T Nation

A first for me

I went to our state's (SC) bodybuilding & fitness championships the other weekend to see some men in thongs. Technically, that's the reason, but my motivations were not sexual.

Kind of a weird night. I think the best part of the night was that a midget (dwarf? I wanna be PC here) won the lightweight class in the juniors. That's gotta be a hard thing to judge. If he'd been 6' with those proportions, he would have wiped the floor with everybody, but one of the reasons he has those proportions is his height. He was in damn good condition, though, so I couldn't say the judges got it wrong. They did, however, completely screw up 2-5, but that's another story.

There was also a slightly handicapped man in the super heavyweight open division. He was the only one in the weight class, so he won it. I thought that was nice.

It was also nice seeing a friend win the women's bodybuilding overall title, but what I thought was funny was what happened afterwards. They had some monitors showing the on-stage action, and would follow contestants to the edge of the stage with the camera. When she won the women's title, the camera showed her as she walked off stage and hugged two of the judges, as she was good friends with them. If it had been a close contest, I'm not sure how I would have felt about that had I been one of the female competitors. But she honestly kicked ass.

Midgets and handicapped you say....Maybe thats what i'll get in my class next yr when I turn 35 and return to competition. Old dudes, midgets, and waterheads....I might have a chance at third:)