A-Holes In My Gym

If you came off as rude or trying to tell him what he had to do then Im not surprised.

Im supposed to put up with all the annoying shit in the gym but bite my lip when some douche bag tells me to wipe down a machine so he can do his Abb circuit training?

Fuck that! I guess this makes me a asshole, but there is no one that trains worth shit where I workout so I dont give a shit what they think.

Just thought I would say because I have been the asshole more than once in this same situation to people at my gym.

yeah… u handled this situation fine

i think it takes a real dick to tell u that he isn’t going to help u take off the weight after uve asked him in a semipolite manner

i really thought ppl were joking at first when they ridiculed u for the way u handled this

At least you spoke your mind… try not to get wound up though.

Or at least, use the anger to bust out a few more reps.

Aparrently, in olden time days people had much better manners because otherwise there was the chance that you’d be challenged to a duel and killed.

That don’t happen no more. Therefore you get guys like that who have no sense of decency.

All I can say is hurry up and get your own gym. I remember those guys from when I trained at a commercial facility and they were always wankers who had crap form and bad attitudes.

One used to always leave 120kgs on the bar after his 4 sets of 1/4 squats. He go down one inch, rerack it and then spend 5 mins leaning on the bar trying to make eye contact with people so they could acknowledge his greatness.

Shoulda tazed him bro.

I prefer sarcasm to anger in these situations. Just say: “Ooh, let me get these plates off the bar for you. You must be soooo tired after that HEAVY set!” Say it with a smile and then move on. Lazy, inconsiderate types usually can’t take a hint but this way you can at least enjoy the attempt.

Taking the high road can be fun sometimes.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Shoulda tazed him bro.[/quote]

Ha! Priceless.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
I prefer sarcasm to anger in these situations. Just say: “Ooh, let me get these plates off the bar for you. You must be soooo tired after that HEAVY set!” Say it with a smile and then move on. Lazy, inconsiderate types usually can’t take a hint but this way you can at least enjoy the attempt.

Taking the high road can be fun sometimes.[/quote]

i really want to do this now

You haven’t spent much time in a gym, have you?

[quote]Pat Monaghan wrote:
If you were doing 3x the weight of what this guy was doing, then what’s the big deal with him leaving weight on there; Wouldn’t this actually be a short cut for you and you wouldn’t have to add as much weight because there was already some on the rack?

Looks like you were looking for an arugment, I could understand if you were doing less and you had to remove some and it got in the way of your routine.[/quote]

Remember the scene in Monty Python’s Search for the Holy Grail where the French guy taunts them?

Become the French guy.

Oh I almost forgot:

Squats and Milk!
Post pictures!
Stick it in her ass!

That should cover all your bases. You know, because all your base are belong to us.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

Im supposed to put up with all the annoying shit in the gym but bite my lip when some douche bag tells me to wipe down a machine so he can do his Abb circuit training?

hold on a second,
are you trying to tell me that you leave sweat on those ab machines

that implys that you “work out” with those machines making you a gay.
[/quote]

Gotta train the abbs if you want that big squat or deadlift.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
DickBag wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

hold on a second,

Gotta train the abbs if you want that big squat or deadlift.[/quote]

Actually, it’s the opposite. Heavy squats/dls will train your abs way better than some nancy-boy machine.

[quote]TJN713 wrote:

Actually, it’s the opposite. Heavy squats/dls will train your abs way better than some nancy-boy machine.[/quote]

That’s not what that infomercial I saw last night said.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Remember the scene in Monty Python’s Search for the Holy Grail where the French guy taunts them?

Become the French guy.

Oh I almost forgot:

Squats and Milk!
Post pictures!
Stick it in her ass!

That should cover all your bases. You know, because all your base are belong to us. [/quote]

“I fart in your general direction” You could crop dust him while he is on a bench next time.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
Looking right at him I push a 10 and a 25 plate off the bar onto the floor…
[/quote]

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!! You slammed the weights??? Unacceptable!

I can’t believe all of T-Nation hasn’t flipped their shit at this.

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

Taking the high road can be fun sometimes.

i really want to do this now
[/quote]

Me too! Best response of the thread.

The guy acted tough to save face. Next time he will probably put his weights up, or maybe you have to get on him a few more times, but sooner or later he’ll give.

Just don’t threaten him or use any foul language, so that if he complains to management about you harassing him you can honestly say that you’re not trying to start trouble, you’re just tired of cleaning up after him. Shame him into doing the right thing, or getting out of your gym.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
DickBag wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

hold on a second,

Gotta train the abbs if you want that big squat or deadlift.[/quote]

…mmm tacos…what?

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
Hagar wrote:
Looking right at him I push a 10 and a 25 plate off the bar onto the floor…

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!! You slammed the weights??? Unacceptable!

I can’t believe all of T-Nation hasn’t flipped their shit at this.[/quote]

Some dramatic flare always makes a better statement. I got that from Dale Carnegie. I’m feel very good about how I handled the situation or else I wouldn’t of posted it. I’m just interested on how other people were going to react. Like a study on human nature. Frankly I’m surprised I’d didn’t get more negative reactions. Seems like most people here got “the moral of the story.”

BTW the weights were rubber coated and the floor has thick rubber on top. No actual harm was done and it was just one side too. Also I was never rude to him until he disrespected me. I never yelled or lost my temper. I talked to the guy the same way I would talk to my students who misbehave minus the word “assholeish”.

Oh Zap… I prefer pepper spray… the pain lasts longer :slight_smile:

go get a plastic surgery and then let him ask you to be his spotter :slight_smile:

“oops!”

[quote]Hagar wrote:
Last week some employees come to my gym to check it out. They’re reracking the weights because my gym is fill with douche bags that won’t. I mention “hey why don’t you guys put up a sign saying rerack the weights?” “Well” says the low man from the corporate totempole “Corporate headquarters won’t let us do it because they think it looks tacky”… wtf.

“If you see someone doing that just go up to them and tell them to put their weights away.” Well thanks do I get a free membership now that I work for you guys as gym enforcer? (no I didn’t say that, I was polite)

So today I’m in the gym waiting for a bench. There’s one that seems open that I’m about to take when some guy comes up to me and says “oh wait, got one more set to do” I say no prob. Well he dose his set of bench with a few reps of 115, gets up and leaves.

I say “hey man, you going to make me put your weights away for you?” Shithead responds with a yes. Looking right at him I push a 10 and a 25 plate off the bar onto the floor an attempt to make him feel uncomfortable in hopes he will discontinue his selfish ways.

I respond with “thats a very assholeish thing for you to do.” Well shithead takes off without a word, and I spend the rest of my time there staring shithead down trying to make him feel as uncomfortable as possible. He realizes I’m benching and lifting more than 3 times what he is and he stays on the other side of the room.

If I could I would like to of beat the hell out of the guy but because of legal reasons obviously the consequences out weight the benefits.

I hope he injures himself and is never able to workout in my gym again. Yes I really mean it. People like that are worthless.

Now just so people don’t get the wrong idea I’m not a violent guy (I’m not opposed to it) and I don’t lose my temper but I do confront people for disrespecting others and it’s lead to a few close calls. Lucky for me people never want to throw down. Probably cause I put my time in at the gym.

So I thought I’d share my frustration with my fellow T-Nation members. [/quote]

It pisses me off when people do this, but that’s why I got my own stuff over the last 15 years. It’s somethign to consider.