T Nation

A *Fake* Letter from Phelps

http://www.theagitator.com/2009/02/01/a-letter-id-like-to-see-but-wont/

awesome.

That was fucking amazing.

I don’t think anything will happen to his medals or his endorsement deals. Most of his sponsors have already brushed it under the carpert.

[quote]JGerman wrote:
I don’t think anything will happen to his medals or his endorsement deals. Most of his sponsors have already brushed it under the carpert.

[/quote]

As well they should.

Awesome letter.

Too bad MP is not intelligent or brave enough to make a statement like that to the media.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Too bad MP is not intelligent or brave enough to make a statement like that to the media.[/quote]

And you’d be?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Too bad MP is not intelligent or brave enough to make a statement like that to the media.[/quote]

It’s not really up to him, I’m sure he would love to lay down a speech like that. His sponsors would probably bail on him and he would lose millions…what would you do?

[quote]Game Time wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Too bad MP is not intelligent or brave enough to make a statement like that to the media.

It’s not really up to him, I’m sure he would love to lay down a speech like that. His sponsors would probably bail on him and he would lose millions…what would you do?[/quote]

Be a pussy and take the money. Hell, I’d even go on an anti-pot crusade to pull the kind of money he is. I’ve never done pot and don’t plan to. But I hate when people mount their moral high horse to criticize the best swimmer in the world*. Especially, when most of the have no idea how pot affects the body. Seriously, pot is less addictive than alcohol or tobacco and it kills a hell of a lot less percent of the users/victims of the users.

[quote]Game Time wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

It’s not really up to him, I’m sure he would love to lay down a speech like that. His sponsors would probably bail on him and he would lose millions…what would you do?[/quote]

keep my mouth shut, make millions, keep smoking weed

…and banging strippers

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

And you’d be?[/quote]

Duh, he’s on the internet, the only place on earth where EVERYONE is an 8 foot tall crusader for justice.

MP wants to swim, I don’t think he cares about much else. Given that, is it more likely that he would…

a) …take up the cause of marijuana reform, give up millions of dollars in sponsorship money, and aggravate the very people he needs on his side in order to compete in the next Olympics, or

b) …give a token apology and keep swimming?

If he keeps winning, he will be able to make an even stronger case for marijuana reform once he retires.

I’m not going to hold my breath, though.

The author of the fake letter is Radley Balko, the senior of Reason magazine.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/131438.html

The Agitator is his personal blog.

Damn! I’ll smoke to that.

And I’ll drink some THC Tea in honor of Phelps’s bong hits. He may be a douche, but that will go a long way towards showing people you can smoke weed and be successful.

Slimjim whos that in your avatar

Kick ass letter!

oh and SlimJim… awesome avatar!

I was high when I read that…Im still high right now…He should loose his medals cause weed=roidz and roidz are bad

[quote]MangoMan305 wrote:
Slimjim whos that in your avatar[/quote]

You should have watched the Olympics.

[quote]MangoMan305 wrote:
Slimjim whos that in your avatar[/quote]

I’m going to guess Alicia Sacramone.