it for years. I also take credit for Rebel without a clue, a good two -three years before Dennis Miller. And I have witnesses, hahahaha!

[/quote]

Shit I knew someone would of thought that up already. So much for being unique and original.

[quote]sen say wrote:

[/quote]
Size and strength don’t always equal manners. I saw a guy leave 6 plates on each side of the bar after squats. What a dick.

You dont happen to go to Clemson, do you?

You need one of these in your gym.

^That is an awesome sign!

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
You dont happen to go to Clemson, do you?[/quote]

You don’t happen to have a chip on your shoulder, do you?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

I’m sorry, Hag. I was in a hurry and besides, I was really tired after doing those one-legged squats.[/quote]

So it was you! I know those one legged 600lb squats can tire me out too but you got put the plates back. I hope your not the same guy that left 46 plates on the legpress?

You know i thought that i was one of the very few with that same pet pieve of douchbags not re-racking the weights. That leg press drives me nuts, and just out of common decency after watching this older (early 40’s) lady trying to strip the 50 friggen 45 plates off the leg press machine to use it. I mean you can press 1000 friggen pounds but now your too lazy to take the weights off? WTF. How bout the young hottie working at the gym makin $7 bucks an hour having to re-rack all that crap. Oh and there is a guy at my gym that i think his whole purpose is to take every set of dumbells from the 100 - 140 range off the rack and cause me to look all over trying to match them up cause they are all over the floor every thursday. Drives me nuts. Now this isnt about picking fights, but its about principle. If you use it, just put it back. Dont be the douchbag.

[quote]esp7781 wrote:
Oh and there is a guy at my gym that i think his whole purpose is to take every set of dumbells from the 100 - 140 range off the rack and cause me to look all over trying to match them up cause they are all over the floor every thursday. Drives me nuts. [/quote]

This one’s easy…just ask him if he thinks he’s the fucking easter bunny hiding dumbbells instead of eggs. IF he persists, buy him some of those rabbit ears that morons strap on their heads around Easter and keep trying to give them to him.