A few different questions...

These are all questions I have had after researching through the articles and forums of both this site and other reputable nutrition sites.

It is hard for me to break up my HIIT time from lifting because of classes and sports. Should I make sure to get my low GI carbs right after I lift and before HIIT, or can I wait till after?

I am thinking of purchasing Hot Rox, do you guys suggest it for weight loss?

I am currently 244 pounds and at about 21 percent body fat. How many calories a day should I be shooting for? Keep in mind I am attempting to maintain and gain strength, but I really want to lose extra body fat also.

I am currently taking Glutamine with NO2, ZMA with Tribulus and as I said before am considering using Hot Rox. Are there any other supplements I should try?

Last but not least, other than dropping body fat, are there any suggestions for getting rid of Gyno? I carry all of my fat on my stomach and chest, but I have seen doctors who have told me that I do have a case of natural gyno. I’m sure I will have more questions that I can’t think of as of now, but any help is appreciated.

Hey Tank123…

Just to save the usual people from typing it.

You might want to describe your current diet and training so they can critique. At this stage you have not given them much to be able to help you.

About the low-GI carbs post workout - you meant high-GI carbs didn’t you? If not you may gotten a little mixed up and need to do a bit more reading.

JB’s solving the Post workout puzzle is a good one to get into about your post workout nutrition.

I have a similar thread going on although I have slightly different and perhaps more realistic goals so feel free to check it out as it may save the usual suspects a lot of typing.

It’s called “should I change my diet- a bit long”, actually it’s a lot long but have a look.

I vote for lift, HIIT, then HIGH GI carbs + protein in a formula like Surge.
Low GI carbs aren’t your friend at that point.

Fat loss. Big difference. I’ve got a bottle, haven’t tried it yet… but people say it works. There are a bunch of people’s experiences if you do a search.

Read T-dawg 2.0. Get a calculator and figure it out. Go with a low rep plan like 5x5, ABBH, OVT, etc. You’ll maintain strength fine while cutting up.

Stop with the Glutamine and NO2. Glutamine–do a search. NO2… worthless, IMHO. Stay with the ZMA and Tribulus. Hot Rox is a good option, the aformentioned Surge is a MUST. I’m not a supplement expert. All I can say is make sure to drink a crapload of water–that seems to make a huge difference for me in terms of fatloss speed and hunger levels, both.

[quote]
Last but not least, other than dropping body fat, are there any suggestions for getting rid of Gyno? I carry all of my fat on my stomach and chest, but I have seen doctors who have told me that I do have a case of natural gyno. I’m sure I will have more questions that I can’t think of as of now, but any help is appreciated.[/quote]

Try dropping your bodyfat percentage first before you go crazy with surgery. If you’re at 10-12% and still have gyno… go see the doc again. Also, consider getting your T levels checked. You may also consider some anti-estrogenic supplements like M. The Tribulus, and Red Kat. But lose the body fat and talk to a doc before you go crazy. My bet is that the man-teats will go away as the bodyfat % drops.

All of this is JMO.

Dan “Q&A” McVicker

Tank,’

Not much time so I am going to be breif.

? #1= HIIT and Training not good. If you feel you have to do it. Drink half your PWO drink during weights, slam other half after HIIT. I also take it that you meant High GI carbs and not low. I imagine it would be fairly uncomfortable to try and perform HIIT with a load of fresh fiber in your tummy.

? #2 Hot Rox Rox

? #3 This is a tough one and dependent on the individual. Do you keep a food log, and have an idea of what your maint. Kcal intake is.

For your goals of maintaining weight and gaining LBM/losing BF%. I would say eat right around maint., maybe a little lower, and let your training do the rest. For a ball park figure I would say somewhere between 3000-4000 kcals

? #4 Fish oil, surge, r-ala

? #5 ???

Just my 2cc

Phill

Just wanted to add you said nothing of your diet and the macro breakdown. This will also be a factor in your intake to goal factor.

Two other supplements that should be @ the top of your list are also plenty of water and rest.

If I have more time ltr I will try and expand a little more. I am sure others will chime in though and do a great job.

Phill

two things:
1)FAQ
2)Search engine

Yes, yes I’m sorry I meant High GI (simple sugar type stuff).

I already purchased the glutamine, will having the N02 in it make it worthless? It was on sale, that’s one of the reasons I bought it. I’ll attempt to get a food log up asap.

You can attempt to lose weight or you can do it. People who attempt to lose weight usually start with Curves for Women and Jenny Craig. START A FOOD LOG. You can attempt all you want but in the end there are no attempts only successes and failures.

[quote]
It is hard for me to break up my HIIT time from lifting because of classes and sports. Should I make sure to get my low GI carbs right after I lift and before HIIT, or can I wait till after?[/quote]

My suggestion would be to do your HIIT, but keep it short and intense, right after your weights and then immediately follow that with your PWO meal.

The other option is to simply do your HIIT work on a non-training day. That might work out better for you.

[quote]
I am thinking of purchasing Hot Rox, do you guys suggest it for weight loss?[/quote]

While feedback seems to indicate that this is a very effective supplement, I’d rather see you fine tune your diet, milk that for all it’s worth, and then add in something like Hot Rox. Don?t use all your tools at once.

[quote]
I am currently 244 pounds and at about 21 percent body fat. How many calories a day should I be shooting for? Keep in mind I am attempting to maintain and gain strength, but I really want to lose extra body fat also. [/quote]

How did you arrive at 21% body fat? Are you approximating this? Let’s assume it’s correct. I would start probably cycle calories over 3 days. 2800 on Day 1, 2400 on Day 2, and 2000 on Day 3. Calorie cycling is very effective. If you are keeping a food log, this should be easy to do.

[quote]
I am currently taking Glutamine with NO2, ZMA with Tribulus and as I said before am considering using Hot Rox. Are there any other supplements I should try?[/quote]

Ditch the glutamine and the NO2.

[quote]
Last but not least, other than dropping body fat, are there any suggestions for getting rid of Gyno?[/quote]

Get lean first and then reassess how it looks. Will Brink has said in the past that the lignans in flaxseed oil can help with gyno. It’s a healthy addition to any diet, so it’s worth a shot.

What a great post! And all that with 9 fingers?

I am adapting very quickly to this injury. LOL

My right hand is still typing ‘correctly’, but with my left, I only use my pointer finger. LOL

Thunder, great post.

Then TT, got me LMAO with the nine finger comment.

You are doing a hell of a job with all the post and your digit limitations.

Phill