A Few Odd Questions, E2/Anastrozole

A bit of background:

I’ve been lurking and reading here for quite a while (as well as other forums) and I have a strange phenomenon occurring I’d like to run by y’all. I started TRT in March of 2017, doc put me on 200mgs/w of Cyp (single injection) and 2mgs/w of Anastrozole.

I thought both of those dosages were pretty high for TRT, so I lowered the dose of Anastrozole way down (.5mgs E3Ds) and went slightly under the 200mgs of cyp a week.

After a month, that put me at about 900 total and 20ish free, along with 10ish E2. Interestingly enough, my testicles have remained the same size, and haven’t gotten smaller at all.

Full disclosure - I don’t suffer most of the same symptoms that I’ve read here, and elsewhere from low E2. Yes, my sex drive is slightly reduced, and I have some dry skin, but otherwise I feel completely fine. In fact, I’ve had my E2 measured down to 2-3ish before or not detectable, and felt no ill effects. That doesn’t mean it’s not screwing me up on the inside, I realize that, but I’m just adding that in here in case it’s relevant.

I AM sensitive to high E2 though. I get cranky, my chest/nipples burn/get itchy, and I’m pretty anxious/miserable. Anytime I’ve ever noticed those symptoms, and gotten my E2 tested, it’s always come back high.

In the past, I have used steroids for extended periods of time, taking anywhere from 250mgs of Enanthate a week to 500mgs/w. During that time I’d take Anastrozole at a dose anywhere from 2mgs/week to 1mg/ED.

Anyway, on to why I’m posting. So, skip ahead to November 2017, I notice a bit of acne and I’m holding some water. That’s odd. I don’t usually get that. I have been eating pretty crappy so I chalk it up to that. Around the middle of December I notice that the day or two after my injection, my chest starts to get tingly and my nipples are sensitive. Hmmm, that’s odd.

The following week I woke up one morning and my nipples were on FIRE. I went and took a panel from discounted labs and my E2 was in the 40s.

How’d that happen? That’s odd…and why’d it happen almost a full 8-9 months after I started all this?

So…I changed up my protocol. I split the just under 200mgs a week dose into two injections (100mgs/Friday - 100mgs/Monday), and upped my Anastrozole a bit, 2mgs/week.

My high E2 symptoms went away, and I got some dry skin, and I was peeing - A LOT. BUT no more high E2 symptoms. Everything else felt normal. Got my E2 tested and I was back in the low teens.

Great.

Fast forward to now, in June, almost 7 months after that, and I’m starting to get high E2 symptoms again. My chest is on fire the day after my injections, and my nipples are starting to burn in the morning. I’m also holding water and generally cranky.

I’ve got a panel through discounted labs I’m going to do this week and we’ll see, but I won’t be surprised when my E2 is high.

So, what gives? Why would my E2 just start rising repeatedly after 6-7 months?

I read on another forum that it could possibly be because the E2 produced by my testes (which are still large and in charge by the way) isn’t impacted by the Anastrozole, and that’s what’s getting me?

I really don’t feel like injecting 3 times a week, or upping my Anastrozole at this point. My doc is on the side of letting me just take charge here, and he’ll just ask if I want to up my Anastrozole, which I don’t.

Maybe I lower the test dose, inject every 4th day? But why would it be fine for so long, and then just keep creeping up? Especially a second time?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

It sounds like your flying blind protocol wise, SHBG will determine which protocol is best for you, it can provide a better starting point.

Post labs and I’ll be able to provide better advice.

latest SHBG is here:

SHBG:

January 2018 - 40.0 REF 16.5-55.9
May 2018 - 43.9 REF 16.5-55.9

So, pretty similar from January till now. I have some figures from last year as well, not currently at my disposal though.

I changed the protocol due to most seeing people have a reduction in E2, as well as having more stable levels. The first part seemed like a good response to what I was experiencing in January, and the latter good as well.

I guess my question is, where is this estrogen coming from? I’d say my Anastrozole dose is HIGH as it is. I don’t want to raise it again.

Mid read your SHBG as 16.5, you should do better injecting 50-60mg twice weekly, any more drives estrogen since our bodies hold on to estrogen far longer than testosterone. These are good starting doses.

Perhaps I’m not reading what you’re saying correctly, but your referencing low SHBG guys, and more frequent injections. With my SHBG at 40, I’m not low. Right? :slight_smile:

Ahhh, I can see how you thought that. Hmmm, I’ll certainly give that some thought. Any reason that you can think of that my E2 would just creep up like that over several months though?

The same thing happened to me after 6 months, it just shows that dosage was a little bit high and it just took a long period of time to become elevated. Also your liver can only clearout so much estrogen, diet could also be a reason. Alcohol could be a reason.

It’s a sign the test dosage or AI needs to be changed, I always prefer to low test dosage first, then AI if needed for the short term solution. Losing weight can help lower estrogen conversion.

I don’t consume alcohol at all, and my diet extremely clean. I’m a huge fitness buff, and rarely eat anything bad at all. Complex carbs, lean meats and good fats are my diet. :slight_smile:

Soooooo, maybe I lower the test dosage? Hmm, let’s say instead of 100mg shot on Friday and Monday, I start with a 100m shot every 3rd day or 4th day?

Your test dose is too high. But you need labs, your flying in the dark here.

Your SHBG may have lowered from being on TRT for so long, now your producing more E2 as a result.