A Few Noob Questions

Hey all, Im fairly new to BB I have a couple questions for some experienced guys. Im 38 years old 6’2" 190lbs at what I would guess is close to 20% BF (I cant see my abs, put it that way). My questions are,

1. My body is very asymmetrical my right side entirely is smaller than my left, the whole deal, right pec, bicep, tricep, delt, lat, quad, ect is all smaller than my left. Oddly, Im right handed and my right side is much stronger than my left even tho its smaller! If I did 50lb preacher dumbells I could do 12 reps with my small right arm and only 9 reps with my weak larger left arm. Its weird I know. Ok, there is a question in here somewhere! lol Is there any gear that is really effective at specific site enhancement? Anecdotaly what kind of gear gives the most impact for site injections? I would like to do a cycle and try to even out my body. Not looking for huge gains, I just want to bring up my whole right side in size.

2. Posture, I have shitty posture, I slump over alot and only stand/sit very straight when I mentally think about it. If I dont think about it, I slouch alot. What muscles should I strengthen the most to improve an upright posture?

3. I have alot of joint problems in this past year. The backside of both of my shoulders hurt to do any kind of pressing doing flat benchpress feels like my shoulders are going to come out of their sockets. I can only do dumbell presses and the way I have to press them up to avoid the shoulder pain is retarded. Also my right elbow gets an extreme pain right on the tip of it, like basically on the bony part with any kind of dips or skull crushers. Is there any kind of gear or meds that can fix joint pain?

Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Joking? all of these problems will be solved with proper training. None of them will be solved with “gear or meds”

1. symmetry will come if you train for it. With site injections you’re taking the idea of a quick fix and trying to make it even quicker and easier. Not usually a good idea. Plenty of good people out there do just fine injecting in the butt.

2. thoracic extensors. rear delts.

3. shoulder problems are due to your fucked posture and imbalances. See #2. Rows, face pulls, reverse flys… work your upper back basically. Also foam roll your thoracic spine frequently for mobility.

[quote]BigNutz wrote:
Hey all, Im fairly new to BB

Is there any gear that is really effective at specific site enhancement? [/quote]
I stopped reading right ^there^

Good luck with whatever this thread was about OP.

bro, just inject your balls with teh creatinez

Well, so far the only useful reply was from NoAir_DontCare and the Cat only has 9 posts on this board. NoAir_DontCare, can you elaborate on what you meant by,

“symmetry will come if you train for it.”

what kind of training would you recommend to fix the asymetry?

and

“thoracic extensors. rear delts.”

What do you mean by that?

Thanks

[quote]BigNutz wrote:
Well, so far the only useful reply was from NoAir_DontCare and the Cat only has 9 posts on this board. NoAir_DontCare, can you elaborate on what you meant by,

“symmetry will come if you train for it.”

what kind of training would you recommend to fix the asymetry?

and

“thoracic extensors. rear delts.”

What do you mean by that?

Thanks
[/quote]

after I finished /facepalming…

train both sides of your body with the same load on each side. you know when you bench press and one side goes higher than the other? yeah, not that.

these are thoracic extensions:

what would also help is if you consciously stopped slouching. yes, I know it’s hard to think about your posture all the time, but it’ll pay off, I promise.

as for your rear delts, band pull aparts, rear delt flyes, and face pulls all work to stimulate your rear delts.

If you are not on the Anaconda protocol, YOU ARE WRONG

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
If you are not on the anaconda protocol, YOU ARE WRONG[/quote]

Anaconda = GAIYNZZZZ

SOUNDS LIKE A JOB 4 DA 360 MUSCLE PROGRAM BRO

Your body will most likely even out after a few years of consistent training.

what I mean is, don’t do more work for your left arm if it’s smaller than your right.

size will come. fine-tuning left and right imbalances should be something you worry about after putting on 50 pounds of MUSCLE. Not weight, muscle.

Anterior/Posterior imbalances, however, should be at the top of your priority list. You’ll end up with some frustrating injuries if you don’t fix it.

Do band pull-aparts all day. At least 100 reps a day (spaced out). Before you ask, no, you shouldn’t worry about over-training. Just trust me on that one.

If pressing hurts, stop doing it. Fix the problem first. It’ll only get worse.

IF YOU DON’T READ ANY OF THAT, AT LEAST TAKE THIS AWAY: Look up the “Neanderthal no more” series here on T-Nation.

If he had just been doing 360 Muscle in the first place, HE WOULDNT HAVE THIS PROBLEM FUAARRK

360… left day, right day, front day, back day. even gains all around.

@fr0IVIan and NoAir, thank you very much! That is good info, I appreciate it.

Just to confirm what Im looking at in the vid, is he intentionally moving the roller into different positions as he flexes backward or is that not supposed to be part of it?

Also, I hate to sound fucking retarded but when your talking about “even load”. I believe that is what Im doing? If I understand the meaning. I always do have an even load, its just that my right side is much stronger, (yet much smaller than my left side) so for example, incline dumbbell press with 70lbs, my left side gives out way before my right side, basically I have to stop the exercise at the failure of my left peck/arm and yet, oddly, my right side is smaller and stronger. How is this possible? I thought Big = Strong?

Again, thank you for the legit replies, any info is appreciated.

[quote]BigNutz wrote:
@fr0IVIan and NoAir, thank you very much! That is good info, I appreciate it.

Just to confirm what Im looking at in the vid, is he intentionally moving the roller into different positions as he flexes backward or is that not supposed to be part of it?

Also, I hate to sound fucking retarded but when your talking about “even load”. I believe that is what Im doing? If I understand the meaning. I always do have an even load, its just that my right side is much stronger, (yet much smaller than my left side) so for example, incline dumbbell press with 70lbs, my left side gives out way before my right side, basically I have to stop the exercise at the failure of my left peck/arm and yet, oddly, my right side is smaller and stronger. How is this possible? I thought Big = Strong?

Again, thank you for the legit replies, any info is appreciated.[/quote]

the movement of the roller is only incidental. he’s flexing his back into the roller and it just happens to be moving.

the loads you are using are equal but how you use your muscles to move them is not. I’d maybe try using a barbell instead as there’s more incentive to keep the bar parallel to the ground. you need to work on your MMC and actually feeling both sides working equally.

this was awesome btw!

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/stretching_is_bs
(page 2…)

‘So, if you want to improve your posture, forget about stretching and strength training. You’re already achieving all you can in that respect if you follow a decent program. The real key is mind over matter. Just as when trying to lose a tic, you must become aware of it and then correct it. Repeatedly. For a long time.’

Mat’