A Good Night's Sleep: I Want One

I can’t remember the last time I had one.
I either lay in bed awake for a good 4 hours or, I randomly wake up in the middle of the night and it’s impossible for me to fall back asleep.
This sucks ass, cuz I’ve been like this for a while and it’s progressively getting worse. Also, my frustration is turning into a growing fireball of rage. Usually going to the gym and lifting my face off worked but even now I come home and in a few hours I’m chalked full of energy ready to rip somebody’s face off again.

I’m going nuts!

Search the web for pre-bedtime rituals for sound sleep. Also check that you’re recovering well from training, and check your daily stress levels.

I haven’t had a good night’s sleep since my son was born (16 years ago). Somehow I’ve become a night owl. Every sound awakens me. My wife thinks it’s a protective reaction. Whatever it is, I stopped stressing over it years ago. I sleep sporadically, and sometimes a 10 minute nap midday works wonders.

Z-12

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Search the web for pre-bedtime rituals for sound sleep. Also check that you’re recovering well from training, and check your daily stress levels.

I haven’t had a good night’s sleep since my son was born (16 years ago). Somehow I’ve become a night owl. Every sound awakens me. My wife thinks it’s a protective reaction. Whatever it is, I stopped stressing over it years ago. I sleep sporadically, and sometimes a 10 minute nap midday works wonders.[/quote]

I know what my problem is, I just can’t overcome it. So instead I’ve turned into a raging asshole instead of the humble quiet guy I used to be. My lack of sleep just keeps getting worse and worse. I’m hoping after my new job starts on monday and I have a set schedual instead of this ‘sometimes morning shift, sometimes night shift’ crap I’ll be able to properly sleep.

If not, beware earth… for I am the destroyer of worlds.

less cocaine ;^p

seriously though,
A calcium/magnesium supplement can help.
or diphenhydramine HCl (benadryl) is what I use for insomnia, leaves me a bit groggy the next day though.

[quote]Search the web for pre-bedtime rituals for sound sleep. Also check that you’re recovering well from training, and check your daily stress levels.
[/quote]
^ this is also a very good idea.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

I haven’t had a good night’s sleep since my son was born (16 years ago). Somehow I’ve become a night owl. Every sound awakens me. My wife thinks it’s a protective reaction. Whatever it is, I stopped stressing over it years ago. I sleep sporadically, and sometimes a 10 minute nap midday works wonders.

I know what my problem is, I just can’t overcome it. So instead I’ve turned into a raging asshole instead of the humble quiet guy I used to be. My lack of sleep just keeps getting worse and worse. I’m hoping after my new job starts on monday and I have a set schedual instead of this ‘sometimes morning shift, sometimes night shift’ crap I’ll be able to properly sleep.

If not, beware earth… for I am the destroyer of worlds.[/quote]

If you’re working those two shifts, but switch them on a regular basis, that will fuck up your sleep like nothing else. You can’t get acclimated to that constant change in patterns.

I’m willing to bet that once to get in a ritual, it will change your life for the better.

melatonin?

Sometimes I have a really hard time sleeping too.

It’s not just being hyped up, stressed or whatever that otc supps can help. (though I do use melatonin for this)

It’s almost like borderline insomnia. Seems to happen for a week or so at a time every few months.

I told my doc and he prescribed ambien. I take it during these spells and it is fucking magical. Look in to it.

Rituals are bogus. Melatonin doesn’t do much (but DAMN do you have wicked dreams the first couple of nights!!!).

Diphenhydramine Hcl. All the way. It’s the only thing that gets me through exam season. I used to lay awake half the night, then write exams on 3 hours of sleep… now I get the full 8 hours and wake up feeling fresh.

I recently found out I have sleep apnea. I did a sleep study two weeks ago and was told I woke up between 9 and 10 times per hour. I just got my CPAP machine last night and had the greatest night of sleep I’ve ever had. I know this doesn’t help you in any way, but I just had to tell someone.

melatonin(sublingual) and magnesium(anything but the oxide form) I have found are great for getting you a deeper sleep. Both are cheap and can be found anywhere.

I use tylenol PM’s. My job keeps up me till 5 am sometimes so on the nights when I don’t work I pop those babies like jelly beans.

I use more conservative doses after what happened to heath ledger now though, hah.

I got some melatonin tonight.

I’m so psyched to sleep!

You’re in Canada. Smoke a blunt and take some ZMA. Awesome sleep, awesome dreams.

And the best part about it, is you wake up fresh, not groggy.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
You’re in Canada. Smoke a blunt and take some ZMA. Awesome sleep, awesome dreams.

And the best part about it, is you wake up fresh, not groggy.[/quote]

KNow what, I’m actually thinking bout doing that. Not the ZMA, but rollin’ a J before I go to bed. I don’t do it often, so it hits me hard and usually I’m out of it in less than an hour.

I hadn’t been sleeping for the last three months and it was screwing up my studies. I did the sleeping pill thing, but they can become addictive so most nights I would lay in bed until 2:00, 3:00, and sometimes 4:00 in the morning.

Last night and the night before I did some foam rolling and really hit my legs. At 9:30 last night after about 30 minutes my legs felt like jello and when I went to stand up I knew it was sleepy time. Headed off to bed and I had the best sleep I have had in a year. Try some foam rolling and some stretching followed by a hot bath. It might just do the trick in releasing the tension that keeps you from drifting off.

haha there you go, pop a few xanax and hide your money. those things turn you into a fucking zombie dude. best drug to take if you want to make all your friends never call you again because you asked them what time it was 20 times in a row and then tried to get into a fight about the whereabouts of your cellphone.