T Nation

A few food questions

I have a couple of questions

1. Would it be safa to cook egg whites at night, store them in the fridge, and then eat them in the morning.

2. Is it OK to eat veggies at night or are they like any other carb in the sense that you should avoid them later in the day.

1. i know i never got sick eating easter eggs that we boiled the night before and ate in the morning after they had been outside for who knows how long…

2. i dont think plain veggies before bed will hurt any diet. if they are just veggies with no extra stuff i think your in the clear.

Hmm. I just ate the Easter eggs from last year…

Jake:

1. Shouldn’t be a problem. Once they’re cooked, the bacteria are dead.

2. Veggies are great no matter what time of day it is, as far as I’m concerned–as long as you’re not eating super-starchy veggies like potatoes, corn, carrots, etc. and you’re sticking to mostly green, fiberous veggies like spinach and broccoli, you’re in the clear.

Dan “The bacteria are dead. I SWEAR.” McVicker

Eggs will be fine. I have left cooked eggs in the fridge for 3 days without a problem. So you will be fine leaving them overnight.

Why should carbs be avoided later in the day? Oh that’s right, people mistakingly took a concept and ran with it.
Unless your a freak, the right kind of carbs are no problem at night.

Call me the Liberator:)

1. Agree there, but why not the yokes aswell? (just out of interest)

2. I dont think veggies would be a problem unless they give you gas. Sprouts, spinach and broccolli are good for that…real rectum splitters…too much information I think.

hey dooley you forgot about cauliflower
man eat that shite before you go to bed and your girl will not talk to you in the morning;]

Storey420. I can think of a few reasons why my girlfriend CANT talk to me in the morning…LOL