A Food Log Without The Log

I’ve found that keeping an actual food log or journal is a burden, so I end up using a giant wall-calendar to mark down six things: I write the number “30” six times on the space for each day. Every time I consume a meal of that contains ~30 or so grams of protein, I cross off one of the 30s on the calendar.

The key is to put the calendar in a place that is easily accessible, like on the wall in the hallway or on a door. Don’t stuff it behind a desk, on a wall, or you’ll never get to it.

Whatever works. Though the AMOUNT of calories you eat is more important. You have been told this repeatedly.

It would be better for you to put “500” or “600 on the calendar.”

BTW, Arnold used to put five slashed on a wall. He’d put the opposite slash (thus making an X) every time he ate. That works for me, because when I’m not dieting, every meal for me is between 500-600 calories and has at least 40 grams of protein. The rest is window dressing.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Whatever works. Though the AMOUNT of calories you eat is more important. You have been told this repeatedly.

It would be better for you to put “500” or “600 on the calendar.”

BTW, Arnold used to put five slashed on a wall. He’d put the opposite slash (thus making an X) every time he ate. That works for me, because when I’m not dieting, every meal for me is between 500-600 calories and has at least 40 grams of protein. The rest is window dressing.[/quote]

Arnold couldn’t count over 6? The average adult honestly doesn’t have the luxury schedule of eating 6 times a day, and already has problems of eating too much. If you can’t remember the last time you ate, then you’re an idiot and the weight room isn’t going to be your successful strong point.

Whatever your weakness is, whether it be eating enough protein, eating under a certain amount of fat, or eating under a certain amount of carbs, is what you should document and keep track of.

[quote]King of Vice wrote:
The average adult honestly doesn’t have the luxury schedule of eating 6 times a day, and already has problems of eating too much.
[/quote]

Yes they do. I have worked several “average” jobs - including working at a hardwore store, waiting tables, and working at an office. I never had trouble eating 6 meals a day. It’s really easy: You eat breakfast, a protein bar at your desk, lunch, a protein bar at your desk, and then dinner.

In fact, I am out-of-town and working in an office. I have a jar of almonds and am not having any trouble eating my 6 daily meals.

If you “think” otherwise, then you are not a serious trainer and should find another site to troll.